Yellow Jackets

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
zentull
Expert

Yellow Jackets

Post by zentull »

My Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets finished the season undefeated. I believe this was mainly due to my excellent managerial abilities and brilliant game planning. Of course we don't keep score and my clean up hitter is only 5 years old, but still after 2 seasons I continue my perfect record and am awaiting the call from Cooperstown anyday now.

Anyone who wants to put some goodtime in would be remiss in passing up the chance to coach little league. The pay sucks, but everyone is required to call you "Coach".
eldorado
Part Timer

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Post by eldorado »

My congratulations to you sir.

There is no gold more importent than the gold you have found.

The Superstitions are nothing compared to the smile of a child.

E.
eldorado
Part Timer

Christmas and the end of the LDM

Post by eldorado »

Perhaps

E.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

You can say that again E.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

E.

The LDM and the head of a dead cat.

No one can give you the value of either.

Both are priceless.

Neither would make any of us better men.

Time to go and watch the rocks grow..................
eldorado
Part Timer

The Cat and The LDM

Post by eldorado »

Maybe the value of the cat and the LDM exists in the eye of the beholder.

If the cat and the LDM are both gone they can still exist in the mind.

In a sense that is the best way for both of them to be.

The headless cat is not headless and the LDM can still evoke the imagination of the seeker.

But what of the one who beheads the cat or ends the LDM. Are they better because they know the truth or because they committed the deed.

If the deed is committed to serve a greater good then everything is as it always should have been. Some things are better not found.

Should be quite the fireworks show.

Is there a reason for the LDM to exist?

Always wondered where big rocks came from. Thank You.

E.
eldorado
Part Timer

The Cat and the LDM

Post by eldorado »

Mr. Zentull,

Thank you for the image of the headless cat and the LDM. Actually they have a lot in commen.

Anyway maybe I can return the favor with a riddle.

Much has been made of Jacob Waltz`s partners name. Most people focus on the historical record and Jacob`s words to determine if a partner existed and if he did what was the exact spelling of his name.

Not enough focus is given to Jacob`s penchant for keeping secret`s, well documented, or the possiblility the answer was always right in front of everyone to begin with.

Take the two names: Jacob Waltz and Jacob Weisner. Assume for the moment Weisner is what Jacob said.

Next assume the first name is just a repetition of Jacob`s name. What Jacob is saying is Jacob and his partner`s first name is encoded in the names Waltz and Weisner.

Next ask what is the most importent letter in Waltz And Weisner. Invert that letter and what do you have. You have a M.

So the beginning of Jacob`s partner`s name is M.

Jacob and M. The rest of the letter`s of his partners first name is in the words, Jacob Waltz and Weisner. His partner`s last name is given in the word Weisner. One just has to make one change in the first letter. All of this is in a mathematical progression that Waltz used. Really quite funny. Sorta like card counting. Jacob kept his name secret yet he and his partner always knew the true meaning.

Have fun. Headless Cats. That will stay a long time.

Merry Christmas

E.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

My Grandfather passed me a curse for the love of the game.

It requires me to give something worth more than my weight in Gold.

My time.

Dutch Hunters may find what they search for, but my hunt ends on a full belly and a nice warm fire.

Have a Merry Christmas and everyone enjoy their hunts and where they may lead.

Zen

?The finest trick of the devil is to persuade you that he does not exist.?
- Charles Baudelaire
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Thanks for the Christmas present E. Quite thoughtful of you.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
eldorado
Part Timer

Time

Post by eldorado »

Mr. Zentull,

The only currency any of us have is time. How we spend it says a lot about each of us.

What was it Heraclitus said: "our destiny is our integrity". We all choose our own trails and those trails may not be blessed but they surely can led to a period of happiness. Or as Aristotle tells us "All men seek happiness" and for him happiness was a life of action governed by virtue. Have to agree with him but acceptance that fate plays a role in all our lives.

From where I sit you are a wise man.

The devil, yes he does exist but he trys to bluff too much on weak hands. He doesn`t cheat though too prideful for that.

Randy,

None of this really matters after next week anyway. A good woman, a good drink, sun, a beach, a good game of cards, healthy children now that is importent. The lost dutchman, hell I have seen a lot better.

E.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

A good woman, good friends, a nice fire, a bottle of whisky and Robert Johnson on the radio...................

The kids are in bed and Roberts howling and playing that bottleneck like the hellhounds still on his trail. The dogs are all lying around, the fire reflecting their eyes like wild beasts in the night.

Walking Hollywood Boulevard with the wife and kids twenty years and a life time later.........smells the same, even though I am sober. Nicole Richie having a sandwich at the table next to us. The kids think the little dog she has is too funny. Have a cigarette at Hollywood and Vine and the Krishnas go Hari Hari, two guys are making out in front of a tatto shop, kids are still talking about the little dog.

Peters Mesa and the buck quietly navigates the narrow ravine. My heads so damn clear I think I can hear him breath. My heart starts that slow pound, the adrenaline surging, the string pulls back like magic. The whisper in my ear and the arrow takes its path. The cycle continues.

Somewhere over the rainbow this was actually about Baseball.............
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

In the members archive under the Zentull2 photo album I posted a picture of my favorite player and assistant coach.
eldorado
Part Timer

Children

Post by eldorado »

Mr. Zentull

Thank you for sharing the picture. Brings back a lot of memories of a simpler time. Assume that is your father in the background.

Remember when dad used to play ball with Late and me. He is the ugly one in the family. God that was a long time ago. We both went to Georgia Tech and then on to other things.

Two of our associates went to Tech and later went to work for TRW in Mesa. Both were really competent propellent engineers. They help design the lunar landing motors years ago. Their real expertise was in propellents though. They did a lot of work with HMX. Really nasty stuff. Both did a lot of good in the Superstitions, but both have passed over.

Hell next I will be crying in my drink. Anyway you have a lot to be proud of there.

By the way I see you have some interest in Jacob Waltz beside his partners name. Never seen this mentioned before but Waltz spent time in Dahlonega, Georgia. He placer mined on the Etowah and Chestatee Rivers. His name is in the record books up there. He also had a little problem with a cherokee lady. Check it out if that sort of thing interest you.

Oh well places to go things to do. See that young man is the spitting image of his father.

E.
eldorado
Part Timer

Yellow Jackets

Post by eldorado »

Man life can really be tough sometime. How in the world did we lose to West Virginia like that. Oh well like Scarlett said, "tomorrow is another day".

Now that the LDM and the cat are together a few saliant points to consider before moving on to other things.

1. If you are interested in Waltz`s Georgia experiences sniff around Cobb County. The Etowah River flows through a little community called Canton, Georgia. Canton is importent.

2. Bark and Ely had a lot of fun with the Wiesner business. So did the Dutchman.

3. Julia always had the two best clues about finding the LDM. That being one had to go through a doorway or gate to the canyon the LDM is in and one had to navigate a waterfall.

4. If the elder Tumlinson and his Mexican friends had known the LDM and the end of the Stone Map trail was sorta speak in the same hotel this would have been solved a long time ago. Really neat how the younger Tumlinson finds the Stone Maps in the desert later. Sometimes this stuff is simply too funny.

5. The people who created the information that was later recorded on the Maps were a hell of a lot smarter than the folks running around now. Including me. But then again.

Happy New Year and may all your gold mines be golden.

E.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

End Of The Trail

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

E,

Hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but the end of the Stone Map Trail, and the LDM are nowhere near the same place.

On the other hand, I have been through your "gates" and have pictures taken from a number of places.....including the stone heart.

When are you going to let us all know where we must go to see all of the "Ely" stuff you sent to Georgia? Is it so secret that they don't want the public to know?

Reading your posts have a great deal in common with "Alice In Wonderland". A great deal of fun reading, but not to be considered reference material.

That is a personal opinion, but you could possibly change it with the information of where you placed the "material", and with whom.

When you write things in this Forum, you should expect to be questioned for authenticity and veracity.

Finding the "retirement" a little boring? :wink:

Joe Ribaudo
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

My Dad was born in a speck called Burchfield West Virginia. I think his family was 1/2 the population and we even owned the mill and the church at one time.

He was pretty happy at the games outcome.

"Alice in Wonderland"?

Pretty sure Eldorado has been referencing "Oz"
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Maybe.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

You have to go way back with this story. At some point in time, our boy went into a rabbit hole. :) Dorothy took a whole nuther trip.

Joe
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

If for no more than today, the Oz reference seems fitting. Sent another of the Dogs down the Yellow brick road today. Watching a 45 pound cow dog go down to 20 pounds is hard on the toughest of us.

Cassie laid here beside me everynight waiting to go to bed as I typed all such nonsense and gibberish. Kind of lonely looking over and seeing that bare floor now.

Was kind of hoping this year would give me a break.........guess not.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Sorry about your loss Wayne.

Joe, take it easy on ole E. :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Sad Duty

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

I am taking my little susy to the vet tomorrow morning. Big lump on her side. If I have to "put her down", it will break my heart. If that happens, I will hold her face as she takes her last breath and be telling her what a good pup she is.

Telling you about how that will come down, puts me as close to what you are feeling as I could possibly get, prior to it actually happening.

Take care and expect a better day as you have had enough bad ones to last a long while.

Joe
eldorado
Part Timer

Old men

Post by eldorado »

Gentlemen,

Sorry to hear about your dogs.They really are special creatures on God`s earth. Can`t imagine heaven without hounds.

Speaking of our four legged friends what ever happened to Heidi and Heidi II. Have to say I really enjoyed their posts. Seemed Heidi II had a better grasp of the geology of the LDM and other issues. She is just flat smart. Assumed Heidi simply passed over to the other side. Her pup Heidi II though spent Christmas with us at you know where. Had a wonderful dinner of prime rib and a really good bottle of Chateau Lature 1952. That was quite the year. Heidi II did get a little blitzed but we let her sleep it off in the Cave of Gold Bars. The following morning she helped us inventory items and she bounded off somewhere. Believe she was headed over to Malipai to check on some evil orks and the black legion.

Speaking of a good steak there is a really great restaurant in Pheonix that serves quite the meal. Believe Late invited Joe to it a way back but I guess Joe was busy with more importent things. The owner is quite the man and knows a lot about the Stone Maps. Suspect he has the missing maps, maybe even Stella Hawkins library.

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the kind words. At my age I really don`t let negativity bother me that much. Folks who do that sorta thing really ought to post over at the other site with the orks, Black Legion, and assorted evil doers. Having said that there are some good folks over there too.

Let`s see:

Sorry Joe LDM 1, the other, and the end of the trail for the Stone Maps are in the same hotel. You are correct though if you are referencing the LDM on Malipai, Pistol Canyon and on Coffee Flat. Of course Malipai is eat up with orks, Black Legion, and crazy park service people.

Seems more and more people are checking out the Horse Mesa area for the end of the Stone Map trail. Damn bunch of litter bugs.

See you are still interested in Ely. You know I am curious if you picked up on the clue that Klondike gave you. Eldorado Canyon is only 25 miles from Boulder City. Believe he referred to it as Nelson`s Landing. Nah, I am sure you understood. Just stubborn I guess.

As far as Georgia goes. There are only so many universities back there. One would think you would take the time to research it. Things are put away nicely until we pass on. Who knows maybe we will find some more gatekeepers and the stuff will just sit there. After all Joe we both know folks in Arizona can`t handle e-mails.

Well Gentlemen have a wonderful evening. Got to go see LSU beat Notre Dame. Then who knows.

E.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

3000 Miles from Graceland
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

3000 Miles from Graceland???????

Sorry about the dog Joe. Cassie was a heck of billy goat of a dog. The wife used to use her to get up steep inclines. She was a sweet one and until I replace the carpet in here, theres an imprint of her late nights up with me. Aussies are special dogs and I recommend them highly as family pets or working dogs. Mine made the transitions easily.

Canton, Georgia ......Trail of Tears.........

Funny how a conversation about Baseball has twisted and turned to all this. Maybe here it gets squarely on the tracks as it can apply to many things......

"The great trouble with baseball today is that most of the players are in it for the money and that's it.....not for the love of it, the excitement of it, the thrill of it"

Ty Cobb "The Georgia Peach"
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Research

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

E.,

I have seen the e-mails. Don't know what you are after here, but you could have placed any materials you claimed to have, in Arizona. If you want to keep up the charade, have fun.

There is as much chance of me blindly calling around looking for non-existant artifacts, as there was of you sending me a copy of the Ely signatures. Didn't ask for the artifacts, just copies of the signatures. :?

I enjoy your flights of fantasy....please continue. :lol:

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Imprints

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Zen,

You can replace the carpet, but the "imprint" will remain.

Turns out that Susy is OK. Heidi is still with us as well. Stone deaf, stiff joints and almost toothless, but still the smartest dog we ever had.

Joe