Photos?

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

Photos?

Post by count »

Has anyone thought about adding a Photograph section to this website? I often find myself digging through my collection of pictures after reading people's postings. Also using the hikearizona.com web site to look at their photos of hikes through the Superstitions. I'm sure there's lots of people out there with many interesting pictures. <br> <br>As an example, there's a great panoramic shot on the hikearizona.com site, for the Massacre Falls hike: <br> <br>http://www.hikearizona.com/photocode.ph ... re%20Falls <br> <br>(if this link doesn't work, go to hikearizona.com, click on "M" in the index at the top, then Massacre Falls, and the collection of photos posted by Joe on 3/17/2001. You may need to register as a user to get to it) <br> <br>At the bottom of this collection of photos is a long panarama stitched together from photos taken from the Massacre Ramp (I think). You can scroll completely around 360 degrees. I mention this one because it shows some features that were discussed here in earlier postings: stone chiefs, massacre ramp, etc. I think it shows an interesting example of what could be done on this site. It would be a great addition when people are describing certain areas of the mountains. <br> <br>Of course the drawback is that I would guess it would slow down the servers on this site considerably. Might need extra storage space to accomodate photos. Maybe the webmaster at HikeArizona would know more about this.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Thx for your input se&ntilde;or x. Your suggestion will be incorporated into the site in the not too distant future. <br> <br>I have also been thinking about changing the bulletin board code to one with more features, similar to the hikerarizona board. Possible drawbacks are loss of all existing postings and everyone may need to register with the new board to post. What are everyone's thoughts on this? <br> <br>It would be nice to see more people submit articles to the homepage through the "Add Your Own Article" link. You can include photos with these articles. <br> <br>Everyone is welcome to give their suggestions on what they would like to see on this site and how it could be improved to better serve the LDM community.