Trust and Betrayal

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

Trust and Betrayal

Post by count »

This is a continuation of my reply to Senor X, thought I'd start a new topic on a touchy subject. <br> <br>These are my own personal observations on the nature of Dutch Hunters in general. <br> <br>The trust and betrayal discourse seems to me to run like an underlying electric current throughout the entire LDM saga. <br>Did Waltz murder his partner (nephew)? <br>Did Bark trust Ely? Did Tex Barkley tell everything he knew to Walt Gassler and not his own son? Who did Brownie Holmes trust? <br> <br>When it comes to untold riches and hidden treasure who can really trust another? The human condition I think is rife with conflict of trust and betrayal. And of course, this is evident in all walks of life, not just Dutch Hunting. <br> <br>Still, I have personally observed "falling outs" between long time partners, and good, decent men betrayed by those who they thought were their friends. Gold , I think, has a strong allure and can easily corrupt any of us. <br> <br>Anyway, my apologies for philosophizing...must be bored here at work today..lol