dutch hunters.

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
tom cole

dutch hunters.

Post by tom cole »

speaking of dutch hunters, anyone seen or heard from jim hatt lately? if y ou have tell him to email me asap tom cole @ [email protected]. im in bham ala. might just let him know where he can dig up two mexican men, shot by jacob waltz & company. thanks tom cole : :twisted: NOT KIDDING. 8)
would like a picture of the map that was carved on the south/east side of buff springs mtn. near the cave of sandles, found by berry storm? if there is one avalable
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

errr...Tom

The "cave of the sandles" was not located on Bluff Spring Mtn. That info was just passed around for the tourists....

TGH
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Dutch Hunters

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

Garry (Novice) and his wife, Carol, spent yesterday afternoon and part of the evening with us. It was a very pleasant visit.

Just wanted to let you all know that Garry is every bit the gentleman that he presents on this Forum. He knows the history that surrounds the LDM as well as anyone out there.

Unfortunately for Carol, he is well locked-in on the subject. :) Fortunately for Garry he married up....like most of us, and his bride may just hang-in there with him. :)

In Dutch Hunting you meet all types. As many of us can attest to, the personalities presented on forums such as this, don't always match-up with the real person. It can get scary....sometimes very scary. 8O I think my friend, Randy, will concur. :lol:

With Novice, what you see is what you get, and probably better. They are welcome in our home anytime.

Take care,

Joe
djui5
Expert

Re: Dutch Hunters

Post by djui5 »

It can get scary....sometimes very scary. 8O I think my friend, Randy, will concur. :lol:

Joe

:lol:
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Hey.....I could resemble that remark. Don't want people to think Randy hangs out with the wrong crowd.

Quit smiling Randy or I will leave you with the snakes.

All that traveling and Novice probably drove by within a stones throw and not even a wave....gee

If nothing else, me being busy and all (Monday I get my next batch of T ballers), it is nice to see we all remember where the forum is.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The Mother Of All........

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Zen,

I doubt there will ever be another site like this one. Not that Peter's site is not really well done, because it is, but because of the through coverage of all the topics related to the LDM. Everyone else is just rehashing old Forum topics.

Despite some of the petulant deletions of Matthew Roberts, most of which I have copies of, this site remains the mother of all sources for all things Dutchman. Mathew's posts were always the jewel in the Forum crown.

Every speck of information needed to find the LDM can be found on this Forum. Much of the history that surrounds the Superstition Mountains and a good deal of the Southwest is in this one place.

Personally, I have met some wonderful Dutch Hunters here, many who will be lifelong friends. My dream of a Dutch Hunters' Rendezvous came to fruition here. If it continues, it will be a source for creating friendships for many people who would remain strangers without it. I was able to contact my uncle's old partner, Tracy Hawkins, because of this site.

The positive things that have been a direct result of Ron's creation of this site are monumental and will last well beyond our lifetimes. The negatives will be gone in the blink of an eye.

My sincere thanks to Ron and his family for what will be a lifetime of memories.

It's all good.

Take care,

Joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Quit smiling Randy or I will leave you with the snakes.
:lol: :lol: Saw one Thursday! 1 and 1/2' away from me. Luckily it didn't strike 8O I'll never for that feeling though, first time hearing a rattler and realizing how close it is to you. Scared the $hit outta me.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Joe,

While I agree with everything you said, I believe the importance of the site was the beginning of rationally working out what the story could be. That it dovetailed with the works of Glover and Corbin certainly fueled the fires of discussion early on to a large degree. One thing I noted was we all began to understand that everything related did not have to fit neatly and/or have to do with the LDM. The site promoted a more informative and scholarly approach and it would be hoped the pulp fiction that ruined many Dutch Hunters chances is now a thing of the past.

The Rendevous was a great thing in it brought people from very different approaches and beliefs to an open event. It would not have happened if not for this site.

It also gave a number of people a fresh chance to learn from some of the best sources possible. A book is a wonderful thing, but listening to the stories from Matt, Greg and yourself was an experience unto itself, even if they do contradict occasionally.

Most of all the site gave me some chances to share the trail with some great people. That in itself was worth more than anything.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Agreed

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

You may add all of that to my post. :) Well said.

Joe
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Snake Bit......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

Here is a hard to believe story:

A number of years ago, while four-wheeling west of Eagle Mountain, my friend got a flat tire. We had left the spare in camp, so we took my truck back and picked it up.

Back at his truck, I started tossing blocks of wood and a small jack under the truck. I then crawled under it and began stacking the wood up next to the flat tire. I placed the jack on top of the wood and realized I didn't have the jack handle.

As I turned my body back to reach for the handle, I looked into the eyes of a sidewinder that had coiled up in front of the flat tire for shade. It was less than a foot from my face, coiled and flicking it's tongue out.

Being an old desert rat and outdoorsman, I knew not to make any sudden moves. Yelling....SNAKE!!! I rolled away as fast as I could. :)
To this day I am mystified as to why brother tl'lish did not strike me.
Head moving, hands moving, snake watching from inches away. 8O 8O

Joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

I remember that story from the Rendevous :)
Was enjoyable to read/hear it again :D
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari