New subject

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

New subject

Post by count »

OK, we seem to be in a lull... so I'll risk everyone's ridicule and ask if anyone has ever seen a UFO in the Superstitions. I myself have never had any kind of UFO experience, and I'm not particularly a believer in them. But I know several sane, honest people who swear that they have had such experiences, and I try to keep an open mind about everything. There have been several published accounts of these experiences. I think Tom Kollenborn quotes an old cowboy on the subject in (I think) "Circlestone". <br> <br>Respond anonymously if you like. I'm afraid I have nothing more to offer on the subject, but if anyone here has anything they'd like to share...? <br> <br>And please, no BS postings!
count
Expert

Post by count »

I don't know what is worse. Jack Waltz and his dating habits or UFO's in the mountains. Let's flip a coin. Maybe Ron should create a second forum for jokers and those who are disbelievers.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Sorry you feel that way, it was not meant to be a joke question. If no one has any input into this, great. It was just a topic. Like I said, I've never seen one, but people I know who I will swear are not liars say they have (although not in the Superstitions). <br> <br>Anyway, sorry if I offended anyone's sensibilities.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Hi Hiker, <br> <br>I knew you would take some flack on that one! <br> <br>While I dont think aliens are visiting the mountains (except perhaps for the AZ Wildlife and Game pukes), I do beleive that certain sections of the mountains have "power". Certain Amerindian groups beleived this to be true in the past..and some still beleive that today, holding certain sections of the mountains sacred. <br> <br>Does this "power" have anything to do with attracting "UFOs"? Well like I said , I do not think they are alien. But certain sacred places around the world and places of "power" do seem to attract some sort phenomena that cant be explained by our present science. <br> <br>Guess I better cut this short before folks start calling me dirty names. lol
count
Expert

Post by count »

Thank you Peter, I knew I would too. But I thought it was worth the risk if I could get someone to open up where they might not have otherwise. I guess no one else has seen anything like that either. <br>"Power spots" are a very interesting subject. You can always tell when you're at one. I have no idea what it all means, but there's definitely something to it. Anyone who has never felt it is either lying or wasn't paying attention. <br>I usually find out after having found a place like that, that the Indians knew about it long ago. As a result, the Indian spiritual beliefs have a lot of credibility with me. Mt. Baldy in SE Arizona is good example. I didn't know it was sacred ground until I had already been there and felt the strange vibe of the place. I can only think of one such place in the Superstitions, but I'm sure there are more. <br>I hope this doesn't all sound blitheringly metaphysical or "new age", I have no interest in either of those topics. But the Superstitions are a strange place. There is much, much more there than gold and beautiful scenery.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Amerindian spiritual beliefs relating to the Superstitions have always been a <br>keen interest of mine. Some folks pooh-pooh the idea that present day Apache have ties to the Superstitions or a semi-regular presence there. I know better. You wont see them as they generally keep out of sight and travel at night, but they are there. <br> <br>You are absolutely correct when you say there is more to the mountains other than hidden wealth and nice scenery. There is an underlying dynamic, a "power" vested in certain areas there that we can not explain away with science. <br> <br>What drew them there in the past and draws them now? The "power" of the place...whatever that entails. That and ties to certain areas because of ritual practice and their relationship with their ancestors.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Well , let me add my two cents. I have traveled alot of the world , have lived several places , and have visited other such places of supposed 'power'. I have also lived under the shadow of the Superstitions for 34 years, hunting the mine and taking others into this mountain. I can tell you that no other place has the draw or 'power of this place. I would live no where else than here. We may all think we're out there to find the mine , but truly for me and I know many of you, the mine gives us the excuse to be in this special and very spiritual place.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Well said Ron. <br> <br>As a hiker, I've tromped all over the state, and indeed the country. But I never feel "at home" like I do when I'm in the Supes. Beyond that, although I love trees and green as much as the next guy, the stark, extreme terrain of the western Supes has a special attraction for me. <br> <br>Before I fell in love with those mountains I always had some degree of regret about living here, now I consider myself very fortunate to have this fantastical place right out my back door!