Bob Ward and the Gold Crosses of Maria Jones

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

Bob Ward and the Gold Crosses of Maria Jones

Post by count »

Thought I'd post a topic of discussion to see if anyone had comments or opinions. Bob Ward's book is interesting to say the least. Many claims he makes I find hard to swallow. But, I give everyone the right to state their case. At times he is very lucid - at others I cannot tell what point he is trying to make. <br> <br>However, his book has an interesting little incident he recounts dealing with Maria Jones. Supposedly Maria and Louie need Bob's help to pack a mysterious canvas sack up to a seculded spot in the mountains. When they got to their destination, Maria and Louie went off and did their business while Bob was to wait. He was curious. So, he sort of spied on them. Supposedly he saw that the bag was filled with gold crosses and they were burying them.... <br> <br>Now, what does everyone make of that? First... If true, where did they get the crosses? Secondly, if they had them, why were they burying them? I often though that if this was true - and Bob saw them burying crosses - maybe he was just mistaken. Maybe they were made of bronze and he thought they were gold. But still... why would they bury them? <br> <br>I wonder if anyone has anything to add to this interesting little tale.