Past History

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Past History

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ben,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't watch CNN and I stopped believing anything you wrote, when you didn't fax or email me the signature from the Sims Ely book or letter. It's something you said you would do, and it would have given nothing away, except to prove that at least one thing you wrote was the truth.

It's been down hill from there. :(

Take care,

Joe
klondike
Part Timer

The Book

Post by klondike »

Mr. Ribaudo,

I believe the book you are referencing has a comment that I have always felt says far more than folks realize.

"In Jim`s last years, he used to say, "Hunting the Dutchman is not for old men. Nor for old prospectors who sit on park benches in our western towns--still filled with hope,exaggeration, specimens and nicotine. They must step aside and let the younger generation hunt the Dutchman, chew their own tobacco, tell their own lies and buy or steal their specimens. Someone, someday, will fit the parts together more successfully than we have done. Good luck to him!" Page 190, "The Lost Dutchman Mine", Sims Ely author, London Edition.

Yes indeed someone, someday will fit the parts together.

What you inquired about is in the hands of someone who is today fitting the parts together.

That was Dad`s wish.

Happy Holidays to you and yours and may God Bless.

Klondike
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

There's Always Something.........

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ben,

"What you inquired about is in the hands of someone who is today fitting the parts together."

There always seems to be something standing in the way of your doing what you say, or have said you will do..........always. If I were to enumerate the times you have broken your word, It would be very long list indeed.

I would like to believe it has all been done with a purpose, and not just the results of boredom with your life. Along those lines, you do seem to pick up the pace when school's.........out, sorta speak. Considering your profession, the book thingie seems like as good a purpose as any. Many ideas are floated on these types of forums to gauge how they will be accepted and to sow the seeds of believability in the forthcoming book.

Beyond that, it's a wonderful way to gather additional factual and fictional details for inclusion. If that's the case, I wish you all the luck in the world. On the other hand, I won't be making the trip to "OZ" anytime soon.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo