Stone Maps

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Hello Hiker, <br> <br>That particular "D" on the Perfil Mapa (I assume you are talking about the symbol just below the arrow and the "squiggly line".....which is most likey a 50 varas symbol, btw") might also be an "A" without the leg down on the bottom right. <br> <br>As to Kenworthys "D" on Bluff Springs Mtn, it also looks like a "0" . Kenworthy, methinks, saw lots of artificial landmarks when in truth there were none. <br> <br>Maybe all the above are interconnected, but I doubt it.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Hiker, <br>God's Map refers to the two symbols on the right side the translates to " Infinite God", according to the symbols that I have been able to find. <br>Yes, 1000000. <br>Yes, both ways. <br>The "D" in this case is probably saying to continue in the direction the "D" is facing. In the case of the Stone Maps, I don't believe Bluff Springs and Kenworthy have anything to do with the accuracy or meaning to be interpreted. <br> <br>azmula
count
Expert

Post by count »

Azmula, <br> <br> Forgive me if I did not make myself clear in what I said last. You are right, there is no where on the maps that refers to the Needle; there are certainly hearts depicted on the maps, most evident the heart insert and the place it fits into. As I said before ,coming from Florence toward the Superstitions, the Needle appears as a heart tilted to one side , although one can't see the whole needle , it certainly appears to me as a heart. What better landmark than the Needle, which if there is truth to them I feel the Needle is the place that the maps direct you to. As for them being part of the scheme to aquire large tracts of land in the Baron's plan ,let's just say that I've seen some documentation to that effect. It doesn't mean it's true , but it certainly is a good possibilty. As for saying that they were found with a portion sticking up and it was badly weathered , which some how proves authenticity, we have no documentation as to that or much of anything else on the maps, except what a few story books say ,and of course we all just continue to repeat what we read. If I don't see things backed by an overwhelming source of documentation or eye witness accounts , I have to look at it with much doubt.I realize much history of the world has been accepted by just plain stories, and probaly nothing that has transpired before us can be proven 100 percent, but again we should look to what is verifiable.
count
Expert

Post by count »

One source regarding a comment on the Stone Maps being generated by Reavis can be found on pg.28 of Wilburn's "Dutchman's Lost Ledge of Gold". He also claims the existence of the Peraltas and their mines was nothing more than a fabrication to support the scheme.
count
Expert

Post by count »

I believe Mr Wilburn needs to do a bit more researching on the Peralta theme.
count
Expert

Post by count »

That was me that made the comment about the weathered stones - don't blame azmula for that one! Of course, you're 100% correct about simply repeating what we've read. Guilty as charged.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Ron, <br>I have heard about the Needle looking like a heart from a distance. But when I found 3 different sources defining the "heart" symbol to mean property or treasure of the King of Spain, I felt that made more sense. Don't use the 20th century translation of the stones because it will suggest the Needle again and in this case which has been hunted enough to have found the LDM 50 yrs ago. <br> <br>Looks like you and I have interesting documentation on the map validity. I have found a source that places the maps in a Mexico church and a Mexican historian who saw the maps prior to being moved. "Two opinions do make a market..." <br> <br>We atleast we agree that it is time for a new wave of source research and less "story" book reading. Tom Glover is the only writer in the last 50 years or so that is really into the history of the LDM with open validation of his work. I hope his present work in the Superstitions is going to validate several areas and issues. <br> <br>azmula
count
Expert

Post by count »

Has anyone tried to decipher the Horse and Priest Maps? Any findings to share obscurity is expected and acceptable. You can speak in general terms, together we might make some headway!! <br> <br>azmula
count
Expert

Post by count »

For what this is worth: <br>A guy who works at the Mineral Resource Museum in downtown Phoenix (I'm not sure that's the exact name, but it's at 15th st and Adams) told me the original Stone Maps are stored there (the mineral museum), and that you have to pay something like $50 for them to trot the maps out so you can photograph them.
count
Expert

Post by count »

...I meant 15th Ave and Adams.