Treasure Program on Discovery or TLC

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

Treasure Program on Discovery or TLC

Post by count »

There was an interesting television program or special on a year or so ago that was either on Discovery or TLC. I cannot remember which. It might have been two individual two hours episodes or something like that. But it's subject was gold and treasure. The program had stories such as the Star of India, the Hope Diamond, etc. It also had a fairly interesting little segment about the LDM. <br> <br>Does anyone remember the name of the program? I think if one knew that, one could find it at TLC or Discovery. They probably sell the video of the special. But, without a name to start with, I have been unsuccesful in finding it myself.
count
Expert

Post by count »

I believe the series you refer to was the 4 part series titled "Gold" that ran on the A&E network about a year ago. <br>It was an excellent series as I remember and told the story of the search for gold from Bible times to the present. Just as you say, it had great segments on treasure, and a piece about the "Lost Dutchman Mine" in which Tom Kollenborn appeared.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Thanks. So, it was A&E and not Discovery.... Ahh.... <br> <br>Searching the A&E/History Channel On-Line Video Store under the title "Gold!" I found it. <br> <br>In case anyone else is interested, here it is: <br> <br>https://adhostnt.adhost.com/amr1/mercha ... 499&step=4 <br> <br>As LDM indicated, it is a 4 video set - 200 minutes total running time. Cost is $39.99 <br> <br>Thanks much.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Actually the program aired on TLC. I think it came out last June. I happen to be in it , so I remember. Glad you tracked it down.
count
Expert

Post by count »

That's what I thought. But, I couldn't confirm anything until someone came up with the title. A&E's on-line video store has it. But, TLC, A&E, Discovery, History Channel, etc. are probably all affliated and sell the same group of programs - all sharing resources with one another. <br> <br>BTW... The A&E "Treasure" program on the LDM is excellent. But, everyone probably has that, as it is so popular. The museum sells it as well as other sources. But, if a person doesn't have that one, get it! I highly recommend it. Ron, Tom Kollenborn, Bob Corbin, Clay Worst, and Jim Hatt are all in it. It has to be the best program ever put together about the LDM. Ever.
count
Expert

Post by count »

I believe this may be the tape you are looking for. <br> <br>azmula <br> <br>Burton Barr Central Library FLOOR1 04/18/02 Video 398.365G563 v. 1-4