Enjoyable Time

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
novice
Expert

Enjoyable Time

Post by novice »

I was envious of everyone who managed to attend the previous Rendezvous’. I have been involved with the Lost Dutchman for a couple of years now but had never been fortunate enough to meet anyone personally. My wife and I managed to meet 4 individuals (Bernice McGee, Joe and Carolyn Ribaudo and Greg Davis) on a recent trip and they were the most gracious people you will ever meet. Hopefully we can extend that circle in the future.

Bernice along with her husband Jack wrote several articles in the 60’ and 70’s regarding the Superstitions. They corresponded with numerous LDM related individuals in that time period and Bernice shared some of that correspondence. (Barney Barnard, Clarence and Grace Mitchell, Milton Rose, Charles Higham, Hugh D’Autremont, Jonathan Burbridge, Walter Armantrout, Glen MaGill, Doc Rosecrans, Al Reser, etc.)

Joe and Carolyn made room for us at a very difficult time and in a busy schedule. Joe lost his father, a few days previous, but we were invited to their home and spent the afternoon and evening with them before driving back to Quartzite. They couldn’t have been more accommodating!

We also spent several hours with Greg on two different days. What an unbelievable collection and what a host. He was trying to get his camping equipment cleaned up after a recent trip into the Superstitions but he patiently helped us gather information and volunteered things that we might be interested in. We spent over three hours at Staples copying documents from his collection. He shared the background on several documents which in many cases was as interesting and useful as the document itself.

We had a chance to make ourselves known to another individual and I’m still kicking myself! We had just walked out of the Goldfield Museum and were going up the street when someone called out, “I see you bought Wilburn’s books.” It was Ron Feldman. I was not sure how closely he follows the forum and I wasn’t sure he would even know who Novice was, so I simply mumbled something and continued on. A missed opportunity!

Thanks to all for the hospitality and we can only hope to repay your generosity in some small way.

Thanks, Garry and Carol
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Friends

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Gary and Carol,

Thank you for the kind words, but it was our pleasure meeting the two of you, and our visit was much too short.

Any Dutch Hunter who has not paid a visit to Greg Davis' LDM Candy Store, is missing.....the boat, so to speak. :lol:

Sounds like Bernice McGee was very gracious to share the information that she and her husband had gathered. I would bet she is a live wire, and probably nicer than apple pie.

Next time the two of you want to escape your winter wonderland, the Ribaudo home is always open.

Our best to you both,

Joe and Carolyn