Tip Top mine for sale

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
djui5
Expert

Tip Top mine for sale

Post by djui5 »

Wow this is cool! I inquired but doubt I'll be able to buy it:

http://prescott.craigslist.org/reo/1535903162.html
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Somehiker
Part Timer

Re: Tip Top mine for sale

Post by Somehiker »

That is neat,Randy.I saved the link for later,but did read to this point.........
"It took Bill about a week to make the long trip to Prescott and return, but when he showed up he had a grin on his face like a quarter moon. "Hell’s bells Jack," he exclaimed, "we’re rich! That damn surface rock ran like a house afire. Three of them samples ran around a thousand ounces, and not one of ‘em less than five hundred."

Jack was elated, "Did you bring anything to celebrate on?" he asked.

"Yer darn tootin’" replied Bill. "I got a bottle of Old Crow and half a dozen bottles of beer. And," he continued virtuously, "I never touched ‘em on the way out."

"Dig out the Old Crow right now, and pull the cork," cried Jack, dancing around excitedly, "We’ll wet our whistles to the Old Tip Top."

Jack and Bill had their celebration and then went to work opening the mine and pilling up the rich ore. The deeper they went the better it looked."

It's been sitting on a shelf downstairs since about 1975,and I had to go down and have a look.It wasn't "Old Crow",rather "Old Grandad",but it ain't been cracked yet.Like Jack and Bill,maybe I'll save it for the "BIG DAY".

http://lawclothes.com/bourbon/thereview ... eview.html

I haven't ever tried this brand,and it ain't no 16 year old A. H. Hirsch Reserve,but if it's only a silver mine,like that one out near Iron Mountain that them guys wasted three years of busted knuckles on,what the heck.Might make a great aftershave and it's probably good as an octane booster too.

Regards:SH