FAMILY AND FRIENDS

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

FAMILY AND FRIENDS

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

One of the hardest things over the years, for me, has been the times I have had to watch a family member or friend die. It's been more times than I want to remember.

Watching this Forum die does not approach those feelings, but it is none the less difficult.

There are many friends who still look in on this site, but no longer post. Only a few are trying to get a thread going. Many of those friends have gone to Peter's site. Can't say that I blame them. Even Jessie is posting over there. :lol: Says something for a moderated forum....... :roll:

I have made many friends on this site....and maybe a few enemies. The friends will be with me for life, the enemies have already forgotten me. I got the best part of the deal. :)

Joe Ribaudo
TJHunter
Greenhorn

Post by TJHunter »

JR,

We haven't forgotten you Joe, and we all love ya dude.

I sense a little sadness and self pity in you.

One thing you still have to look forward to Joe is I'll be here with you for life you can bet that!

So I guess were friends still?
I hope so.

I'll bring my Quad to this years rendezvous so we can ride.
Oh, I don't own a quad so can I ride with you?

See now we're still buddies you me and that old Blind guy your best friend the Bowman!

I'm sure all of us will be at the gathering of old timers this fall.
Hope to see ya there!

Take care buddy and keep the faith Joe life's to short.

Tj Hunter

(Tom)
TC ASKEY
Part Timer

Post by TC ASKEY »

Tj Hunter,

All you need to do is go back to Broke Back Mountain where you belong.

Terry
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

THE GOOD AND THE BAD...

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

TJ,

I came on this Forum five years ago with high expectations. All of them were met and exceeded. I learned a great deal about the Superstitions and the history of the Southwest as a bonus.

In those five years I have always done everything I could to keep the conversations flowing, new....and interesting. Some got it, and others didn't.

Receiving high praise from some and the scorn of others, I often crossed the line in both directions. Sometimes good and sometimes downright awful.

For me, that just reflects life in general. The important thing is to recognize when you are crossing those (sometimes slightly blurred) lines.
When those times arise, how a person handles the situation often shows their true nature.

While I usually recognized those occasions, I did not always handle them as well as I should have. I have (mostly) admitted those failures, apologized to the Forum in general, and to individuals as well. Some accepted that with grace.....others, not so gracefully. :)

As, I believe, you have been here much longer than your eight (?) posts indicate, you would know that I have defended friends and strangers, as well as those who percieved themselves to be my enemies. I believe I was sincere each and evry time.

The members here either loved me or hated me.....I doubt any were indifferent. In both cases I have added to the conversation, which is what any forum is about.

Except for a short period while I was trying to return the Forum to common ground, I have alway placed my name at the bottom of my posts.

"I sense a little sadness and self pity in you."

You are correct about the sadness....but dead wrong about the "self pity".

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
eldorado
Part Timer

The Forum

Post by eldorado »

Hello Mr. Ribaudo,

There are moments in time when speaking to those of the present is not as important as speaking to those in the future. That is the truly important forum. One day the true history of those mountains will be written. What is being spoken today will only be a footnote to the mystery that encompasses all that are part of the dialogue.

I believe that history will speak well of you. The Trail Maps are the only valid clue left to the location of the mystery. And even that clue has a lot of wonderful graffitti that keeps its mystery safe. You see the trail maps were always the one wild card it was difficult to control. Some in Texas who know what the Trail Maps are all about still to this day long to understand that mystery, not the Gold, the mystery.

You have held on to that evidence for many years. Far longer than others who have come and simply been distracted to the truth of the moment.

There are many LDM`s in the Superstitions, it was designed that way. It is importent to the mystery that each moment be celebrated as the truth. As that truth emerges the truth of the mystery hides in the shadow until its time will come. Then all of the truths will be seen for what they are simply trails designed to create circles within circles.

The ancient Greeks had a word for truth, they called it Aleathia. For them truth was a process of a constantly emerging being with the withdrawal of what is. That play is carried out everyday in the Superstitions. It is importent it is carried out.

You have saw deeper into those mountains than most, never let that go, it is what seperates the men from the herd. Of course going down such a trail is sometimes lonely. The herd on the other hand only knows the reality of the moment. Cherish that and never let it go.

By the way we were all in Las Vegas last week. Had quite the time. If you haven`t caught, "Phantom of the Opera" at the Venetian, try to do so it is quite the show.

Take Care,

E.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Really don't think there are more than a dozen people posting either way on the forums combined. The views run similar, so maybe it is a case of apathy all the way around. I think a lot of people left and just gave up posting regardless of how many forums there are.

The thing that is difficult for me is I remember a thread and between the edited LDM posts and my deleted posts the flow is missing and I try to remember if there was a valid point or we just blew smoke.

I miss the humor most of all. If you are not having fun doing something, than it is usually a chore.

I will do what I do, because it is what I choose.

In the end I picked up a good partner to hike with and some good friends to remember.

After all is said and done, I had fun and will continue to do so.

What more can you ask for.................
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

+1
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
TJHunter
Greenhorn

Post by TJHunter »

Shame on you TC,

We all know you love the holey crap out of that show.

Now have a little good feeling for your old friend Joe and don't be so hard on his old saddle sore cowboy ways.

TC, we all know you just can't quit him so be polite and take what's a coming to ya.

Strawberry field's forever.

You take care now TC.

We'll be a seeing ya at the Rendezvous this year.

Bye for now,

TJ
TC ASKEY
Part Timer

Strawberry Fields

Post by TC ASKEY »

TJHunter,

Any field in Strawberry works just fine for me. If only the rest of you guys that live in the " Land of the Brown Cloud " could be as lucky!!

Terry
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Hi TJ....

Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
TJHunter
Greenhorn

Post by TJHunter »

"Brown Cloud"

Was an Apache War Chief that lived on the sacred Mountain in the Broken Back mountain district of Tar Hole county. He rode his pink horse Sam naked and was always seen camping around the young braves.

His tribe said he would never "Quit Them" so he became famous known as "Pinky the Brown Cloud the Apache War Chief that never quits you".

TJ