Cravey

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

Cravey

Post by count »

Ruth has been discussed into the ground (no pun intended) for 70 years. What about Cravey? I've seen very little about him except the same sketchy info over and over. Pretty gruesome stuff, and pretty obviously foul play. Anyone with any anecdotes or accounts?
count
Expert

Post by count »

I do not beleive I can add anything new to the Cravey story. I am sure you have seen the same accounts that I have. He camped somewhere in Labarge, disappeared and his headless body showed up some months later just off the side of a trail under peculiar cir[beep]stances. <br> <br>Something interesting I have dug up was the wherabouts of his main camp. It was not in the part of Labarge popularly believed, and for me at least, has lead me to beleive that perhaps Cravey knew something that resulted in him being caught in the wrong place at the wrong time by the folks one wants to avoid...
count
Expert

Post by count »

i too would bepleased to find a little more info on cravey.as you said info on cravey seems rather sparse-it seems dutchman authors dont seem to have picked up on this story-which to me anyway seems every bit as intriguing as the ruth episode. im not at all sure i believe the report that craveys head was found on a rock propped up close to the skeleton wen found.it sounds to me as tho a bit of poetic license was used there.i remember reading somewhere that barnard claimed to have found craveys water flask and rifle in dense undergrowth a decade later. but again its difficult to ascertain wat truth there is in that report. <br> also would i be right in thinking there was a court case involving keenan and possiblyhis partner too regarding ownership of a mapin 1940s?again the report i read was brief and stopped just wen it begged to explained . ho hum <br> and finally the curseof gernimo? sorry i never heard of him. lol
count
Expert

Post by count »

I spoke to a good friend of mine about the Cravey episode yesterday. While he didnt add anything terribly new, there is now no doubt in mind that Cravey was found in the wrong place at the wrong time by certain folks. <br> <br>Craveys body was found under peculiar cir[beep]stances. Some months after his disappearance some hikers, hiking a very popular trail came across a length of rope that lead into some underbrush <br>off the trail. They followed the rope and found Craveys headless body wrapped in canvas. The odd thing about it was that the trail was a heavily travelled one, and this wwas the first time the rope was noticed..As if someone left it there on purpose...
count
Expert

Post by count »

Yep, that's the sketchy information I've heard over and over.