Yellow Jackets

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Post it :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

In The Archive

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

Forgot to mention that I posted it in "Old Pictures" in Member Archive.
Don't know how to put pictures in the body of a post here.

Take care,

Joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Ahh, that narrow gorge :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Maybe.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

That's the only place in Little Boulder that fits the description.....for me.

As you move up towards the ridge seperating everything from West Boulder, there are a number of fingers that have branched off the main part of the canyon. In places they become quite steep as they climb onto the side of the ridge. The one farthest west becomes quite choked with old growth, and might be considered, by some, to be a narrow gorge.

My money is on the one at the entrance to Little Boulder. It's the only true gorge, in my opinion.

Take care,

joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

It's narrow, but it's not much of a gorge in my opinion :) More like a small break in the rock. I guess if you were trying to describe that area, maybe a gorge would be the only way to describe it?

Now if you want a narrow gorge, look right at the bottom of Fish Creek Hill. That's a narrow gorge 8O
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
eldorado
Part Timer

Narrow Gorges

Post by eldorado »

So many gorges so little time.

I like the narrow gorge that takes one into the NW portion of the range then circles around and meanders over to Ork Mountain and heads east to other places. Of course a lot of the star bursts have been removed.

The only problem with the narrow gorge is that some very fine gentlemen from Mesa years ago and not so long ago practiced their propellent engineering background there and rearranged a lot. Fine gentlemen really. Helped design the lunar lander motors. Anyway the narrow gorge appears to just disappear in places. One has to figure a way out and then get back in at a later point. Lot of trouble for someone that is not real dedicated.

But with a little work and luck you will meander a bit and maybe even exit the gorge and in a bit notice a large growth of stuff on a canyon wall. As one gets closer the sound of water will be heard but not seen. Behind the well bushes one will find a cave. Enter the cave, pass under the waterfall and work your way back into the most incredible site in the Superstition Mountains. You will enter the canyon of the souls. The opening to Oz.

There are other ways to get in but I won`t bore you with those quite yet. At one time the area was far moister than it is today and ships could make their way from the Salt River to very near Oz. They unloaded quite a bit of inventory. 8)

The Heart stone. Let`s see. The Heart Insert does take one to Little Boulder Canyon. I have always be rather amused by folks who thinks it takes them all over. The visual answer is the right one. Then one simply replaces the heart insert with the Latin Heart, work that with several other maps and tidbits, check out a few stars one is there. The Latin numerals on the map were taken from the map room ver batim and relates to sites indicated on the front side. You see the maps not only takes you to the end of the trail it is the way our historical brothers planned on searching sites all over The Superstitions. One understands this if you have taken the time to walk the secret trails and religious sites in the remote areas of the mountains.

Was talking to a close friend the other day and he indicated that one group will end up in a Dairy Queen in Mesa. Assume they will dig it up. Another party is in the nw portion of the range working near some old mexican and earlier mining operations. He very well may end up digging out a cave entrance with a cross on it. Suspect he will find a coconut with a happy face on it and a six pack of budweiser.

If any of you folks stumble into Oz you will understand what this is all about. You will be the ones that fullfill the prophecy that reflected the last wishes of those who first died in that place. A wish that we cannot satisfy. You will be the ones to free their souls. Honor them and honor youself and do the right thing.

Four of you have been given clues that seperately will not take you to Oz but together who knows. Having said that you would have to work together. The number four is very importent. 1847. I think the four of you would the right four.

I think one should repost the picture of the pretty lady. God that woman was special and incredibly brilliant. So much is owed to her.

You know I always wondered why Jim Bark gave the gentleman a $5.00 Gold Coin from a special mint. Oh well.

Merry Christmas,

E.
eldorado
Part Timer

a thought

Post by eldorado »

One final thought.

Late said a long time ago that the waterfall was always the key. What he didn`t tell you is that you can`t see the waterfall, that one must feel it or hear its presence.

Also the waterfall is the physical manifestation of a massive hydrothermal system of hot water etc., that exists just beneath the surface and percolates throughout the whole landscape. The bleaching of surrounding ground has not occurred because of the depth of the deposits there and the fact that the surface manifestation of the systems are so rare.

Think of the Cresson Blow Out in Colorado. Tellerium anyone?

Another interesting point is one entrance to Oz requires you to go up before you go down. Sound familiar?

Well been sober too long and since I think I lost a good bit the other night I have to go back to work.

By the way we will be waiting and watching. :D

Good luck

E.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

8O 8O

I'll be there soon.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
eldorado
Part Timer

today

Post by eldorado »

Hello Randy,

Be careful and think about taking someone with you. There are a lot of orks in the area these days and Dog only has so many houses left.

You wouldn`t believe the critters that Heidi II has been bringing back. OH well it is what it is.

You know I always thought the Salazar Survey took you to Pistol Canyon. I know that is where the old mexican remembers the mine to be. Think that is LDM 2 or 3. Believe LDM 4 was in Roger`s Canyon.

Really can`t keep it straight. Late was a lot better at keeping track of all that.

Guess that is good enough reason to keep folks out of Pistol Canyon. Just might stumble on to something there. 8)

Well this really is goodbye folks. Just too many interesting places to see and things to do. Man the snakes in Marble Canyon.

Hope to see you and maybe the others soon.

Take Care,

E.
eldorado
Part Timer

The Lady

Post by eldorado »

Two down, Two to go.

Never thought someone from the Holmes Camp would find Oz.

Guess there is good in all of us. She will make a good Gatekepper.

The lady will show you to the narrow gorge.

Hurry up ladies.

E.
eldorado
Part Timer

The Lady

Post by eldorado »

Sorry about that my dear.

Gatekeeper.

E.
eldorado
Part Timer

Oz

Post by eldorado »

Yes we should give them one more clue.

Perhaps they should look for the lady in the archives. Maybe they can figure out N-8-P if they just look in her eyes.

Yep this is real easy now.

E.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Is her name Odetta Holmes?
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
eldorado
Part Timer

Odetta

Post by eldorado »

Hello Randy,

Think the Orks stashed Odetta in a mine shaft on the North end of Peter`s mesa. Once they cleaned that pocket out seemed a reasonable thing to do. Always wondered why they didn`t stick her on Malaipi. Odetta was a big girl if I remember correctly. Probably would have killed a few Orks carrying her up there.

Heidi II said it was a terrible thing to behold. After emptying out the deposit they buried the loot under a dryed little pond up there. 8) Believe you know the one. Actually the Orks covered a mine right under where the Pond extended at one time. Just look for a little vein with a mineral suite associated with epithermal deposits and dig. Beautiful crystals with tellurides were stashed there in a creviced area by the Mexicans. A number of things buried in the pond area.

Of course several of the surface manifestations of ore deposition one finds in Pistol Canyon continue all over the area. That is until they were covered up by everybody. :lol:

Need a back door to find anything there now. What the hell everyone got a piece of Peter`s Mesa. Orks, Dreamweavers, even others stashed stuff that originated up there.

E.
eldorado
Part Timer

Te2

Post by eldorado »

Three down one to go.

Have to admit this guy is some hiker. Using a rope to come down that canyon wall took a lot of guts. Lot of snakes up there. Good thing we found him.

He was one of the four. Good.

Don`t think Sims, Jim, or (Walter/Walt) would have deleted Te2. How about those mercury vapor tests. Good stuff.

The ghosts of the headless horseman, the Saint and the Dawg should be left alone. Everyone found what they were looking for and one even spent months alone with the gold. :D

The lady was the name given to the famous Opera House our fetching beauties performed in. When she looked out in the promescium box she saw special people. In that box was a wooden board with N-8-P engraved. Behind that board was a silver map pointing out the way to Oz. The silver map was from the time of the ancient ones. Not the locals.

E.
eldorado
Part Timer

The Gold

Post by eldorado »

And then there were 4. Never figured a Peralta but it is what it is. He did cheat though. Had maps handed down that Martin help create. Well good to close that door anyway.

Sometimes who takes one or one`s remains out of the Superstitions is a lot more importent than who takes you in. Particularly since the Superstitions are a murder free zone. Seems all the deaths can be accounted for by mountain lions or Yetti.

Actually the trail on that little crime leads to a certain bank in New York and the biggest deposit of Gold in the world that lies underneath it. They keep very good records and the names on certain transactions that occurred in the 30`s are just a hoot to look at. :lol:

Anyone interested in the Gold that came from under the dutchman`s bed needs only to squirrel around Pistol Canyon. The mine is covered but there is a back door. Lot of tellurides in the deposit. But some folks know that.

And to think Jacob wandered those hills for so many years and only one mine. Somehow I believe a German who celebrated a deposit with an iron hat with scratchings on a cross member had a lot more going on than that pitiful little deposit.

Happy trails to you and yours until we meet again.

E.
eldorado
Part Timer

Mr. Ruth

Post by eldorado »

He Came, He Saw................

What does his voice from the grave tell you. He tells you what happened.

A message safely tucked away that would not be understood.

The message?

Simple actually, He came, He saw.

E.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Better Late Than.........

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Big E.,

Simple indeed.......

You're a bit late. I have been saying the same thing for......decades. 8O :lol:

Joe Ribaudo
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

So Ruth's visit to "OZ" is the ultimate cause of his untimely death?
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
eldorado
Part Timer

Post by eldorado »

Hello Randy,

Don`t remember saying that Ruth visited Oz. Seems Mr. Ruth`s last stay in the Superstitions was in a rather dark little mine sitting on stacks of gold bars while his candle flickered in and out until well you know.

Have to say the note was a nice touch. Little did the perp`s know his intent. Of course that bunch was not the sharpest pencils in the box.

Suspect Mr. Ruth`s next stop would have been a chamber in Black Top if he lived. From there who knows.

Hello Mr. Ribaudo,

Agree with you that the answer is simple, that is why it is sometimes so hard to see.

Who do you think did Mr. Ruth in a mountain lion or a yetti?

Big E? Have to say I have kept trim and fit into my old age. Crawling around in all those gold bars and Roman holy places will do that.

By the way, real shame none of the locals got paid in all of that. Oh well it is what it is. Real logistics episode keeping you know who on ice while squirreling all of that gold out of the Superstitions.

Have a good day

E.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Clarification......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Big E.,

"Big E? Have to say I have kept trim and fit into my old age. Crawling around in all those gold bars and Roman holy places will do that."

You misunderstood my meaning, Sir. I was thinking along the lines of HAT SIZE. :lol:

Joe Ribaudo
eldorado
Part Timer

Hat Size

Post by eldorado »

Hello Mr. Ribaudo

Probably so. Good Catch.

Good luck to you sir.

e. :D
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

uhhh.......he had a flashlight, but the candle does add a flair to the drama I suppose.
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
eldorado
Part Timer

Candles and Flashlights

Post by eldorado »

Mr. Zentull,

Good to hear from you.

I checked the pictures again. Only saw a candle. Suspect flashlights were hard to come by in those days.

No real point in leaving one in there.

E.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Since it is my thread and it undulates a bit of everywhere......

Ever notice how guys like Schwarnegger, Sly Stallone, Chuck Norris, Mel Gibson and Tom Berenger make movies we all will stay up to watch, but they are ripped by the critics?

I noticed a strange theme here and realized they were all Republicans.....

Then you have Bruce Willis, Clint Eastwood, Kurt Russell, Mickey Rourke and James Woods the Libertarians.

Is there a thing about you can only do action flicks or cool movies for guys if you are not a Democrat?

Of course the King of all this is the Duke. Do Democrats watch John Wayne movies? Can they admit liking them?
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"