Yellow Jackets

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Das Dance

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

You are not running for president here, is there some reason why you danced around my questions? :)

Joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

:lol: :lol:

Just helping you find the answer :)

I don't know exactly where it is because I don't know exactly where the "other" is, so I can't really answer your question. I was also talking to E, in a round about way.

As for your other question, as to why it disappeared over the horizon, well I believe that answer is pretty self explanatory.

:lol:
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Other?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

My question concerned the "artifacts" and I will assume you don't know where they are now.

The reason the "story" has disappeared, is because no archaeologist, of consequence, would defend it.

While Covey's book/story is interesting, it reminds me of the work of Joseph Smith.

I suppose the real question is: Why is it being dredeged up on this Forum? Is there another book in the works?

All of Late's "locations" are well known, and none of them lead to "Calalus" or the "other".....whatever that is.

This has really been a grand fairytale.

Joe
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Back in the late eighties a friend took me to a cave he found that had some mysterious inscriptions in it. I was pretty excited and took a camera and followed up to an entry that was about 3 foot squared. We got in and after about a dozen yards of squeezing through this weird little tunnel it opened up into a nice size area where you could almost stand up. the floor was very rough and it seemed then like a natural occurence rather than a man made tunnel of sorts. On one wall there was what appeared to be drawings of a ship and stick figures with a strange language randomly etched around them. I was puzzled since they obviously were different then normal glyphs I had seen before.

Then the pattern of the language fell into place......" I see a Dark sail on the horizon...."

Some one had copied the runes from Jethro Tulls " Broadsword and the Beast" LP sleeve on the walls. Pretty amazing thing to do and likely a hundred years from now it will be proof that some ancient europeans visited Arizona.

It has little to do with this and everything.....

I was really excited before reality came crashing down.
eldorado
Part Timer

When you wish upon a star

Post by eldorado »

Gentlemen,

Randy,

This too will pass. The truth is now known whether it is believed or not is of no consequence. In the Spring we will return.

Mr. Zentull,

What is truly remarkable about our world is not that people expect too much it is because they accept so little. Is it so hard to believe something so remarkable could be true. There are things in The Superstitions that I am sure that many have come across but have simply walked by and simply put out of their minds.

The folks of Calalus were well star gazers for the lack of a better word. In the Superstitions there are sites that put to shame modern astronomy for their precision and accuracy. Why are they there. Is it just chance or do they point to something in the past that is not only beautiful but remarkable also?

Years ago you walked right by the gate to the sacred. Not sure what distracted you that day. But I suspect in your soul if you made that trek again you would be led into it.

P.S. The Mormons are just as messed up as everyone else.

Mr. Ribaudo,

If you mean the artifacts from the Tucson area I suspect they are either with a family in California or perhaps somewhere at Wake Forest University. You know Wake Forest, a major university in the South.

As far as the remaining artifacts in the Superstitions they have never been disturbed. There are criminals in those mountains but we stay clear of them.

Your point about the grand fairy tail is interesting. You see that is exactly what the legend of the LDM is. A fairy tail that was purposely sown by multi-generations to protect the sacred. Even Mr. Holmes played a part, a little gold and a little cash went a long way in those days. Multiple clues to different mines was a wonderful idea don`t you think?

Without the other the legend of the LDM would not even exist. And without that fairy tale someone may have stumbled into the Canyon of the Souls.

That legend is for the lack of better words a wonderful illusion. Hope you enjoy it a lot of work went into it.

You were offered two opportunites to visit the other side of the Matrix and you chose to stay in your illusions. At the end of the day I personally respect you for that. The illusion of the LDM is grand, why not stay there.
It will lead to nothing but so what the journey is quite the adventure.

The only danger we ever really faced was whether or not someone found the other maps. But that seems highly unlikely now. Of course a fellow named what do you call him Azumula spends a lot of time up here but he is lost also. He has good information, it is just that things have been rearranged.

Well I need some sleep. To much wine, women and cards. Damn I thought the Bears would win. Oh well being from the South I still call the Civil War the war of Northern Agression. Speaking of that did you know that the two soldiers were really confederates? Ah the irony.

E.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Northern Aggression?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

E,

You are mistaken about the two soldiers. They were Union. Two brothers, last name......Ludi.

As for the rest of your ramblings, I see no harm in your game and wish you well. The Superstitions can do strange things to folks.

It's more than possible that the LDM is real and you are the illusion.

Joe
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

E,

I believe Joe made the Joseph Smith comment, my brother in law is Mormon. He was messed up before he converted. His wife has always been messed up. Hope it see's them through to whatever they are looking for.

Fun thing those mountains, only place everyone is looking to go is where someone has been before.

Does the whole Calalus thing have anything to do with the Marble canyon cave and such......

My son is having a hard time understanding the 2 Jacks, hooded crows and Old Man. Too much cultural diversity for a 6 year old. The whole Calalus thing would probably put him straight to therapy. Everyone should keep to the truths that they feel comfortable with.
eldorado
Part Timer

illusions

Post by eldorado »

Mr. Zentull,

I stand corrected. No negative inference should be made regarding my Mormon comment. I know a number of Mormons and to the man and woman they are fine folks. Know a bishop in the church. He has tried to convert me for years. Seems like a good enough illusion. They seem to make it work.

Since I do not know about the Marble Canyon Cave I really can`t comment on its relationship, if any to Calalus. Perhaps you would care to share?

Have to agree with you about the Jake. Too much too soon for your son is probably not a good thing. Sorta like talking to some other people I know.

Speaking of the Jake he really did quite the number on Mr. Holmes. You know Jake never really liked Holmes. Jake was a pretty good judge of character. A nice little fable at life`s end, and gold under the bed. He knew Holmes would fall for it hook, line, and sinker. One might consider Holmes the first but not the last beached whale.

Mr. Ribaudo,

You maybe right about the two soldiers. Barry Storm(Gatekeeper and illusionist) created such a wonderful story it is hard really to keep anything straight. Seems Barry moved that story from where it all happened to the Weaver`s Needle area. Nah they were Confederates.

You are right about the mountains Joe. It does do funny things to people`s heads. Deputy Dawg, The Saint, and Mr. Ruth all lost their brains there. Just in different ways.

Take Care of yourself Joe and I wish all of your dreams be good ones.

This will be our last post. Sure that will be appreciated. The history is complete now and who knows in a 100 years.

Now where did I put that young woman.

E.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Be well my friend :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I am sure someone knows far more than I do about the Marble canyon cave. What I know is there was a cave discovered in Marble canyon that has a bunch of supposedly Eygyptian stuff or something similar in it. Could be Chinese? Anyhow, the area is where the Hopi and Navajo claim they came up from the earth originally. There were photographs, again supposedly, but I have never seen anything of them outside of their mention. There has to be some mention on one of those new age sites somewhere.

Have fun Mr Eldorado. Always been a pleasure, whether I understood or not.
eldorado
Part Timer

The end

Post by eldorado »

One last Curtain Call,

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the kind words. Late`s son and I both appreciate your thoughts.

Be careful. the closer you come to the truth in the Superstitions the more likely the locals will want to eat you, the dreamweavers will try to seduce you, the apache`s will try to scalp you and the forest service will turn you over to the IRS. Of course the Orks and evil doers will follow you everywhere.

Hi Zentull,

I suspect you have understood far more than I can imagine.

Fascinating about the Marble Canyon Cave. I really am not at all surprised by that. Cultural diffusion is a powerful tool in understanding the american scene before Columbus.

Really believe there is a wealth of information regarding Calalus on the internet. A lot of hard scientific work has gone into the studies. In fact if you go back and look at a lot of Americaindian language and history there are words and references to things that are simply not explainable without accepting the possiblity that a lot more was going on before Columbus than is generally understood.

The other is a different matter. The reason that so much has been done by so many is that for a lack of better words the place is holy, and is not to be tampered with by folks who would disturb the spirits of the dead.

This is what Gassler, Storm, Bark, Ely, and yes Jacob understood. Take all the other fruit in the garden but leave this tree alone.

Maybe we should just take you there.

Oh I did find the young woman. Man the lies she told me. But who cares.

Take Care,

E.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Misplaced Your "Young Woman"?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

E,

"Now where did I put that young woman."

Perhaps she fell through the "Gate" and is now flailing about in the "Other". That's the kind of thing that happens when all of the "Gatekeepers" are busy....elsewhere. :roll:

Take care,

Joe
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Calalus

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

These kind of stories/hoaxes have been around for a long time. I must admit that the Superstition angle shows great imagination.

E,

"If you mean the artifacts from the Tucson area I suspect they are either with a family in California or perhaps somewhere at Wake Forest University. You know Wake Forest, a major university in the South."

I am aware of "Wake Forest" and know the part they played in this story.
They do not have the "artifacts".

Thomas Bent Jr. donated them to the Arizona Historical Society in Tucson, around 1994. They are kept in the basement. He had been keeping them in his home. In 1975, when Covey wrote his book, it seems unlikely that he did not know their location. On page 122 he writes: "Tom Jr. has placed the artifacts in security....." (His house)

Anyone who is going to be a "seer" and "gatekeeper" for direct connections to Calalus, should at least know what became of the "artifacts"....Thus my question to you.

This hoax did nothing to enhance the fine reputation of Dr. Cummings.
While there is no question that the "artifacts" are not authentic, the question of who created them remains a mystery to this day, as far as I know.

Floating stories, such as yours, in the semi-public arena, is usually a precursor for the publication of a new book. Is that what is going on here???

Good idea!

Joe Ribaudo
eldorado
Part Timer

Calalus

Post by eldorado »

Mr. Ribaudo,

I thought there was hope for you when your mind moved to the women of the other. Never really occurred to me. Sounds a bit kinky but whatever turns you on.

Really Joe we are out of here. We are yesterday`s news. All I need do now is track down Klondike. He wanted to beach one more whale. Not Mr. Feldman. We have upmost respect for that gentleman. He puts up with a lot.

Really find him to be a fine man. It is shame that more folks in Arizona are not like him.

I tried to tell klondike that just because he has assay reports on all the ore samples and the holes they came from in and outside of the Superstitions that that is no reason to post them here.

Just makes the dreamweavers squirm a bit. Who cares.

As far as the artifacts in Tucson go like I said before when you called us criminals there are only so many clues we can get to. We all have a life besides this enterprise. Anyway anyone connecting them to the discussions on the other that have been posted here for the last 18 months seemed unlikely.

Speaking of that why would you post on this site at 1 am. Man there are other things to do at that time of the night.

I am sure Mr. Bent is a fine man and why you drug him into all of this is beyound me.

Book Joe. Nah, we figured a multi-million dollar movie starring Brad Pitt, George Cloony and appropriate women.

Oh one more thing. Remember the oil base material that was found on those artifacts. At one time the same substance was found under the heart. How about that. What could it mean?

Now have a great life and stay safe.

E.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Late Nights

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

E,

If you are going to quote me, please be accurate.

"As far as the artifacts in Tucson go like I said before when you called us criminals there are only so many clues we can get to."

I did not call anyone a criminal. If you take the time to look back in this thread, you will find I was talking about the "idea" of what you claimed to be doing. I would think, considering the legal connection, that you would know the difference.

The same thing that keeps me from going into the Superstitions, keeps me up late at night. It's something I have lived with for a number of years now, and I am trying to keep the drugs and spine operations at bay, as long as possible.

A number of friends have asked me to go into the mountains with them.
You have no idea how hard it is for me to decline.

Joe
eldorado
Part Timer

late nights

Post by eldorado »

Mr. Ribaudo,

Please accept my sincere apologizes. We have nothing but the deepest respect for you and your efforts in the Superstitions.

I find it amazing that more kind words are not sent your way for your work on the maps, the LDM, etc., I know how difficult those mountains can be.

And unlike a lot of folks that have posted here you have always keep your dignity and generally treated others with respect. I know how much Late thought of you and how much he regretted things working out the way they did.

May God bless you and keep you safe.

E.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Apologies

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

E,

There was no need to apologize, as you were only speaking your thoughts. I do the same thing all the time. That give and take is appreciated, at least by me.

As long as the attacks are focused on the "facts" being presented, as opposed to the person presenting those facts, I see no offense.

I enjoyed my brief contacts with Late, even the brusque ones.

Nzhogo nandago,

Joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

You guys gonna kiss and make up?

:lol:

(kidding, don't kick me off a cliff...)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
eldorado
Part Timer

Epilogue

Post by eldorado »

Oz, The Rabbit Hole, and The Lady, One would have thought. Oh well it isn`t importent.

Gentlemen,

Spring is here and it is really beautiful. Agree?

Oz is safe and only a fool could stumble in. Several are in the hunt. That being said stranger things have happened. Would be quite the fireworks show.

As Late aptly put it there is another history of the Superstitions that goes North not South. Martin and his son went to the Comstock. The map room in the other led folks to a site on the Colorado River and another in southern Utah. Joe Deering sought and failed to find the site on the Colorado River. Ely succeeded.

Of course having a job in Boulder City helped a lot. Very close actually to where he looked. Eldorado Canyon. Quite funny don`t you think?

The site in southern Utah is a whole different matter. That chamber holds something of great importance. Why it was importent to the citizens of Calalus we can only guess. We do know whatever it is is far older than their city and came from the Middle East. Why not simply hide it in the other?

A lot of questions but no answers.

But tomorrow is another day.

Kiss and make up. Nah, believe he supported the war of northern aggression.

E.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Eldorado Canyon

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Eldorado,

Your story is pretty interesting, about Sims Ely prospecting Eldorado Canyon. Considering how he "micro-managed" Boulder City, one wonders how he found the time.

In 1931, when Ely took the job up there, he was 69 years old. In that year, the "discovery" of gold and silver in the canyon was 72 years old.
That happened in 1859, and by 1860 there were 500 men working the canyon.

Seems like Ely came to the dance a little late, both in age and in the chance to make a "new" discovery.

Do you have a source for his prospecting activities after he arrived in Nevada? Without a source, it will remain an interesting story for most.

Joe Ribaudo
eldorado
Part Timer

Sims Ely and Eldorado Canyon

Post by eldorado »

Hello Mr. Ribaudo,

Actually you will find that Gold and Silver were discovered in Eldorado Canyon a lot earlier than that. The Spanish were in and out of there for years and before them there were others. Not sure if the Spanish actually found Gold there. May have been they only found silver. The mind and a mine is a terrible thing to lose, just ask Mr. Ruth.

There is a famous mine in there call the Techatticup. Interesting history. You may want to check back to the original owners. You may notice a name that will probably upset an associate of mind. He doesn`t like a lot of publicity.

Mr. Ely, good point. Mr. Ely was not really prospecting as such. He and several other folks were looking for the chamber that had been indicated in the map room. There was a lot of concern that if the wrong people found that chamber it might lead them to the other. Ely`s concern was well founded, it would have.

Always felt one of the ironies of the trail maps is that when the Mexicans transposed many of the symbols from the other, the map room, they placed things in the Superstitions that were not there to begin with. For example one of the triangle symbols actually triangulates the other, the site in Eldorado Canyon and the site in Southern Utah.

We have been after the Southern Utah site for a long time. Really we can`t quite figure it out. Oh well.

By the way did you see the pictures that Klondike posted here over last weekend. Good thing I talked him into getting them off. Who knows the Black legion and the Feds might be in Oz right now.

As far as sources for Ely`s activities in Eldorado Canyon feel free to use me. I will be happy to vouch for him.

E.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

That's funny, I found that canyon on a map recently researching Fire Mountain, and I thought of you when I saw it. I had no idea how important it is, but I have to make a trip. Late had mentioned this place before...

Still gotta get that book under the right light..

Shame I missed Klondikes pictures.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

OZ

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

I don't see how you missed much, as the only picture of real interest
(to me) was "OZ". If you like I will repost that picture tomorrow. :D

The moving finger, or in this case......picture.......

Joe
eldorado
Part Timer

Oz, the rabbit hole, and the lady

Post by eldorado »

Hi Randy,

Good to hear from you. Hope you enjoy the book. Who knows what may appear in it.

Understand you and dog have been in contact. Dog is a good person. Been with us a long time. He is really good at beaching whales.

Hope to see you soon. Have to get some folks together.

Actually the lady picture is the best of the lot. Holes in the ground are just holes in the ground. Beutiful women that is an entirely different thing. Good to see Joe captured Oz 2.

Know he wasn`t alone. A whole bunch of Orks have scurried out of Mordar and are on the prowl. Needless to say Oz is safe. Not enough marbles in the whole bunch to find Gold in Fort Knox.

Women are so well nice.

E.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Games

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

"A whole bunch of Orks have scurried out of Mordar and are on the prowl."

Looks like you are batting a thousand here. Last time the conversation took this "youthful" turn, it was a playful exchange between.....Peter and Wiz. :lol:

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Take care,

Joe