Experience the Lost Dutchman's Mine in New PC Game!

Non LDM treaure hunting and Old West history.
GameDevBrit

Experience the Lost Dutchman's Mine in New PC Game!

Post by GameDevBrit »

Hey guys!

I posted on these forums earlier in the year. I'm an Arizona native, and have been a huge fan of the Legend of the Lost Dutchman's Mine for as long as I can remember. My team and I have developed an adventure game for the PC loosely based around the story!

It is now available for purchase, and can be mailed directly to your doorstep. If you enjoy computer games, adventures, puzzles, and the story of the Lost Dutchman's Mine, you might just enjoy our newest game.

Feel free to take a look at our website at www.alemmo.com to see more about the game.

If you'd like to order the game and play it for yourself, please feel free to visit our online store at:

http://store.himalayaforums.com/

We've also got some beautiful artwork for sale on the site, depicting the Superstition range, as well as some great, Western themed music.

If you'd like to hear more about the storyline of the game, please just read below!

"Al Emmo is a work of fiction, although it is based loosely on the real life legend of The Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine. This authentic tale of mystery involves a German prospector named Jacob Waltz, later oddly referred to as "The Dutchman." According to history, a Mexican family by the name Peralta had claim to a rich gold mine located in the Superstition Mountain range. After the Peralta's were massacred by the savage Apache Indians, Waltz took ownership of the mine and often visited town showing off his excavated wealth. While on his deathbed, Waltz revealed hints to a dear friend as to the location of the mine, yet even after all this time, the mine's official location remains a mystery.

Al Emmo is a stranger in an even stranger place. Being middle aged and still single, Al makes an incredible journey from New York to the Wild West in an attempt to make his parents proud and bring home a bride. Arriving at the run down train station in the dead end town of Anozira, Al is disappointed to see he's been rejected by his would-be mail-order bride. Not wanting to disappoint his parents with an empty handed return home, and seeing that there is no return train for a week, Al sets out on a mission to find a bona fide woman to call his own.

Al sets his sights on one of the few eligible and respectable women in town, the buxom and beautiful saloon singer, Miss Rita Peralto. Having nearly every man in town after her, Rita is skeptical of the typical male's proclamation of affection and is definitely hard to get. Additionally, her late parents left her with the family home, which she will soon lose due to her financial state. She is working hard to keep afloat and has little energy for flippant men. Al has his work cut out for him, convincing Rita that he is the man worthy of her attention and trust.

To make things all the more futile, Antonio Bandana, a strapping and debonair royal from Spain has arrived in the town of Anozira as well. Unfortunately, he has also set his sights on wooing the attractive bar singer.

Under these circumstances, Al's quest for Rita's affections begins. As he travels through the land of Anozira, Al slowly starts learning more about the town, Rita, and his royal rival. In addition to delving a bit into Antonio's private life (in an attempt to discredit him), Al also learns valuable information about the past of Rita's family and the lost treasures her father was attempting to locate.

Through thorough investigation and interaction with both the town's population and the local indian tribe, Al ultimately locates the mine, which doesn't just contain the fabled lost gold, but also the truth about the disappearance of Rita's father..."

If you do play, I hope you enjoy the game, and please visit us at www.himalayaforums.com and let us know what you thought:)

Thanks! And Long Live the adventure of the Lost Dutchman's Mine!
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

gamedebrit...hi i sure dont want to pee in your cornflakes ,but by sheer coincidence today i noticed that the game you mention is free to download on alt.binaries4e on newsgroups..no doubt that its illegal to do it but dont worry i for 1 wont be dloading it im too old for games.....methinks you might need some copy protection on it, although i guess the whiz kids sooon finfd a way to unlock . good luck
Don update your email address