Yellow Jackets

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
klondike
Part Timer

Oz

Post by klondike »

"You can lead them to water but you cannot make them drink"

Late 49er

The last defenders of Oz retreated to the Salt River after covering up the other, and hiding the last remnants of their people.

Through a tunnel system from the bowels of Coronado Mesa to the shoreline of the Salt the battle raged. There was no hope for victory only the long march to exact a price and provide time for the few.

Two descendants of those Gatekeepers visited Waltzer as he lay dying. Bark visited the family in New York. All bankers. Another descendant gave Coronado Mesa its name.

A ship was burned and sank in the Salt to prevent those who understood nothing from entering. Within its hull are texts and artifacts that go back over a 1000 years, most are still there.

You see the Toltecs were led to the Salt but were not allowed to drink of the wisdom or possess the wealth that lay within her hull. They simply were not ready for it.

Instead their history has spoken of these events and those they left in the mountains to find Oz. Those histories are still there for those who can see.

Late was never speaking of the LDM, he spoke of the power and wisdom of the past. A past that now lies beneath the waters of the Salt.

A few, the young and women escaped to outposts on the Colorado River and Southern Utah. From there the rest is history.

The LDM was always a necessary distraction.

Those of you searching for Oz will find it. Cherish what you discover.

Klondike :D
Cubfan64
Expert

Hello Klondike

Post by Cubfan64 »

From the little I've seen so far of the area around Coronado Mesa, it's truly an awe-inspiring spot in the mountains.

Despite common sense telling me I'm wrong, wandering off trail back in there one can't help but have the sense of treading on ground that has never felt human contact - the feeling is really impossible to describe with words.

Looking forward to this October again and starting to put together a list of places I want to visit.

Best to you
klondike
Part Timer

The Mesa

Post by klondike »

Hello Paul,

Having met you I can understand how you feel about the area. It speaks to you.

Understand you have a ticket to cash before November 08.

You will be in good hands. The oldest living gatekeeper is also the most judicious.

:D

Klondike
klondike
Part Timer

The Cavern

Post by klondike »

Hello Paul,

He is also the slowest and the least able to handle the trek in the caverns and tunnels.

Keep and eye on him.

Klondike
djui5
Expert

Re: The Mesa

Post by djui5 »

klondike wrote: Understand you have a ticket to cash before November 08.

Klondike
Little past due then isn't he? :lol:

I hope you are doing well Klondike.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
klondike
Part Timer

N-8-P

Post by klondike »

Hello Randy,

Good Catch. I should have said Nov 8, 2009.

Believe that is when your ticket expires also.

Christians believe the way to God lies through the Cross. The Cross is also the way to Oz.

A different Cross with different meanings but they both point to the mystery.

Coronado Mesa was once called Cross Mesa, wonder why?

Perhaps it is because what was left on the top.

Klondike
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Cool, I'll see about making a trip up there again. I've found one cross but am not sure if it's the cross you are referring to :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
klondike
Part Timer

The Cross

Post by klondike »

Hello Randy,

The Cross I am referencing is carved in stone and is of a very old appearance. Think of the Latin Heart.

The symbols that surround it date back let us say a long, very long time.

The other cross you mention is interesting. Can`t Say I really understand what that is all about.

If it is the one I am thinking about it can be rather impressive looking up at it from down under.

The cross of Calalus is rather non descript and one would not even know it is there. Once it is noticed it is rather hard to ever forget. There are still faint stains that can be made out.

It represents the Alpha and Omega, and other things. Many men died near that spot. A starburst is very close by and easily identified.

Klondike
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

put a few new pics up in my albums...OZ and Ozzy for Klondike and some stone structures as well.
Regards:Somehiker
djui5
Expert

Re: The Cross

Post by djui5 »

klondike wrote:A starburst is very close by and easily identified.

Klondike
The starburst is what I seek :)

I'll make a trip this fall to tink around. Who knows, maybe I'll stumble upon something.

Tell everyone I said hello. Glad this summer heat is almost over. 8O

Somehiker,
I believe that cross in your picture is the same one I was referring to.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Huh?

You got me pretty confused Randy.

Or is this one of those shut up moments!!!!!!!!
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
klondike
Part Timer

Oz

Post by klondike »

Somehiker,

Thanks for posting the pictures, I think they are quite informative.

I have always enjoyed your pictures and reading of your exploits in the Superstitions.

One might surmise that you have indeed walked in the shoes of Coronado.

The Oz Complex does exist under Coronado Mesa. The Canyon of the Souls is close by and the Other, while sealed, can be found with little efforts. It`s contents are intact.

The Other is a roadmap to sites in the Superstitisn. The most importent being Circlestone and several observatories not mentioned in the public domain.

Your comments regarding Easter Island are fascinating.

Of course there is the gold. Epithermal deposits associated with an unknown Caldera Complex, rich in iron and other metals.

Have a good day.

Klondike
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

Hi Klondike:
Thanks for the kind words. Right about now I'm thinking "would the entrance to your OTHER require passage on hand and knee once re-opened?"and"do any of the rooms in your tunnel complex feature a window overlooking the canyon below.One of my picks features that view,and one of Randy's features the window.To say more at this point would be to say to much.
BTW--"Ozzie" is facing the rising sun but I don't think that he is anything more than a product of the elements.The nails in the rock outcrop and the large cairn in that particular location must be part of a larger story,though.

Regards:SH
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

zentull wrote:Huh?

You got me pretty confused Randy.

Or is this one of those shut up moments!!!!!!!!
Confused about what? The cross or the starburst?

I'm gonna read your Bilbery stuff soon. It looks really interesting.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
klondike
Part Timer

Crosses

Post by klondike »

Hello Randy,

I could not help to be fascinated by the comments regarding the Bilbery Crosses.

Several things you folks may want to consider. One of the crosses has a carving of a mountain that appears to be a hat with a central point noted.

This same carving appears in a photograph of the interior of a mine that was posted either on this site or the other LDM discussion board.

Both carvings refer to a commen location in the Superstitions.

Also it would be interesting to do an assay on a cross to determine its composition. I suspect it was made from a alloy of copper and a small bit of gold.

This would tell you a great deal about where the crosses were made and the source of their metal.

Klondike
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

klondike:
Untitled album,pic 13.
A hat maybe?
I woulda included the "omega",but that would be giving it away.
klondike
Part Timer

Oz

Post by klondike »

Hello Somehiker,

As you probably suspect events will soon pass all of us.

I know that Coronado Mesa and the Salt River will never be the same.

In the interim I would like to ask you a question.

The human heart was always the most important thing in understanding events in the Superstitions and the things that were done to preserve the sacred.

Now that the bees are gone do you believe the new tenants will preserve the gift that is being given to them or will it simply be destroyed?

Our heritage is safe. Your heritage is up for grabs. Hopefully it will be cherished better than the amerindians culture was.

I wish you well.

One final point. Within the other is a library and maps that will rewrite history. Care for them. It is our final gift to you.

Klondike
djui5
Expert

Re: Crosses

Post by djui5 »

klondike wrote: Also it would be interesting to do an assay on a cross to determine its composition. I suspect it was made from a alloy of copper and a small bit of gold.
Klondike
On a Bilbery Cross?
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
klondike
Part Timer

Crosses

Post by klondike »

Hello Randy,

Yes.

Whoever created the cross was aware of a portion of the Oz complex. They identified the source of the metal with their hat carving.

Klondike
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

This just keeps getting more and more interesting to me :)

Somehiker - I saw your recent photos, kinda neat to have a snake named after me :P. I'm still a bit embarassed by the length of tree branch I gave you to play with him, but hey, I chalk it up to bein' a Midwesterner at heart - I ain't ready to play with rattlesnakes up close yet - hehe.

The photos you added of the distinct carvings (the ones that have an Aztec look to them) - are those from a local museum or ?

You planning on coming out this fall again?
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

Hey Cub,it's ok,don't be embarassed that it was the shorter stick that you gave me to prod that fella with.Everone has a reason,or should I say 'motive'--:) It's good to be able to prod a little bit of discourse on the site.I've been away for awhile and occupied with other stuff.I'm not sure what my scedule and finances are gonna look like this October,but I would certainly like to attend.I know that I'll be off for at least a week at Christmas though.
No,the carvings are not local nor have they found their way to a museum,yet.Who knows!!For now,though,the only photos that exist reside on my laptop hard drive amongst those that I shot last October ,immediately following those of our climb.
In the odds album there is a photo with the same "strata" as the slab.I have a photo of the rear face as well,which is more of a buff in colour.Nothing much on that side,but for those that have seen the real stone maps..(I have not),or the stone crosses..(again,I have not),it might match the composition of some of that stuff.If you look at the edge,you might notice the dark sand embedded in the layers as well.(Now Randy's really gonna get pumped ;)....).
I will have a bit of time this weekend to post a bit more...

Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

Just took a gander at the Bilbry thread.I had read something some time ago about his crosses,but hadn't paid enough attention I guess.J---C---,maybe I oughta talk to this guy some day.I didn't know that their surface was so smooth or that they featured the markings visible in the photos.This weekend may turn out to be something more than a couple of days spent replacing some old flooring.

Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

Klondike:
Time marches on,and always brings change,but I have no belief in anything of a cataclismic nature that may soon overtake us.I do worry a bit,though,about the possibility that politics will play a greater part in furthering restrictions on our freedom of access.The sign near the gate at the north end of Coronado Mesa is one such example of what I mean.This possibility,unfortunately,is foremost on my mind when posting.
I'm not sure that the bees have abandoned their colony entirely.The new tenants may be more spiritual than physical. I do find myself attaining an interest in signs and symbols,though,especially when changes have been made between visits.An simple circular arrangement of river-worn stone on a hilltop that,on a second visit,has seen the addition of one more object,foreign in nature,that could be a gift of some sort I guess.Bees and scorpions that don't sting, snakes that don't strike and odd things in odd locations could be gifts as well maybe.
If I do come across a library,or a map or two,I hope that I will recognize it as such.

Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

Also it would be interesting to do an assay on a cross to determine its composition. I suspect it was made from a alloy of copper and a small bit of gold.
Klondike - unless I'm mistaken, the Bilbrey crosses are stone, not an alloy of any metals.
klondike
Part Timer

Oz

Post by klondike »

Hello Somehiker,

Your comments are well taken.

My post was not put together that coherently. A product of too little sleep and too much time spent in airplanes.

Have to say though I really like the Kirkland Lake area. Interesting gold deposits here.

When I directed my comments to you I should have indicated your people. And by that I mean the locals, not the Amerindians.

I am not speaking of cataclysmic events. I just saw a trailer for 2012. Hopefully that will not happen. Not sure anyone can really predict the future anyway.

I do believe that when what is in Coronado Mesa is understood a lot of good should happen.

Of course if those folks who turned Mailiapi into an ant hill stumble in first who knows. And if the Republicans stumble in the black helicopters will just carry everything off to area 51.

When I speak of gifts I am referring to folks gaining a fundamental understanding of the richness of the history and beauty of the Superstitions.

I believe dad said it well one time when he alluded to a history that did not begin with selling tickets to Jacob`s dying moments and conjuring up devils, or well I think most folks know the other highlight of the local history.

To answer your question regarding the other. The other is a chamber in Oz that is sealed with casing of metal that is made up of an alloy of Copper and Gold. It appears a bit brighter than the surrounding rock but is very difficult to notice. A small cross appears on the upper section.

Inside the other, there are two light portals. One aligns with Circlestone, the other lines up with Weaver`s Needle.

I would be on the look out for critters. I suspect the snake population in there has grown since things became silent. Fairly open cave system and tunnels are easily navigated.

Paul,

Your question regarding the cross is excellent.

I believe the cross is a mixture of copper and gold. I could obviously be wrong and the pictures in the public would suggest primarily a stone composition.

Having said that an assay could put this question to rest.

What I find interesting about the crosses is the fact that some of the carvings on the crosses are duplicated in a mine in the Superstitions. One might find this a bit odd. I am sure someone out there could post the picture I am referencing. I believe the discussion surrounding that photo was an attempt to establish the existence of Spanish Mining efforts in the Superstitions at an earlier time than was normally believed.

What is not understood is the cross in the mine is not a christian cross. It is a far more ancient representation of a cross that is prevelent in Oz. It is a pointer to Oz.

A while back I was given a copy of a wonderful book dealing with the Crosses, the Latin Heart, and the Stone Map. I do not recollect the author`s name but his insights were profound and generally not appreciated.

That is that the letters on the Latin Heart are written in a script that was recorded in ancient latin. To be more precise the script was commen in the remnants of the Roman World between approximately 600-900 A.D. One might wonder how this is possible.

It is possible because the lettering was copied from the map room in the Other.

Well I need some sleep.

Klondike :lol: