secrets,etc

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

secrets,etc

Post by count »

First , thank you anonymous for your words. I think a few things have not been taken into consideration as far as these alledged secrets. My journey has not been one to find out anybody's secrets, but to try and find any verifiable data on the legend. First Walzer didn't in my mind leave any secrets to the people who meant the most to him at the time of his death. First he would of told as well as he could the location of the mine etc. for the time. Remember there wasn't very many things named back then. How does one describe where something is if you can't use place names? However , from my research , I believe not Julia, but Rhiney and Herman actually knew exactly where the mine was, but because of cir[beep]stances in the mountains at the time, and fear of their lives they did not uncover it. Herman went to his grave knowing where themine was,and so did his brother. Get the Desert Magazine from the 1950's where a Mary Bagley interviewed Herman and read it carefully. A very scared man is talking. Also never doubt that the mine may be totally empty,not a fact that would stop any of us searching for it.I disagree with I believe Peter, in that what shaped my life as a Dutchman hunter has been the men that I got to know well. Not so much as they put me on the right track, but from there mistakes I learned where not to search. As for the dutchhunter that was asking where to go with his hunt, again search for the data that can be verified, such as the Dutchman himself is very verifiable. Not secrets or clues, but what information is out there one can hang their hat on. Sometimes this comes through studying related history to the subject, but if I go much further than I will be telling my secrets Ha, again forget the secrets. One more thing on the subject ,that most dismiss as where the mine is. Gold is where you find it,but if the right geologocal conditions are not present , there can be no gold , which brings me to my last comment which is the excavation information that I was asked about. Nothing new as yet. My archaeologist is completing the initial site plan for the governmental agencies , and when we complete that hurdle, we should start to clean out the tunnel.I will keep it posted as progress gets under way. It will be an exciting exploration.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Wow! That must have been the magic entry, judging from all the responses! <br>Thanks, Ron, I look forward to your updates.