Fight Back !!!

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

Fight Back !!!

Post by count »

Greetings Folks, <br> <br>I read the postings about the situation at Charleyboy Spring with a great degree of dismay. Under the guise of "saving" a pristine wilderness area it seems to me that the bureacrats from the Forest Service and AZ Fish and Game <br>are putting into motion a chain of events that have the capability of denying the public access to not only water use (yes, I am, of course, aware of the current drought conditions and for the animals sake limited human contact with currently available water sources might not be such a bad thing), but to the very mountains themselves. <br> <br>The introduction of an "endangered species" such as the pupfish into Charlyboy may well be the first salvo in a battle designed to severly limit the use of the mountains for hiking, camping, cross country treks and what have you. <br> <br>Whats next? Introduction of an "endangered" rodent or bird that will make cross country travel punishable by fine or imprisonment? <br>Designated camping areas where one is allowed to camp and nowhere else? Limited access to the mountains? Impounding of vehicles if one does not follow the "rules"? Access to the mountains by permit only? <br> <br>California has closed large areas of its federal lands to the public, denying folks access to pristine wilderness areas. Are some "do-gooders" attempting the same in Arizona? <br> <br>If we..ALL OF US..do not respond to this situation NOW, then we have no one to blame but ourselves. I think some sort of email/phone call/letter writing campaign should begin to let people responsible for this know that "we the people" are not too happy about the current situation and fear what the current trend might bring in the near future. <br> <br>I have listed below various websites where one can find information about their elected representatives on both the Arizona State and National level. <br> <br>I believe JD Hayworth is the representative for the area the Superstitions lie in. <br> <br>Everyone viewing this website has a common bond...a love affair with a group of scraggly peaks, cliffs and mountains known as the Superstitions. We owe it to ourselves, our children and those who went before us to send a message to the bureacrats that a line has been drawn in the sand. <br> <br>Let freedom ring. <br> <br>Peter <br> <br>PS The list below is in no way complete. There might be other more effective ways to go about doing this that you folks can come up with. The more ideas on this subject the better. <br>So please, those more knowledgeable than I, wade into the fray ! <br> <br>National Level <br> <br>http://www.entheogen.com/emails.html#arizona <br> <br>Sen. Jon Kyl kyl.senate.gov <br>Sen. John McCain mccain.senate.gov <br>Rep. Jeff Flake Arizona, 1st district. <br>Rep. J. D. Hayworth Arizona, 6th district. <br>Rep. Jim Kolbe Arizona, 5th district. <br>Rep. Ed Pastor Arizona, 2nd district. <br>Rep. John Shadegg Arizona, 4th district. <br>Rep. Bob Stump Arizona, 3rd district. <br> <br>State Level <br> <br>http://www.arizonasenate.org/members.html <br> <br>Governor <br> <br>http://www.governor.state.az.us/post/index.cfm <br> <br>AZ Fish and Game <br> <br>http://www.gf.state.az.us/ <br> <br> Apparently the representatives only like to hear from constituents in their own districts, so you will have to make sure you contact your correct representative.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Right on, Peter! I have sent emails to the senators, representatives, and congressmen, and I hope everyone else does too.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Hiker, <br> <br>It might be helpful if you could cut and paste your emails to the various reps on the website. This will make it very simple for anyone wanting to email the reps..all they would have to do is cut and paste it into their own email and send it. Some of us might have good intentions, but not enough time to compose various emails to people. <br> <br>P
count
Expert

Post by count »

This is what I sent. Not great literature, but I didn't have much time. <br>---------------- <br> <br>I am greatly disturbed by the news that the Arizona Game and Fish Department <br>has begun closing the springs in the Superstition Wilderness to human <br>use. Signs have appeared prohibiting camping, campsites have been destroyed <br>that have been in use for over a hundred years, and now I understand an <br>endangered species of pup fish has been introduced into the water of Charlebois spring in order to give Game and Fish jurisdiction over Federal land and allow them to restrict access. I strongly object to these sorts of restrictions being imposed in public lands. What will be next,closure of the entire wilderness area? Why is the Forest Service allowing this? <br>Please do whatever is necessary to remove these restrictions and regulations right away. Thank you.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Thanks for the text. I just sent it to everyone on the list. Keep on fighting!
count
Expert

Post by count »

To let you know , Josh is my son and is way more literate on the computer, so at least we added our support. The biggest thing , Peter we all have to combat is apathy. That is more insidious than any of these new regulations. I too I'm guilty, for one only has so much time and energy to fight the hydra, if you get my drift. We are losing the battle on many fronts, but maybe we can stem the tide somewhat, and if the rest of you who enter this site feel as we do, and I would bet most do, register their protest, it may do some good. What I do know is these various agencies are deathly afraid of the senators. I've stated some experiences on this site before , where Mccain and Kyl had helped me a great deal. If it was not for these two ,the A&E documentary would never been made.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Howdy. <br> This past weekend I went to camp/hike at one of my favorite spots near the Massacre Grounds. Once I got there, I saw the unmistakable boxes of beekeepers! Maybe a hundred little white boxes swarming with bees, spread out over the roughly 100 foot "campfire clearing." <br> In addition to feeling robbed of my little sanctuary (I'd been coming to that spot probably 15 times a year for the past five years) several ideas popped into my head. Just the day before, I was reading on this forum what was going on at Charlebois, and made some quick mental connections when I saw those damned boxes, and was forced to take a crappy spot. <br> Anyone know if the government sublets the Superstitions to private enterpreneurs, or is this just another veiled attempt to keep people like us away? Consider this: I've never seen bee boxes here or anywhere else in the Supers at any time of year! <br> As concerned as you all are, <br> nico h
count
Expert

Post by count »

To all, <br>I apologize for the poor quality of my submitted text, and I hope anyone cutting and pasting will improve it a little. I realized how lame it sounds that I "was in a hurry" on something so important, when I seem to have time to write these postings.