Betrayal

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
buscar
Part Timer

Betrayal

Post by buscar »

Betrayal

My dad, Sammy, was a heavy cigarette smoker and an alcoholic. He would squander most of his time in some smoked-up bar. In order to pacify his habits, he constructed a gadget so mother would have to put in a nickel to turn on the gas to the stove. One day, mother went to cook what little she had…it was then she noticed Sammy had taken the nickels out of the nickelodeon. That was ok; we always had dried orange peels on the wood stovetop for us to eat.

We moved in and out of the little shack beside the railroad track at least five times before someone finely blew the whistle and the authories came running to the rescues.

1947 seems like yesterday, when five little children rode down the elongated highway feeling alone without a friend in this world, because of parents having no fear of God.

Their lack of wisdom and understanding helped led the attack on my life. Wherefore, we who are parents should be forewarned.

More then a dozen foster homes would be my plot.

Whippings were as common as getting up in the morning and going to bed at night. I was beat up not brought up. I’ve had sticks and stones, firewood, and tools thrown at me, beaten with razor straps and rubber hoses as if I were an animal. When the welfare worker would show up at the house, I would be advised to keep my mouth shut and not to say a word about the beatings.

Beatings and hard work were only a part of torture that I had to endure.

Inside of me was a horrible feeling of unknown happiness and detestation. For years it kept me a victim rather than a victor.

It took more than thirty years to locate my brothers and sisters.

I learned that both my father and mother had been married a number of times. The last count and still counting, there were, some are deceased, 21 brothers and sisters.

I got married and had some children. Then, without warning, my only son whom I loved suddenly passed away.

Yes, even friend have stabbed me in the back.

The easiest onset, I learned, is to close my eyes to the unpreventable conflicts on this broken down highway of life—forgive, and pray for them.

Here is proof that difficult events can cause an emotional journey with damaged emotions.

buscar :( :)
bill711
Expert

Betrayal

Post by bill711 »

Buscar; While I sympathize with you I do not feel sorry for you! Only think of yesterday as you need experience; only try to concern yourself with today and tomorrow these are the days that are important! You had some great times with your only son? We never know when we will go under. Only our GOD knows this! Remember the good times that you had with him. YOU still have your fairly good health so look to tomorrow in your life. When things get hard; Read your bible and pray to GOD and YOU WILL FEEL BETTER. WE are guaranteed nothing in THIS life so we must put our faith in GOD not earthly things! I hope this helps Buscar; I know how things can seem to be drowning you sometimes? bill 8)
buscar
Part Timer

Post by buscar »

Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows nothing about, need only a bit of praise or encouragement -and we will make the goal.

Thanks Bill,

buscar :)
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Hard Times

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Lawrence,

You have had some hard times that most cannot even dream of. They have made you stronger and more appreciative of the life you have now.
The best revenge is living well. There is nowhere to go from where you were.....but up.

As for your friends stabbing you in the back, you might want to read my last post in the "Trust" topic. While it was not really aimed at you, it certainly seems appropriate.

Good luck.

Joe