CALALUS

Non LDM treaure hunting and Old West history.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Re: CALALUS

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ben,

I have no problem with people not believing my brother and I found those two monuments up on the ridge. I have no proof.

On the other hand, I hired a helicopter to fly me over the area, but he wouldn't get close enough to the ground for me to see if the monuments were still there. A few years later, I spent more than an hour flying in a helicopter very close to to the top of the ridge, where I took many pictures.......no monuments to be found. Later I took a team of seven men onto the ridge from the north end, near the spring with the bees, and we spent the day exploring the top........no monuments.

While I have no evidence that the monuments ever existed, I do have a great deal of evidence of where I searched and when those searches took place......And you? :)

Take care,

Joe
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

"I was taught much the same as you have posted, that the Ice Age ended in a very gradual manner, probably barely perceptible to people living in the time. However in recent years the 'catastrophism' camp has been increasing and the evidence accumulated from ice cores, ancient meltwater floods etc point to a dramatic and rapid ending for the last Ice Age rather than the gradual incremental way which has long been accepted. The argument is hardly settled and I am sure that our debate will not serve to settle the matter for the academic community. Paleoclimatology is a relatively new science so we are apt to see new 'facts' in our lifetime; just remember not so long ago the experts insisted that the Black Sea had never been a lake with a valley full of people, destroyed by a massive flood due to the breakthrough of the Mediterranean through the Bosporus."

I believe the major impetus for the "catastrophism" theories may have come from studies done at the University of Miami back around 1975. Early on, there seemed to be serious flaws in their methodology, but that may have been addressed in more recent research.

The questions raised concerning that "science" seemed logical and sound and they are discussed in "Atlantis: Fact Or Fiction?" in the last chapter. That book is from 1978, so I many be going on dated material. The changes brought about by modern scientific research are fast and furious. Since those arguments were based on physical evidence and not theories, you would think they are still relevant.

I should look into something a little fresher, to continue the discussion. It seems, as I get older, my information tends to do the same thing. :roll:

Thanks for your reply.

Take care,

Joe
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Hola amigos,
I am not going to post the full quotes I am replying to, with an eye to keeping the overall length of this post shorter.

<Ben wrote>
<snip>I would keep in mind that Joe has never presented any proof the monuments ever existed. So we should consider the existence of those monuments as only conjecture much as Atlantis unless you relax the burden of proof on Joe. Of course an objective historian would repeal from such a course of action.

Assuming they did exist I would take up their demise with Starman. I believe he and his associates can answer for that.<snip>
Lode deposits of the three most common types are classed by the depths they formed at, not by the age of the deposit. Hence a Tertiary vein could be epithermal, hypothermal or mesothermal, as could a Quaternary or any other time period and doubtless new veins are being formed as we debate this topic. As for a lack of placers in the Superstitions, one look at the mountains will tell you that they have not always been dry desert, and we know that in ancient times the southwest was had a considerably more 'wet' climate. Placers can only form where a lode gold deposit once existed so we should not expect to see many placers in the Superstitions for there are few known lodes.

I have never seen the monuments reported by our mutual friend Joe, but do know that other old monuments have been removed and altered, while others have been created which are the work of folks with time on their hands just having fun. So it is well within the realm of possibility that monuments may have been where he claims they were. By comparison, again all we have to indicate there ever was a Calalus are those enigmatic lead artifacts, no ruins, underground rooms, metal plates or surviving descendants with the DNA to prove it. You and your associates have introduced all of those elements to the Calalus story, without providing evidence that any of it exists. I would like to ask why you suggest 'Starman' may have relevant information on Ruth, and-or any monuments which may have existed but which were later removed? Thank you in advance,

<Joe wrote>
<snip>I should look into something a little fresher, to continue the discussion. It seems, as I get older, my information tends to do the same thing.
I don't think anyone could keep on top of all the discoveries that are made, and it appears to me there is no concensus on whether the last Ice Age ended abruptly or very gradually. The oldest 'believers' in catastrophism were the bible-thumpers who took the Old Testament absolutely literally, in spite of all evidence to the contrary (even passages in the same testament that state things are being told allegorically, such as 'with the lord a day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years is as a day' etc) so the theory had negative connotations in the view of many in academia for a long time. I think you are correct about the first to take the theory seriously, and about the flaws in their methodology.

<Pippinwhitepaws wrote>
Thank you amigo for the article, I especially loved this part:

The lost city even was proclaimed found when people searching Google Earth spotted lines resembling a city street grid in the ocean off the coast of Africa. Google squelched the revelation when it explained the lines actually were left by a boat collecting data.

Sound reason to be cautious when making conclusions about strange or unusual finds.
Oroblanco
"We must find a way, or we will make one." --Hannibal Barca
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Pip,

Just another theory for now, but what about Ireland?

[According to Rainer Kühne, a German physicist, satellite photos of southern Spain suggest that the "island" of Atlantis was in fact a region of the southern Spanish coast that was destroyed by a flood between 800 B.C. And 500 B.C.

"These satellite photos show rectangular structures and concentric circles that match very well with Plato's description of the palaces and the city of Atlantis," said Kühne, whose research was reported in the journal Antiquity.

But Ulf Erlingsson, a Swedish geographer, believes Plato combined elements from different times and places in the background description for his utopia. The distribution of the Atlantean empire seems to match that of the megaliths (large rough stone monuments) in Western Europe and North Africa. The geographic description of the island Atlantis, he suggests, is based on an island that is still standing today—Ireland.

"Just like Atlantis, Ireland is 300 miles [480 kilometers] long, 200 miles [320 kilometers] wide, and features a central plain that is open to the sea," said Erlingsson, the author of Atlantis From a Geographer's Perspective: Mapping the Fairy Land.

"I have looked at geographical data of the whole world. Of the 50 largest islands, Ireland is the only one that matches Plato's description of the landscape," he added.]

Stefan Lovgren
For National Geographic News
August 19, 2004

Atlantis has more I found its than the LDM.

Joe Ribaudo
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Joe wrote
Atlantis has more I found its than the LDM.
That is a fact! In this instance, the ancient site in Spain may really be quite a different 'lost city' - Tartessus, which was destroyed in that time period and was located in the same general area. It is the 'Tarshish' of the O.T.

Plato tells us enough info in his two dialogues to ID the correct place, that 200 x 300 miles size does not quite reach the land area given elsewhere in his text, as can be calculated from the allotments of horses, warriors, chariots etc. Needless to say, most of the places proposed as Atlantis do not even approach the correct dimensions (eg South America, Antartica etc) much less many of the other descriptive points. With Ireland there are some problems such as elephants; were some type of pachyderms present there circa 11,000-12,000 years ago?

***Side question here, but for some reason I keep getting 'bumped' off the forum - is there a setting that I can change so that I don't have to sign back in every so often, I would like to leave it signed in for the evening while I am at the PC. Thank you in advance,
Roy
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Whoops that one sentence should read "Tartessus is one and the same with the Tarshish of the O.T." rather than what I posted, which implies that I am taking the position that the new site discovered in Spain IS Tarshish, which is quite possible but not yet proven.
Roy
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ben,

"I would keep in mind that Joe has never presented any proof the monuments ever existed. So we should consider the existence of those monuments as only conjecture much as Atlantis unless you relax the burden of proof on Joe. Of course an objective historian would repeal from such a course of action.

Assuming they did exist I would take up their demise with Starman. I believe he and his associates can answer for that."

The only person who was with me, and saw the monuments, was my brother. I could present him to vouch for their being on the ridge, but I doubt he would be believed either. By the mouths of two the truth will be established, is goog enough for the writers of the Bible, but I would not be offended if that was not good enough for you, or even others.

I once made up a story and posted it in TreasureNet. It was historically and geographically correct, but was pure fiction. At the end of the story, I posted that I had made it up to demonstrate how stories and maps could be made believable by someone with a fair grasp on history and the topography of Superstitions. It was a pretty good story, and I even included a few pictures, if I remember correctly.

I have never needed to lie or even stretch the truth about what I have done and seen in the mountains. Only people who make up fantastic yarns need to do that. My stuff is simply mundane reality. I have produced proof for what I have found and seen. It has been freely posted in a number of places, although it wasn't very well received over on DUSA.

I will be happy to compare my posts on this Forum to all of yours, for truthfulness and instances of proof.

Does anyone, other than you, know who "Starman" is?

Take care,

Joe
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Joe wrote
I once made up a story and posted it in TreasureNet. It was historically and geographically correct, but was pure fiction. At the end of the story, I posted that I had made it up to demonstrate how stories and maps could be made believable by someone with a fair grasp on history and the topography of Superstitions. It was a pretty good story, and I even included a few pictures, if I remember correctly.
I thought it was even a bit TOO good; the historical points you included could be checked out as fact, and I suspect that more than one person who read it does not believe it was a work of fiction. You may have missed your calling amigo, you could have done historical fiction for dollars and perhaps not had to work so hard. For that matter, it is never too late while one still draws breath. (hint hint, nudge, nudge)
Roy
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Roy has told us:

Lode deposits of the three most common types are classed by the depths they formed at, not by the age of the deposit. Hence a Tertiary vein could be epithermal, hypothermal or mesothermal, as could a Quaternary or any other time period and doubtless new veins are being formed as we debate this topic. As for a lack of placers in the Superstitions, one look at the mountains will tell you that they have not always been dry desert, and we know that in ancient times the southwest was had a considerably more 'wet' climate. Placers can only form where a lode gold deposit once existed so we should not expect to see many placers in the Superstitions for there are few known lodes.

Hello Everyone,

At tip of the hat to Pippenwhitepaws for posting about the special on Atlantis. Absolutely fascinating.

Hello Roy,

Excellent post. Where were we. My point regarding Tertiary deposits is that because of the Geologic age we are talking about(recent) and the fact that many are found in Volcanic rocks they tend to be epithermal. Deposits found in say the Appalachian tend to be Hypothermal because the exposed rocks of the Appalachian are basically the cores of ancient mountain chains. In California one finds a real mess. Overall and I say that with real reservations we ae dealing with mesothermal gold deposits because the metamorphic rocks, where most of the deposits exists were formed at considerable depth.

Your point about the Superstitions is well taken. The past was far more damp than it is today. And the lack of placer deposits is well known. However it does not follow that the lack of placers indicates a lack of significant gold deposit. It all depends on significant water action in the area of the deposit and really what is far more relevent in the Superstitions is that the deposit may only have a limited surface exposure and is still basically in place. For example one of the largest gold/silver deposits in the world was an epithermal deposit that had only its very cap exposed. Settlers by passed the deposits for years and continued onward to California and simply passed it by. Only when one day a group of settlers panned in a small stream and got a bit of color did they eventually work their ways up the Canyon. It took them it seems about two years to eventually work their way to the crest of the mountain and the deposit they found had essientially no placer associated with it. That being the famous Comstock Lode in Virginia City, Nevada.

Your point about placers can only form where significant lode deposits exist is challenged by the beach deposits in Nome, Alaska, and more significantly the Rand Deposits of South African. The Rand is essientially an ancient placer deposit formed in an Alluvial fan. The source of the Gold has been hotly debated but I would argue it was formed by biological action. Biology was simply put the most important factor in the largest placer deposit in the world.

Are there significant Gold deposits in the Superstitions. Yes. Are they known. It really depends on who you talk to and I may say most of the folks involved in all of this aren`t talking.

Then again what do I know the real expert, like Elvis has left the building. I would say the gold deposit he is developing is far greater than anything in the Superstitions. But that is another situation all together.

Respectfully,

B
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Ben wrote
Your point about placers can only form where significant lode deposits exist is challenged by the beach deposits in Nome, Alaska, and more significantly the Rand Deposits of South African.
I think you may be mis-interpreting what I said; I said that a placer can only form from a lode (in essence) and the Nome beach deposits, a place I have spent some time and know of the controversy about its true origins, had to have eroded from an original lode which may well be utterly destroyed today, much as the Red Mountain platinum placers seem to have no apparent lode origin. The geologists are still puzzling over those. Placers do not form out of the air nor from any other source than from an original host rock that then eroded away.

A hypothermal lode vein is less likely to form a significant placer and may not form one at all; in Arizona there are a number of lode gold deposits which did not form significant placers or none at all, and conversely there are placers which have no apparent lode which produced them. However all placers have been "born" by being eroded out of the host rock.

As for how this relates to the Superstitions, it is more likely that an epithermal lode would have produced a detectable placer than either a meso- or hypothermal vein, due to its being formed closer to the surface and thus more readily eroded away and exposed by natural weathering and upheaval/landslide etc.

For our readers, the whole 'tempest in a teacup' we are having here over epithermal versus hypothermal vs mesothermal may appear un-important, but it does have a bearing on the LDM. Rightfully this part of our discussion more properly belongs in the LDM forum, and I remain un-convinced that it has any bearing on the topic here which is Calalus, to which has been linked (not proven) Atlantis as well.
Roy
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Roy,

Fast moving topic. Hard to keep up with the posts.

Your point about the deposits in Nome Alaska are well taken. I must admit I would prefer to believe that placer deposits can only exist as the direct result of gold bearing deposits simply eroding but the older I get the foggier the link becomes. Sometimes I believe the Rand colors too much of my thinking.

An epithermal deposit in theory would seem to create placer deposits more easily than say the others but in the field large placer deposits are formed from all type of deposits if water action or in some cases wind action is available in signficant quantities.

Anyway have a good evening, I am beat.

I will address Starman and the Monuments later.

Perhaps Heidi can give us her opinion. :lol:

B
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

HEY Ben! Same to you! (Hoping you have a great evening, that is!)

Thank you Ben , Joe and Pip <and all other contributors> for the interesting discussion, one that actually forces the brain cells to spark a bit rather than their usual lazing around up there.

Guess I will sign off too, have a little project to catch up on. I wish you all a very good evening and thanks again,
Roy
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ben,

Heidi drowned in my mom's pool a couple of years ago. Maybe she can team up with Late and the two of them can figure out how to get in touch with us. She was a very smart pup.

Take care,

Joe
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Joe,

Sorry to hear about your pet. My reference was to Heidi that use to post on this site.

Sometimes I think without our canine friends the world would be a far more barren place.

Respectfully,

B
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Roy and Ben,

"Your point about placers can only form where significant lode deposits exist is challenged by the beach deposits in Nome, Alaska, and more significantly the Rand Deposits of South African."

Are you discounting glacier deposits? Since I don't know $#!t about rocks, that question may be off the wall.....somewhat.

Joe
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Joe,

Your question is a good one. I know that in Canada there have been efforts to backtrack and find gold deposits that Glaciers dumped many miles from the primary outcrop. Imagine it is a very difficult and time consuming effort.

I had a friend who years ago was looking for a kimberlite pipe that a glacier literally cut the top off and took diamonds for who knows how far. They were finding diamonds in small quantities but could not find the original pipe. I would bet the original deposit is still covered and the glacier has still not receded far enough to expose it.

Fascinating process. Really goes to prove that gold is where you find it. I am reminded of what Maclaren said in a paper from 1908:

" Auriferous veins or deposits may be of any form, may occur in any rock, and may have received their gold from various sources. Particular classifications based on obviously adventitious characters, as similarity of form of deposit, or identity of matrix or of associated minerals, can therefore serve no useful purpose, either scientific or economic. Such classifications have been current for many years. Some have certainly been suggestive, but the majority have helped the miner and prospector not a whit, and have proved a source of confusion and embarrassment to the student"

Respectfully,

B
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Joe wrote
Are you discounting glacier deposits?
No - the gold picked up by glaciers still had to be first deposited into a rock host, then later removed. Gold does not spontaneously form placers out of the aqueous solutions it was dissolved in, in order to form a placer it had to start 'life' by being deposited out of solution in host rock. The host rock may well be utterly destroyed, or the gold carried away hundreds of miles by glacier etc but when it was first put into a solid form it was in rock.

Comparisons to the Rand district are not a good case I would think, as the Rand deposit is almost unique in the world; at least one geologist proposed that it is in fact a paleo-placer which was then encased in igneous rock. There is a story that the first geologist brought to look at the deposit by a prospector, refused to even dismount from his mule as he could tell by looking at it that 'gold never occurs in such rock'. (Paraphrasing) There are ancient placers here in the Black hills as well, but again the gold in these very ancient (millions of years old) placers first had to form in a lode which was then eroded away. Fascinating subject which science is still learning and important to our civilization.

Roy
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ben,

We have a situation here that might be considered to be "adventitious". There are some claims that a local club has here, which are rolling hills, washes and flat desert. The gold is found with drywashers, and metal detectors. A nugget may be found in any of the above locations. It is usually solitary, with no other pieces of gold around it. They are all sizes and I have seen one bigger than my entire thumb. Interesting claims.

Take care,

Joe
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Roy,

I understand what you are saying, but gold is where you find it. Sometimes you may find it on top of a hill, with no outcropping close enough to create a placer in that spot. You know it had a source, but how did it go uphill?

Could this piece go uphill?

I doubt it, but.......

Take care,

Joe
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Hola amigo Joe <and everyone reading this>,

<you wrote>
I understand what you are saying, but gold is where you find it. Sometimes you may find it on top of a hill, with no outcropping close enough to create a placer in that spot. You know it had a source, but how did it go uphill?

Could this piece go uphill?
Ordinarily I have to say no, but it is POSSIBLE, however unlikely. Very pretty ore BTW. I know we had a similar debate with another online friend who insisted that all gold lodes have placers associated with them which is not the case any more than all placers have lodes near them, not so long ago.

The most common way for rock of any kind to move uphill that I can think of is by glacial action, second way would be by geologic uplift which would tend to lift all the rock. In the second case, a smallish piece MIGHT be carried uphill by the adjacent rock making an uplift, and result in a similar result to what the geologists call "glacial erratics". If that was detached from the host and found as a separate piece, most prospectors would call it "float"; float can lead you to a host vein by tracing it back uphill/upstream but it can also lead you on wild goose chases due to glacial erratics, geologic fault line uplifts and/or horizontal movements, or worst of all human action as when someone finds an interesting piece of ore, carries it far from where he found it and either loses it or drops it intentionally.

Geologic uplift can result in finding gold in some very strange places; not far from where we live, you can find gold on the tops of mesas and hills. There are no lodes anywhere near them, and virtually no gold in any of the canyons or basins; the gold on the tops of the hills had been carried there by normal actions of water in very ancient times, as the hill tops and mesas were once the bottom of an inland sea but geologic uplift raised them, while the surrounding plains did not or were eroded away, leaving the puzzling gold deposits on the very tops of the hills.

Of course if that specimen was found in AZ, if we are to explain it by glacial action we have to wonder just when glaciers were covering the area, which would be quite some time.

Ben, I have Dr Glover's book handy here and as he is the only person to have ever done a scientific examination of the putative Dutchman ores I tend to give his statements some credence. All of the supposed Dutchman specimens were of Mesothermic class, none proved to be epithermic. While I disagree with his conclusion it is only a matter of degree (hypo-versus mesothermic) as neither his classification nor my own would be epithermal. I would recommend the book "The lost Dutchman Mine of Jacob Waltz, Part 1 The Golden Dream" (T.E. Glover, Phd,1998, Phoenix AZ) beginning page267. You are certainly welcome to continue to refer to the LDM as an epithermal type deposit as your prerogative, however I respectfully disagree and will not class it as such.

Sorry for yet another long-winded post, I get carried away very easily. Much of our discussion here appears to be quite off-topic, and for this I am partially responsible so have to apologize for that as well.
Roy
Roy
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Roy,

That piece of ore is from Rich Hill here in Arizona. The nuggets that are found on the clubs claims, was deposited there when one side of Crossman Peak liquified and flowed down onto the desert floor. There is a gold mine up there, so the peak was a good source.

As you say, the gold came from a deposit on the mountain. The gold from Rich Hill is still uncertain as to the source. There are theories, but no direct links that I have heard of.

Take care,

Joe
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Joe,

Your point is a good one. Gold is where you find it. As Maclaren has told us gold deposition is a complex process. Roy has told us:

Gold does not spontaneously form placers out of the aqueous solutions it was dissolved in, in order to form a placer it had to start 'life' by being deposited out of solution in host rock. The host rock may well be utterly destroyed, or the gold carried away hundreds of miles by glacier etc but when it was first put into a solid form it was in rock.

Is this statement true why yes it is in some instances. Is it true in every instance let`s see. Robert Boyle the famous Canadian Geologist indicated in his work "Gold", (1979 page 540), "has(Boyle) advocated a multiple hypotheses for the origin of placer gold...These considerations suggest that the gold of placers is of bother detrital and chemical origin...A recent and importent discovery concerning the origin of gold nuggets has been made by Watterson, Nishi, And Botinelly. They have observed that the spores of Bacillus cereus precipitate gold and that laboratory grown gold crystals around these spores and indistingushable from dodecacathedral gold crystals found in nature. There is a centuries-old tradition among placer miners that gold "grows" in placers. There is probably much truth in the adage".

I would suggest that Maclaren and Boyle are probably correct. That is gold precipitation has many causes and is only poorly understood. Some is obviously related to hard rock deposits others it seem are not so clear. I remember years ago working with an associate on the Colorado River and encountered a significant placer deposit. How it got there is a real mind bender. At the end of the day what matters is what you put in your pocket.

Perhaps the answer lies in that gold is literally everywhere in small quantities. Once gold is mobilized by heat and pressure it can accumulate in Veins. Also there are biological factors that precipitate gold that have little or nothing to do with vein formation.

Hopefully this will help confuse a situation that seems to be clear.

Respectfully

B
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Roy,

Roy has told us:

Ben, I have Dr Glover's book handy here and as he is the only person to have ever done a scientific examination of the putative Dutchman ores I tend to give his statements some credence. All of the supposed Dutchman specimens were of Mesothermic class, none proved to be epithermic. While I disagree with his conclusion it is only a matter of degree (hypo-versus mesothermic) as neither his classification nor my own would be epithermal. I would recommend the book "The lost Dutchman Mine of Jacob Waltz, Part 1 The Golden Dream" (T.E. Glover, Phd,1998, Phoenix AZ) beginning page267. You are certainly welcome to continue to refer to the LDM as an epithermal type deposit as your prerogative, however I respectfully disagree and will not class it as such.

Perhaps the first step in such a dialogue is to examine Glover`s examination of the Dacite Question that he talks to on page 288-289.

Since the Goldfield Nevada deposit is central to his argument of establishing the possibility of gold deposits in the Superstitions. Lets take the time to look at that deposit. The Goldfield deposit is a epithermal deposit. Its main crystals are quartz, Sericite, Chlorite, CG/Mg/Fe Carbonates. Barite, Kaolinite, Alunite, Pyrite Sb-Compounds.,etc.

"Ashley (1974) interpretes the geology of the Goldfield district as a volcanic centre marked by a ring fracture that probably delineates a small caldera of Oligocene age". Boyle," The Geochemistry of Gold and its Deposits, Bulletin 280, 1979 Geological Survey of Canada"

What I am relying on here is the works of several Geologists. William Harvey Emmons,"Gold Deposits of the World" 1937. Boyle, and Ashley. In additon my own experience in the district confirms what these fine men have found. To me what is significant is the mine(Jumbo) was sunk on Dacite, latite, and Shale and found Gold in all three formations. It is obvious that the vein structure crosses a number of different rock types, Dacite, Latite and Shale. A major question that has always fascinated me is the gold deposition coeveal with each formation(lateral secretion) or was it introduced by gold in the Shale formation and deposited in all three formations.

What I am interested in is what do you believe the Goldfield Deposit tells us about possible Gold Deposits in the Superstitions? And why would someone use an epithermal deposit as a major discussion point if the argument is that the jewelry ore comes from a mesothermal deposit? Also in looking at how I have framed the discussion of the Goldfield Deposit it is easy to confirm the analysis and from the mineral suite determine if there is truth in the argument. Notice I do not use language such as similar. The language allows one to understand what Goldfield is all about, not what it isn`t.

This is only the first salvo in this discussion if you wish to proceed. All I ask of you is that you accept the possibilty we are dealing with a epithemal deposit. A epithemal deposit with high quartz crystallization temperatures.

Respectfully,

B
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Gentlemen:

A discussion of Starman and Joe`s monuments will offer no proof, it will only point to a way. Such a discussion will lead to the central mystery of Oz and the realization that the crystal deposit I have discussed is only one of two discovered by the ancients. The second deposit is for a lack of better word lost.

That deposit is incredibly dangerous.

If you would like to proceed with such a discussion please advise.

Respectfully,

B