Wanted to clear up a few things

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
djui5
Expert

Wanted to clear up a few things

Post by djui5 »

I got a hilarious phone call from Wayne a little bit ago. He said he had heard the following rumors:

I rolled my "truck": This is sorta true, I laid the Jeep on the drivers door a couple years ago

I broke my leg: This is true

I lost my job: This is sorta true, I left my job of almost 4 years last week and am seeking new employment

My wife left me: :lol: :lol: Not true

I'm living out of the back of a pickup: I don't even own a pickup, I sold it last year. I do have a house to live in.

Thanks all for your concern, just wanted to make sure this gets cleared up :lol: :lol:

BTW I see Joe is still derailing threads on here so I haven't been missing much. :mrgreen:
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Cubfan64
Expert

Re: Wanted to clear up a few things

Post by Cubfan64 »

I heard you were running for President in 2012 too!!! Hey, I think I'd vote for ya :)

Glad to hear you're starting to heal up - man it's been a rough year and a half for you! You should have some major good karma coming your way bud!
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Glad to hear most of them are over or not true. :)

As for me derailing threads......sorry to hear that is your opinion of my history on these forums. The only person who makes no mistakes in this life, is the one who does nothing. On the other hand, that might be considered a mistake by some. :wink:

I have really enjoyed this Forum, for the most part, and have tried to make more positive contributions to the discussions, than negative. I realize there have been ocassions when that endeavor has fallen short. :(

There are times when someone will bring up a subject that might be considered "off topic". I do like to pursue those, out of the way, paths to see where they might lead. That would be why I pursued the Jericho theme when Roy first brought it up in connection with Atlantis in the Calalus topic.

If someone finds that conversation not worth continuing, or not of interest to them, they can just drop out......much like Roy did. :(

Maybe you can start posting again and join the rest of the "mistake" makers......like me. Fact is, I have been posting a lot less these days.

Good to hear from you again.

Take care,

Joe
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Randy - sorry to hear about your troubles but also glad that most of the rumors were false. I wish you well buddy, and look forward to hearing about many more of your adventures in the future.

Joe R wrote
There are times when someone will bring up a subject that might be considered "off topic". I do like to pursue those, out of the way, paths to see where they might lead. That would be why I pursued the Jericho theme when Roy first brought it up in connection with Atlantis in the Calalus topic.

If someone finds that conversation not worth continuing, or not of interest to them, they can just drop out......much like Roy did.
I "dropped out" because I was under the impression that you did not wish to continue the discussion, not because it is not of interest to me. In such discussions I feel very much at a disadvantage as the majority of my own books are not available to me and have to work from memory (never 100% trustworthy) or what is online, at our local library etc so a detailed debate over the findings of Kathleen Kenyon, would be entirely a one-way affair. Also I recently undertook a project (unrelated) which has taken up rather a lot of my free time, so my apologies for that.

I am also one of the folks guilty of derailing topics, like I just did - so my apologies for that habit and for this instance.

Oroblanco
"We must find a way, or we will make one." --Hannibal Barca
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Roy,

I suppose the problem, for me, is that I am easily diverted from subjects like Atlantis and Calalus when real history is injected into the conversation. When we discuss conclusions that are based on (probable) fiction and fable, there is not that much, in my opinion, to talk about. I have researched both topics just about as far as one can go, and haven't found much (any) solid evidence for either story.

Take care,

Joe
SGnAZ
Greenhorn

Post by SGnAZ »

No more 3861?
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Steve,

As long as sponsors can be found, 3861 will survive......

Hope all is well.

Joe
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Joe R wrote
3861 will survive...
What is 3861? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Roy,

I assumed it had something to do with Atlantis, so I entered "Atlantis 3861" in my search engine and took a little tour. Probably something to do with Stargate.

Take care,

Joe
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Joe Ribaudo wrote:Roy,

I assumed it had something to do with Atlantis, so I entered "Atlantis 3861" in my search engine and took a little tour. Probably something to do with Stargate.

Take care,

Joe
Aha! Stargate! It is about "reality" then! :mrgreen: :lol:
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Joe, I was just picking on you, no harm no foul.

Sarge, that is correct. I spent almost 4 years at that store and the last two trying to get promoted. You can only be passed up for a promotion so many times before you need to "expand your horizons". I need to find a less stressful job anyway, that place was giving me grey hairs :lol: I did a lot with the company, learned a lot and did a ton of extra projects. It was worth it and I'll be a much better manager at my next job.

Thanks for the well wishes all, and if I run for pres I'll let you know Paul. It would be an honor to have your vote.

BTW 3861 is the store number of the Wal-Mart I was working at and has nothing to do with Atlantis :lol: :lol: :lol:
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

"Joe, I was just picking on you, no harm no foul."

It didn't bother me in the least. On the other hand, many a truth has been uttered in jest. :)

Since we were talking about Atlantis, I just assumed you were following the thread. :lol:
You have to admit, if you google it, that's one hell of a coincidence. 8O

Take care,

Joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

That is wild for sure. Who knew? I've been reading the threads here off and on, but haven't been following them closely. There is a lot going on between you all and Klondike that I'm not keeping up on.

I am looking forward to the Rendezvous this year though. It's always an enjoyable experience.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

we can deny the past...clearly evidence of historic occupations, skills, technology, is finite...hubris suggest we ignore what we don't understand, or have forgetton...

example...today PBS ran a piece on the terra cotta army in china...
the last few minutes of the program...scientists attempting to identify the origins of the purple paints and chinese glass ....using an electro magnet....found that an increase in the power of the magnet compelled the paint sample to begin vibrating out of the three demensions...into two seperate but equal vibrations...not a scientist, and not even sure what they were talking about...except the theory now has scientists pondering the use of two magnets in one?
mag trains were used ans an example...

anyway..the chinese, great keepers of their own science and knowledge base..had discovered and lost this skill level two thousand years ago...

change is the only constant....
memory is fleeting.