Maybe you guys could help?

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

Maybe you guys could help?

Post by count »

I'm trying to track down the brief history behind the naming of a few Superstition locations. Right now I'm trying to find out what's behind the naming of Rogers, Randolph, and Spencer Spring Canyons. (I know Rogers had a mill and trough, but don't know who he was. Know Randolph is also a mining district, but not who he was either.) <br> <br>Locations?: I'm probably blind, but can't find Fraser Mountain on any maps? Where was Martin Ranch in relation to JF? <br> <br>Also, where do you guys suggest looking for some of Stewart's Core Works that are not available through SMHS. Do you use Amazon, eBay, etc.? An example would be Blair and Gentry, both which I read from library, but would like for my fledgling collection. <br> <br>Thanks.
count
Expert

Post by count »

I've found almost all of them at: <br> <br>www.bookfinder.com <br> <br>But if you have Carlson/Stewart and Glover, you have the cream of the crop.
count
Expert

Post by count »

You could also try Powells bookstore at Powells.com. They have a large section on Western Americana. Not a lot of Dutchman books in stock. But on their website, you can set it up so they email you a notice when they get the book in stock that you are looking for. <br> <br>I used this to track down a copy of Thunder God's Gold and the version of Gentry's book with the epilogue at the end.
count
Expert

Post by count »

You know, try the Phoenix Library web site catalog at: <br>http://pac.lib.ci.phoenix.az.us/web/warning3.html <br>and the Arizona State Archives at: <br>http://www.lib.az.us/ <br>They also have the Dutch Savage epics, <br>the John Dahlmann book, and a few other ones that you'll probably never find otherwise (at least I never have). You can't check them out, but you can copy passages (long passages) to read at home. <br>This is perfectly legal, in case you're worried: there's a note at the archives that says you can copy to your heart's content as long as it's for your own personal research, etc. Copies are better than nothing, and at least you can read them while waiting for the originals to appear.
count
Expert

Post by count »

To get out of print books, try the following. <br> <br>www.alibris.com <br> <br>www.abebooks.com <br> <br>and ebay.... <br> <br>www.ebay.com