SAND & STONE

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
buscar
Part Timer

SAND & STONE

Post by buscar »

SAND & STONE

Two friends were walking through the desert in the Superstition Mountains. During some point of the journey, they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other in the face.

The one who got slapped was hurt, but with out saying anything, wrote in the sand: Today my best friend slapped me in the face.

They kept on walking, until they found where they thought the Stone Maps led them to. It was hot, and there was an oasis, where they both decided to take a bath to cool off. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but the friend reached out his hand and saved him.

After he recovered from the ordeal of near drowning, he wrote on a stone: Today my best friend saved my life.

The friend who had slapped and saved his friend asked him, “After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you wrote on a stone. Why?”

The other friend replied, “When someone hurts us we should write it down in sand where the winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it.”

buscar :)
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

that's good!!!
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

El Dorado

Post by zentull »

Figured I would post the whole poem here..........Don't believe James Caan recites the whole poem in the movie just different pieces. Not to be confused with the step sister movie "Rio Bravo" with Dean Martin.

Eldorado

Gaily bedight,
A gallant knight,
In sunshine and in shadow,
Had journeyed long,
Singing a song,
In search of Eldorado.

But he grew old-
This knight so bold-
And o'er his heart a shadow
Fell as he found
No spot of ground