Walzer, Walz or Waltz?

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

Walzer, Walz or Waltz?

Post by count »

Over the years there has been a lot of argument over the spelling of the Dutchman's name. Most authors of recent years use "Waltz" because of published samples of his signiture. <br> <br>Several of the earlier books called him Walzer or Walz, incorrectly assuming Charles Higham and Barney Barnard were probably in the best position to know. <br> <br>Helen Corbin personally traced Waltz to his Homeland and ended this argument for all time on page 36 of her book "Curse of the Dutchman's Gold" (a little more than half way down the page). Quote: "in the town records of Wurttemberg, Germany his name is spelled Waltz"
count
Expert

Post by count »

Can we all agree that his first name was Jacob?
count
Expert

Post by count »

Even that could start a debate Jim. After all, If you asked the 'Ole Dutchman himself, He would have said his first name is Yacob!
count
Expert

Post by count »

Milt Rose said the Dutchman's real name was Hans Christian Ballwieser.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Milton Rose said the LDM was in the Four Peaks region but was worked out (of course!) by the time he found it. <br> <br>He also said that Adolph Ruth died of natural causes and wouldnt you know it, <br>a big wild boar (javalina out your way) <br>made those holes in Ruths skull with its tusks !! <br> <br>Old Milton had some interesting, but as far as I can see, incorrect, theories. <br>Unless, of course he was playing the fool to everyone else and was really <br>sharp as a tack (which wouldnt surprise me in the least). In fact, I think some of his material is quite interesting. I wonder if some of his innane babble was just a big smoke screen.......
count
Expert

Post by count »

Claim jumper, <br> <br> <br> Sorry, but the dutchman did not die before holmes entered the valley. It is do[beep]ented in a court case in 1892, that Julia Thomas took Richard Holmes to court over holmes stealing the ore . She did lose. The dutchman's real name in Germany was Walzer, he changed to Walz when he came here. <br> Thank you , Peter for the web site's name. <br> Jim, don't ask me if we should trust one , I guess trust is an individual thing. <br> Back to what Peter said about forces in the mountain, I for one would never disbelieve it. The mountain is one of the few places that seem to have that energy, but as I said before you personally bring your own destiny into the mountains to a point.