Yellow Jackets

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Tunes

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

I believe she started singing around 1997 and quit around 1999. That means you are a little late....no pun intended. Speaking of Late, is he still looking in on this Forum? 8O 8O

Does the "fat lady" sing in the Superstitions.....in the summer time? Some would surmise, that's the only time she sings.

Joe
eldorado
Part Timer

today

Post by eldorado »

Mr. Ribaudo,

Sorry to hear that someone covered the mine. Must have been the work of those devils from Mordor. Probably the Holmes crowd.

I know you are just being you so I will let the Late comment past. To beat up today anyway to respond. Can`t keep up with the young pups anymore.

Don`t know any fat lady`s in the Superstitions. Singing ones? Wonder if that is another clue?

Never really liked fat women. Wouldn`t want to sufficate if one rolled over. Whales are a different matter.

Later,

E.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Keeping It Real

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

E......,

[Late,

The fat lady has sung.

:D

E., Klondike, Dog]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry......thought you were looking for a comment from people who would be reading this Forum.

I have always wondered why you all seem to use Ben's computer. Right now, that has more relevance to me.....than who the "fat lady" is, or what she might be singing.

"So long farwell well you know the rest."

Joe Ribaudo
eldorado
Part Timer

computers

Post by eldorado »

Good Morning Joe,

Good to see the old Joe is back. Have to say I too have participated in this craziness far too long also.

Things have gone very well in Southern Utah, and indeed the fat lady has sung. Lot of years figuring that one out.

Have you ever used a humvee? Dog bought one and it seems very rough but it can get you into a lot of places and carries a lot. Good thing.

Well anyway good luck to you and again thanks for the water years ago. Who knows maybe some hiker will repay the gift to you some day.

Just for the record you are the only dutch hunter worth his salt. The others tend to be just the local royalty of the dutchman legend, orks and folks selling books about things they only know what they have been told.

Oh before I go late asked that one day I give this to you. Something about a trail with a starburst nearby. Now don`t get all choked up on us and cry in you bloody mary.

N33 33.30
W 111 20.50
elevation 3073.

Take Care of Yourself

E.
eldorado
Part Timer

the trail

Post by eldorado »

One last comment about the trail.

If one takes it west you will be led into the general vicinity of Oz. At one time the trail would take you just about to the Canyon of the Souls. Rumour has it that some folks have done a lot of rearranging to well prevent that.

The trail east takes you to a mountain that is honeycombed with workings from ancient times and more recently the Spanish and Mexicans. In the current century others have been there but those folks never really appreciated what was beneath there feet. A lot of work was done to make sure they didn`t. Now it is infested with Orks and folks who think that the LDM is there. What is beneath those workings is very interesting but it is not the LDM.

Of course the deeper question is why is there a trail that connects the two locations.

It really is time to say goodbye now Joe. You folks have a great life.

E.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Close, but.........

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

E,

Sorry to see you leave again.....so soon. It's been a lot of fun following all your directions.

Your last one appears to be a little off. To reach your 3073' elevation, you would have to climb out of the ravine onto Coronado Mesa, to the southeast. Your coordanates are around 2550' elevation.

What's really interesting about your location is the saddle above it. Once in that saddle you have a great view of Weaver's Needle to the south. Even more interesting, is how close the Chunning/Bark mine is. If you draw a straight line from the saddle to Weaver's Needle and continue it to the northeast.....you will be right on top of their mine.

Now, what drew Chunning to that particular area......while hunting for the LDM? 8O Bark wondered as well. It was around 12 miles from where Chunning believed the LDM to be, according to Bark. Anyone know where that 12 miles would place you? :)

Good luck,

Joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Well isn't that interesting.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

DELETED
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

DELETED
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I was informed within minutes by the Webmaster( I wish all customer service acted as quickly) that my posts were deleted accidentally while clearing spam.

It is hoped that everything will be recovered within a few days.

Randy can attest to the fact that things have been rough around home for me and this pretty much had me confused as hell.

It is always the nice guys though isn't it?
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Randy can attest to the fact that things have been rough around home for me and this pretty much had me confused as hell.
Yes, this is true
It is always the nice guys though isn't it?
Also very true. It's rough being a nice guy these days :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Bad Times?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

You have had more than your share of bad luck for awhile now. I trust it will all turn around for you.

Take care,

Joe
eldorado
Part Timer

The Latin Heart

Post by eldorado »

1. Transeo Ecclesia: religious location place to worship: The other.

2. Inter Septentriones Et Occasum Solis: Northwest

3. Fauces: Narrow gorge. The Direction of my mine is the narrow gorge.

4. Caverna Aurum. Cave of Gold.

5. Roman Numerals. ???

Question: How old is the Latin on the Latin Heart?

Mr. Zentull,

Hope things are well with you. Maybe you will find the above amusing. Time now for a few pleasures still possible at an advanced age. That is funny.

E.
eldorado
Part Timer

The Latin Heart

Post by eldorado »

Mr. Zentull,

Now that I am sober one last thought.

What is the relationship between the Latin Heart, the Trail Maps, Texas, and the relics found near Tucson?

Who knows maybe a cowboy from Texas working in the Superstitions created all in his spare time before finishing up a treatise on celestial mechanics. After all the Latin Heart is all about the stars anyway.

And what does all of this have to do with Schoendinger`s Cat?

Too many orks.

Take Care,

E.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

ElDorado

Had an interesting mouser named Nob once long ago. Nob was bred by some Wiccans and given to an Ex girlfriend of mine just before they were busted for meth-amphetamine. Think he was part Bobcat or something. Never was much of a house cat, but was a hunter without equal. The Ex girlfriend was pretty much the same in different ways. I miss the cat.

He seemed a bit confused of his place in the world.

I believe it was Schrodinger and don't think anyone really owns a cat.

I prefer "Cat in the Hat" to cat in the box. He had a sense of humor and kept his things in a box.

Wonder if Schrodinger had the head appraised afterwards?

Nice you could spare the time for a visit.

Hope the ladies leave you drained and with a smile.
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Usually not one to post a joke......but this one actually cracked me up. Maybe I was just having a long day?

This morning on the way to work I rear-ended a car at a

stop light while not really paying attention.

Anyway the fellow who was driving got out ......

And he was a dwarf ....

He said "I'm not happy"........

I said "Well which one are you then ?
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
eldorado
Part Timer

whatever

Post by eldorado »

Mr. Zentull,

Thanks for making me laugh.

Sorry to see you were in a traffic accident. Hopefully everything is ok. Not Happy. I need a drink.

And yes my spelling is very suspect. Believe you have the right spelling for the cat`s owner. If as you say anyone really can own a cat.

Interesting question about the cat`s head. Reminds me of Mr. Ruth, wonder who carried his head around the Superstitions. Maybe it was simply an oversight that was corrected at a later point. After all losing one`s mind is a fairly normal state of affairs in those mountains and anything is legal if it is done to keep the cattle from being disturbed.

Actually I meant going fishing. For the moment women are too much trouble. Speaking of fishing have you ever been to Three Lakes Canyon. Imagine you can catch just about anything in that area.

Wonder if Isogenic drift variance could help one determine anything about the Latin Heart. Guess one would need a set of coordinates to work with. Also we would need to ferret some information from the Heart itself. Then of course you would have to establish that it is a stand along map to begin with. Could be that the information on the Heart is a lot older than the Heart. I would say that somewhere around oh well would be about right. Just the ramblings of an old wreck. Maybe I am just pointing out my ignorance. Always liked Barry Storm`s cactus anyway.

Know where we could find a good set? And I don`t mean Hooters. I would nominate one of Late`s.

Believe you did the right thing with the Girlfriend. One is better off trusting a bobcat anytime. And if they like you they will bring you something to cook. Hell getting a woman to cook even if you bring a dead critter in is not worth the trouble.

Take Care,

E.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Somewhere over the rainbow plateau...
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
eldorado
Part Timer

today

Post by eldorado »

Gentlemen,

The Latin on the heart is from approximately 900A.D.

The Latin heart was created between 1840-1850. Basically the heart is simplly graffiti with celestial reference points.

Keep in mind Storm`s Cactus.

Isogonic drift variance not Isogenic drift variance.

See the forest service has a problem with folks taking things from the Superstitions. Have to agree with them. Their task is a difficult one sorta like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500.

Just wanted to wrap up a few loose ends before turning it back over to the dream weavers.

E.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

That's your 66th post :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
eldorado
Part Timer

66 posts

Post by eldorado »

Hello Randy,

Good Catch. 66 posts. Probably 66 too many. Time to retire. Obviously some where warmn. But not quite that warm. At least not yet.

One final point. The Latin Heart does not fit into the Maps that are known. It fits into one that probably is still in the desert.

The other missing map was left in Joe`s monuments. The ones the Aliens blasted with their death rays.

Take Care,

E.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Monuments

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

E,

Have you been to the monuments?

Joe
eldorado
Part Timer

monuments, monuments, monuments

Post by eldorado »

Mr. Ribaudo,

If you are speaking about the ones that were near the question mark mine. Yes.

I assume these are the ones you are interested in. Suspect it took a lot of work to disassemble those.

There are others in the mountains that have sadly been blasted by the usual suspects.

E.
eldorado
Part Timer

monuments

Post by eldorado »

Getting old,

Forgot about the two on Superstition Mountain proper.

E.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

And the other big one...it's still there last I checked. Not everyone agrees it's a "monument" though :)

My intelligence isn't vast enough to have figured all of this out. :( Maybe someday I will put my nose to the grind stone hard enough to fill in the blanks, but for now I'll just have to leave that to people smarter than I.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari