New Subject

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

New Subject

Post by count »

OK, let's move on. Has anyone tried to find the 18 pictures Ted Degrazia allegedly hid in the mountains? Personally I'm not thrilled with his stuff, but that would be quite a find. <br>Tom K's chronicle reminded me of this, and also of the actual name of the mine. I know you're touchy, Tom, about calling it the "Lost Dutchman Mine" because it's the mine that's lost, not the Dutchman. Seems to me you're putting the emPHASis on the wrong sylLABle. It's the "Dutchman Mine", and it's lost. It's the "Lost 'Dutchman' Mine". I don't believe the "Dutchman's Lost Mine" is famous anywhere, but everyone knows about the LDM. Go with the flow! <br>Comments on any of this uncontroversial verbage?
count
Expert

Post by count »

Not sure I can add much to the DeGrazia thing. Only info I have on it is the info from Bob Wards (aka Val Paris)book <br>Ripples of Lost Echoes. I am sure most of you folks on this forum have read it <br>(and anything else having to do with things LDM). Bob seems to have been quite a character. Found the LDM, the Stone Tablets, buried DeGrazias paintings..must have been fortunate to be in all those places in a lifetime. <br> <br>As for verbage...I'm just happy I can <br>get a few strung-together words to equal a cognisant (did I spell that right?) sentence with a period at the end. I'll let my betters squabble about what to call the LDM (or is it the DLM?) ! lol
count
Expert

Post by count »

Not even his brother knows where he buried them. I talked to his brother at Florence, Arizona about it. Don't remember how it came up, it just did. His brother, Frank (who was my band teacher in H.S., back in the 60's) said that his brother told him,"I took the paintings and drawings from the garage and wrapped them in canvas. Then I drove into the desert and buried them." I don't remember the time frame as if it was when he was living in Tucson, or Apache Junction at that time, I believe it was Tucson, but am not sure about it.
count
Expert

Post by count »

If he said he went with DeGrazia to bury the paintings, he lied. His brother told me that he went out alone and buried them. "Where not one but he would find them".