Yellow Jackets

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
klondike
Part Timer

Re: Yellow Jackets

Post by klondike »

Hello Somehiker,

Your comment reminded me of Robert Boyle`s dedication to gold prospectors in his 1979 book, "The Geochemistry of Gold and its Deposits." In it he states that his work is dedicated to all those who have moiled for gold in the rain and cold and under tropic sun and have used their winnings wisely.

It seems to me that folks who earn what they accomplish in life do in fact use their winnings wisely.

The others well I suspect their winnings are only held for a short time, these are the ones that look to others to answer the questions for them.

Recently a minor earthquake shook the Coronado Mesa area. I imagine the gold and other things there will no longer be available to the fools who looked to others to make their quest not a quest but a free ride.

Long flight home.

Happy trails to you and yours.

Klondike
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ben,

"Long flight home."

I imagine the flight does seem to stretch on forever. When someone espouses flying monkey's over airplanes, you must live with the down side. While it seems a fine line which divides Calalus from the land of Oz, it's a daunting distance for a monkey, flying or otherwise. 8O

Since the two are connected.......underground, perhaps you can prevail on the government to pony up the funds for a high-speed subway. That would effectively serve a number of purposes, not the least of which would be the full employment of the hard hit Munchkins. Their plight has been much harder than most, who suffer from chronic unemployment, due to the fact that they are difficult to see from behind the unemployment counter.......being terminally short and alll. :(

I am quite sure everyone here will be more than happy to sign a petition in an effort to get the project moving quickly. :)

In the meantime, I trust the stormy weather has not grounded your aeronauticaly inclined monkey's. Make sure you bundle up for the flight. The captain has requested that all bananas be stowed safely overhead, and that you place your trays in the upright position. :lol:

Have a safe flight, :roll:

Joe Ribaudo
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

Klondike:
You direct the seekers to "Mailiapi" for "soon to be made" discoveries,as well as to the "Coronado Mesa area" to look for earthquake damage that you claim now obscures the "gold and other things there".Yet you call them "fools" that "looked to others to make their quest not a quest but a free ride.Since both Coronado and "Mailiapi" are fairly expansive areas,could you be a little bit more specific as to the locations of these wonderful "discoveries"? The "others" are running out of cash and could,no doubt,use a little more of your freely given advice.
Maybe "Dog" can throw in a clue or two as well.For instance,which shrub makes a better "trail marker".....juniper or creosote? Or will just any old rock do?

Regards:SH.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

SH,

Pucker Bush...... :)

Joe
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

Was wonderin about Dog's preference..........not your's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SH. :roll:
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Somehiker,

Hope things are well with you and yours. Ever notice in our modern world that politeness often takes backseat to other considerations. Have to admit it is sometimes tempting to take that road but in general I try to avoid it.

Sometimes without success.

Perhaps it would have been better put to say simply the discovery on Mailaipi has already been made. The folks finishing up the gift we gave will I am sure do an outstanding job of preparing things for the public.

Now it is time for us to get on with our lives. What is important to us is safely on exhibit for our people in South Africa. Perhaps the undiscovered portions of Oz could have been saved if it had not been for the crystals. It was impossible to save Oz without also saving the source of power that has been safely concealed there for thousands of years.

Could things have ended differently. I believe they could have. I know dad hoped so. Who knows if our associates at TRW had not passed away then certain public sessions could have been held.

We were always under the pressure of many currents. Currents that required protecting our heritage, a genuine interest in saving your history, and not allowing certain entities to gain access to a technology that well is overpowering.

In a small city in South Africa is a out of the way private museum. In that sacred place is a wall with writings and pictures of the many heroes that protected the holy. On one wall is a memorium that we brought with us to South Africa from Oz. On that simple wooden structure is the names of all the American heroes that protected Oz. Such men as Jim
Bark, Sims Ely, Jacob Walzer, that is his name, and a famous bakery chief are all there together with others.

Hopefully one day you will visit and gaze on a different history of the Superstitions.

While I don`t plan on visiting the Superstitions for a long time. suspect things will be hot there for a long time :lol: if you come across a good looking guy under a Auburn hat, and a old gentleman with a Georgia Tech hat please drop in and have a cup of Coffee.

Mr. Ribaudo,

Mark Twain was asked at the end of his life how he would like to be remembered. He pondered the question and said, " I would like that people think well of me" Maybe that is the most any of us can hope for.

I am happy with how I will be remembered. A life with a wonderful woman, good children and friends that well I will always cherish. And I might add saving something precious in a world that cares for very little. I hope you are remembered well.

If you were interested in the truth it is out there. It is in a covered mine in Boulder Canyon.
It is in the discoveries you made at the heart that prove the existence of Calalus.

Well it really doesn`t matter anymore.

The only gatekeeper that will visit the Superstitions in the future will simply be there to care for a garden. Care for things I am sure you understand.

Stay safe and cherish what you will be still given. Do not concern yourself too much with what you have lost.

Klondike
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

Hello Klondike:
If I do come across those gentlemen,I probably will.I had one of those crystal radios when I was about eight years old.Didn't need no batteries either.There are crystals out there that have power,I agree.If the museum that you speak of happens to be a little ways off of Memorial Rd.,just to the west of Kimberly,then you will know what kind of geology that I speak of.There has always been talk of a spiral tunnel in the mountains.Could it be that there is a connection with that kind of formation?
I could probably answer that myself,if I knew anything about rocks.

Regards:SH.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ben,

If you know about the stones.......Why did you leave them there? The only other explanation is that someone talked.

Joe Ribaudo
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

Joe Ribaudo wrote:Ben,

If you know about the stones.......Why did you leave them there? The only other explanation is that someone talked.

Joe Ribaudo
What are you referring to Joe?
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Paul,

Ben will know what I am talking about, and what can be found in the triangle below the heart. He will also have been to this outcropping and know about the other one that comes to the surface, close by.

The other vein runs close to the surface and comes into Little Boulder from the northeast. If you take that heading, it will lead you to a place that is near and dear to Ben's heart.

In all, it's very close to eight miles of very rough terrain. When you come out for the next Rendezvous, I will show where that eight miles ends.

Take care,

Joe
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

Joe Ribaudo wrote:Paul,

Ben will know what I am talking about, and what can be found in the triangle below the heart. He will also have been to this outcropping and know about the other one that comes to the surface, close by.

The other vein runs close to the surface and comes into Little Boulder from the northeast. If you take that heading, it will lead you to a place that is near and dear to Ben's heart.

In all, it's very close to eight miles of very rough terrain. When you come out for the next Rendezvous, I will show where that eight miles ends.

Take care,

Joe
Sounds good Joe - still a little confused, but I tend to get that way pretty easily these days.

I had all sorts of great plans to hit AZ this March for a week and then back again in October for the Rendezvous. I may still come out in March, but it would only be for a long weekend I think, but I'm still hoping to get out there for a week in October - this time I want to bring my wife Connie. I want to see if she falls in love with the area as well. We won't do much hiking, and will probably take a drive up to Sedona for a day or two as well. I'm gonna miss a 1-2 week hiking adventure/exploration again as it's SO in my blood, but if I have a chance to take Connie out there and hope I can convince her this is the place to be :)
rfj
Greenhorn

Post by rfj »

Cubfan, I too have been working on getting my wife, Janet, out to Az. After this horrible winter we've had, she's actually receptive , sort of. We've had cabin fever around here in the worst way. Maybe its because I'm retired now aand maybe a little bored, but I dont remember the winters ever being this bad. Certainly more snow and ice than I remember. I've at least got her to think about maybe a second home there. I'm not fond of that idea, but it's better than nothing. Good luck with you're quest and maybe I'll be successful too. Ralph Johnson
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Somehiker,

I spoke with dog and while he is currently recovering from a rather nasty fall he indicated he will get back to you.

He said to tell you that as far as Mailaipi goes you should look for turtles. He indicated you would understand.

Also Dog posted comments on another site that answered a few of your questions but since that site has now gone to the afterworld he repeated a few things to consider.

Looking for signs is well never easy. One must consider the culture of the folks you are on the trail of.

For example in the Superstitions signs are generally everywhere and many are fraudulant. A number of important signs have well been destroyed, such as the monuments Joe speaks about.

Starbursts are an importent indicator of a trail used by the folks from Calalus. Interestingly enough on Mailaipi there is a trail that for all practical purposes goes almost straight up and ends in nothing. A starburst is close by on a rock out crop.

I believe some have mistaken this trail for a trail created by the local critters. It is not.

Consider that the heart that is a portion of the trail maps also has another function. It fits into a rock outcrop in the Fish Creek area. Properly inserted the heart pretty much takes you to an entrance of Oz.

The last time I checked it someone buried the rock outcrop. Not sure if a local did that. Who knows. Not sure who would do such a thing.

Klondike
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I am thinking BBQ!!!!!!!

Not about the Turtle, but Paul and Ralph. Do have a Turtle though. Found him at the end of a beam. Was going to name him Randy, but that doesn't roll off the tongue like Tony Turtle.
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
rfj
Greenhorn

Post by rfj »

Good BBQ is hard to beat. Even ate some turtle once, back in the old army days. Sort of BBQ'd it as best we could under the conditions at the time. Wasn't too bad. I wonder if Oz has any good BBQ joints.
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

rfj wrote:Good BBQ is hard to beat. Even ate some turtle once, back in the old army days. Sort of BBQ'd it as best we could under the conditions at the time. Wasn't too bad. I wonder if Oz has any good BBQ joints.
I don't know, but I'd like to find out!

Ralph - good luck on your quest to convince the significant other that Arizona is the "place to be!" I have my work cut out for me as well, but I think I can do it!
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Never ate a turtle. Who knows might be a good catch.

Anyone ever find out if the lizard men's cave system was ever found. Understand they have been kidnapping women from the Phoenix area for many years in hopes of breeding a super race.

Suspect their entrance shafts are in the Roger`s Canyon area. That would explain who took the gold out of LDM 14.

On a serious note I was thinking recently what a fine man Bill 7/11 was. He did a lot of good in those mountains, and he didn't even have to be there to do it.

Klondike
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

zentull wrote:Was going to name him Randy, but that doesn't roll off the tongue like Tony Turtle.
U callin me slow? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I make the best BBQ Burgers you'll ever eat.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Klondike,
Is the Crystal Skull still in OZ?
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

"I am the Lizard king, I can do anything"

James Douglas Morrison

Was he involved? I don't know about a crystal skull, but he sang about a crystal ship......
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Randy,

Imagine things are a bit slow now in Oz.

The earthquake took quite a toll on the underground passageways and cave system.

Crystal Skulls? Why not. Probably a batch of them in there somewhere.

Have you ever been to Montezuma`s Castle in Arizona? Quite the site. Always found it fascinating that the castle was once located on a road that connected Phoenix and Flagstaff. Folks just drove right by it.

Years later the forest service restored the site as best they could and folks came from all over to appreciate what for previous generations was just a curiosity.

Imagine Oz will end up that way one day when folks are ready to see what has always been right in front of them.

Mr. Zentull,

Good to hear from you. Always liked Morrison`s music. Not sure why but he seems to touch something. Maybe the insanity that is just beneath the surface in humanity.

Klondike
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

Hi Klondike:
Imagination,as well as imaginary statements and friends are a poor substitute for reality.
Paid a visit to the cave that you claim as "the Other" just two weeks ago.Everything was just as I left it,contrary to your claim of several weeks ago.Musta been talking about the other "Other".A couple of places that I expected to find evidence of the earthquake were not affected either.I did see one boulder that had obviously recently tumbled about a hundred feet downslope from it's prior position.This may have also been due to the heavy winter rains.I doub't that "OZ" has been altered by man or nature much,if any at all.
Did find a garden,though the deer were kinda cuttin it down a bit.Seems that deer find roses to their liking.Maybe if you spray them with something??

Regards:SH
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Somehiker,

Never claimed the cave was the other. The other is an expression we coined to describe the map room in Oz. The map room gives substance and meaning to the Stone Maps and a number of trails in the Superstitions.

Perhaps earthquake is not the proper word to describe the destruction of the passageways of Oz. Let`s just say the thunder gods were busy.

As far as imagination goes, I have always found that reality is that which is given, imagination is that which is. If all we find in life is that which is given well the truth is very likely to remain concealed.

For example Montezuma`s well. What is given is the land, the water and the lives of the inhabitatants that lived there. The truth in this definition is concealed. The truth is what is in the night sky above the well. The truth that is recorded in the caved in rooms that existed in Monetzuma`s castle before they were destroyed. The truth is the role of these sites as way stations for previous visitors, whose travels took them to the Colorado and beyound.

The same truth that is concealed in the rocks of Sedona, Arizona. That truth is simple. It says, "they were here". One must only see it.

There is a cross in Sedona. A simple cross. Yet there is far more to that cross than one can imagine.

There are many gardens in the Superstitions. We only care for one. I suspect that no one knows its location but us.

Good luck in your searches.

Klondike
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

Hello Klondike:
Thank you for clarifying your past statements,including the difference between mere tremors and more explosive events.It is a shame,really,that your followers seem bent on the destruction of historic places as a means to an end.Disappointment can alter ones outlook,leading I suppose to different courses of action.Most to simply broaden their search and a few to deny the former any chance of discovery.
I was relieved to find that your group had not disturbed my own area of interest.With each visit I discover more fuel for my curiosity.It's much the same as watching a movie several times,where each visit brings with it more understanding and answers to previous questions.The heat and humidity remain,making such visits both uncomfortable and brief,but the bees are no longer an impediment,having been forced to utilize an exit above.
The metal objects from the rock face opposite the cave I can now study at leisure,having obtained clear macro photos of all surfaces.Several additional objects of other metallic materials,also photographed,were found in another cave above and to the west of the waterfall nearby.That cave,being far more hospitable,was probably used for shelter as well as long term safekeeping.All but three would probably add fuel to your campfire.

Regards:SH
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

SH,

The metal objects sound interesting. Can you share the pictures?

Take care,

Joe