CALALUS

Non LDM treaure hunting and Old West history.
klondike
Part Timer

Re: CALALUS

Post by klondike »

Hello Mr. Ribaudo,

Have to say that was a fascinating post you are referencing.

Whoever did that deserves a time out.

Close but no prize.

Not sure who Mr. Hibben is? A close friend of yours.

On another subject I am sure you knew there was a Toltec presence in Arizona very close to Oz, and other importent locations. Believe it is known in the popular literature as Snaketown.

Then again if one desires to understand the Superstitions one must stand in Eldorado Canyon and look out over a thousand years of history.

Odd some folks would have destroyed our, (your) monuments just for sport. Imagine there was far more to what was in the monuments than what they pointed to. Suspect they enjoyed their genuine copies of the last two trail maps. Perhaps not so genuine. They used them to dig holes all over Maliaipi.

Take Care,

Klondike
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ben,

"On another subject I am sure you knew there was a Toltec presence in Arizona very close to Oz, and other importent locations. Believe it is known in the popular literature as Snaketown."

Snaketown was Hohokam, not Toltec. If there was a connection, it was for trade.

If you are trying to make some kind of correlation between Hohokam, Toltec, Calalus and your disjointed rambling, why not just do it in plain English. I am familiar with all of those subjects, as well as Snaketown.

Joe Ribaudo
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Mr. Ribaudo.

My real name is Peter. I am not a local.

As far as Snaketown goes the original lease holders were the Toltecs and others. The recent tenants were as you pointed out different.

Seems the maps are getting a bit of attention these days. Just a day late and a dollar short as you said a long time ago.

Well what is important to us is in South Africa. Imagine the locals will put a Dairy Queen in Jake`s campsite.

Real shame if some very old sites are destroyed. Who knows what they will find in that area. 8O

Did you ever wonder if the Stone Maps were found in reverse order. That is the maps in the Monuments were replaced with copies and only later did the maps in the public view were discovered?

On well witches are are deceitful bunch. Suspect they are all gatekeepers.

Take Care,

Klondike
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Everyone,

Merry Christmas and may the stars shine brightly and keep each you safe.

Some interesting research being done on the Tucson Artifacts. Seems a few more have been uncovered. Suspect they were all created by witches. :lol:

Imagine a smart researcher might look at the inscriptions on the Latin Heart, the Commandment Stone, and the Tucson Artifacts. A fascinating pattern appears that only their creator would not have noticed. Of course the stress level at the time was a bit high with all the locals butchering each other.

One might say it is all about the stars. Then again folks now seemed to be impressed by talking crystals.

The Superstitions were always a disneyland for adults with everyone getting on their own ride.

Happy Holidays

Klondike
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

Merry Christmas - here's hoping for a wonderful 2011.
Paul
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

Merry Christmas
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

So, anything new?
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Randy,

Working a site in Eldorado Canyon that should lead us to another location in Southern Utah. Interesting markings in the hill above where we are digging. A starburst shaped like a spiral.

Once a well device is inserted in the middle of the spiral the sun points directly to where we are at.

Hope things are well with you.

Klondike
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

I've been looking for that starburst.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Randy,

If one follows the Salt River to a small canyon near Coronado Mesa, one will find several starbursts, spirals that lead up to the Mesa. Beneath one of the starbursts is a covered up cave that takes one to Oz.

At least one person stumbled into Oz many years ago using this entrance.

Rumour has it that the cave was sealed up with high explosives. Suspect the folks that did this also nailed a few monuments in the Superstitions.

Another starburst has a small opening beneath it that leads to a ledge with artifacts.

Often wondered why folks never looked a bit closer at the person responsible for naming Coronado Mesa. His background was well fascinating.

Enjoy your hikes and stay safe. A lot of crazy folks out there.

Klondike
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

A lot of crazy folks out there
Seems there always have been and always will be.

Arizona is looking better and better everyday - especially when waking up to -17F yesterday morning and piles of plowed snow too high to see over.
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

Ya don't say.I just cancelled my palm tree order for spring planting.I was really disappointed that the gals weren't likely to be wearing grass skirts by now,like this guy promised me...........SH.
Attachments
Freezing.jpg
Freezing.jpg (96.24 KiB) Viewed 28011 times
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

I hate to even ask what the weather's like in Canada Wayne!!! Maybe we can buy a duplex in AJ :)
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

CCCCCCCCCCold.
Not as much snow in the immediate area as you have in yours.
Everyone around us has tons of the stuff,but we have been lucky so far.A place to call home in AJ would be great.No snow shovels,and no lawnmowers.
A duplex for a winter home is actually a good idea if you and Connie are looking.Renting the other half could defray some of the expense.

Best:Wayne
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

klondike wrote:Hello Randy,

If one follows the Salt River to a small canyon near Coronado Mesa, one will find several starbursts, spirals that lead up to the Mesa. Beneath one of the starbursts is a covered up cave that takes one to Oz.

At least one person stumbled into Oz many years ago using this entrance.

Rumour has it that the cave was sealed up with high explosives. Suspect the folks that did this also nailed a few monuments in the Superstitions.

Another starburst has a small opening beneath it that leads to a ledge with artifacts.

Often wondered why folks never looked a bit closer at the person responsible for naming Coronado Mesa. His background was well fascinating.

Enjoy your hikes and stay safe. A lot of crazy folks out there.

Klondike
There's really only one main canyon off the Salt River that fits that description unless of course the cave and corresponding tunnel is a REALLY long one. Of course there are lots of side canyons leading up to the mesa itself - lots of them look hard to traverse without climbing equipment.

Who was it that named Coronado Mesa?
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Paul,

Seems I have made this a bit too easy.

I believe we are talking about the same canyon. Horse Mesa to the east and Black Cross Butte to the west.

Horse Mesa plays an interesting role in all of this. Someone had an exceptional day years ago on Horse Mesa. He and his partner had an even more interesting time in Coronado Mesa.

The young man`s name escapes me but it seems he was a railroad agent. Who do you think I am talking about in the above paragraph. Should be easy both were gatekeepers.

Klondike
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

klondike wrote:Hello Paul,

Seems I have made this a bit too easy.

I believe we are talking about the same canyon. Horse Mesa to the east and Black Cross Butte to the west.

Horse Mesa plays an interesting role in all of this. Someone had an exceptional day years ago on Horse Mesa. He and his partner had an even more interesting time in Coronado Mesa.

The young man`s name escapes me but it seems he was a railroad agent. Who do you think I am talking about in the above paragraph. Should be easy both were gatekeepers.

Klondike
Klondike,

Yup, either you're slipping, or I'm just getting better at remembering things :). We're talking about the same canyon I believe (although I'm not sure I would call it a small one). The two fellows you mentioned are pretty easy to guess at too.

The "presents" still on the ledge waiting for Randy and I to find as far as you know? I had an offer not long ago to catch up with them, but it fell through :(. As usually happens, too much to do and too little time to do it in.

I'm wondering if I should focus on getting a certificate for scuba diving or whether learning mountain climbing would be a better use of my time - what do you think? :)

My wife and I had a great time on a very short trip to Sedona last fall. If one sits back and imagines what it was like there before the first "settlers" arrived, I would have to think it looked at least a little like paradise!
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Paul,

Yes Sedona is a beautiful place. I would imagine ancient visitors would find it one of the most incredible places on earth, which it still is.

The reference to artifacts on a ledge was not meant to conjure up the other relics. These are two seperate things.

As far as the swim suit goes, areas of Coronado Mesa are quite flooded. I have wondered what lives in those depths these days. Can`t be real healthy.

I wouldn`t suggest any rock climbing. That is a bit dangerous. I would simply follow a trail. :D

The same trail my father-in-law followed many years ago.

The area is holy. It will take a commitment to that the see what has always been there. Perhaps Coronado Mesa has always been the home of the thunder gods.

Klondike
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

Well it'll save me lots of time and money if diving and rock climbing aren't useful - lots more time to look for symbols in the rocks and old trails :)
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Paul.

Good luck.

I guess if it was me I would look more for the remnants of a caldera complex that would lead to certain locations. Always had a lot more faith in geology than all of this Indiana Jones stuff.

Not that Indiana Jones didn`t have a role in all of this. Took a lot of work to load up that plane. :D

Barranca Grande, Horse Mesa, Coronado Mesa. All about the same thing.

Klondike
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

klondike wrote:Hello Paul.

Good luck.

I guess if it was me I would look more for the remnants of a caldera complex that would lead to certain locations. Always had a lot more faith in geology than all of this Indiana Jones stuff.

Not that Indiana Jones didn`t have a role in all of this. Took a lot of work to load up that plane. :D

Barranca Grande, Horse Mesa, Coronado Mesa. All about the same thing.

Klondike
For some reason as I was reading your post, the "warehouse" scene at the end of the 1st Indiana Jones movie kept entering my mind :wink:

Ya know, since I'm stuck all the way in NH and only have a few days a year to explore the Superstitions, it only seems fair that I get a few extra clues to follow than the folks reading these posts who live right there and can explore every day doesn't it?

I don't need a full yellow brick road to follow to the end, but maybe a few extra special breadcrumbs to get me started would be kinda nice? I'd be happy to exchange a couple gallons of official New Hampshire maple syrup for a few fresh breadcrumbs. :)
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

I,for one,have almost always enjoyed watching the Indiana Jones and other treasure hunting movies.I would guess that the writers incorporated many slices of old treasure tales into their books and scripts.Old maps,carvings and signs,monuments and geographical features all play a part.Often the entire plot revolves around a legend with only a few circumstantial clues,ignored or viewed merely as near meaningless curiosities by the mainstream of archaeology.Rarely,will the discipline devote time or finances to proving old legends or in seeking any lost city,mine or treasure.We,on the other hand,do both.It is their loss,and our gain.The story of Howard Carter and his sponsor, Lord Carnarvon is a good example of how a few small clues,a hunch,and some determination can turn the tide.
http://history1900s.about.com/od/1920s/a/kingtut.htm

Regards:SH.
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Paul,

Where does one start?

Critias,Coronado,Circlestone, The Vatican. The Gatekeepers that preserved Oz for so many, many years. The individuals who secreted the relics of the people to their heirs in South Africa at their own great personal risk.

The library of Oz presrved in the underground maze of Calalus that will re-write the history of America. A history that tells one simple story. They were here.

The two men who helped save Oz yet passed away before their work was needed. I miss them. Outstanding men who designed the propellents that were used on the lunar lander.

None of this is really relevant to your question. But why a breadcrumb why not the keys to the kingdom.

We have always said one only has to see what has always been right in front of you.

We never told you when to look. :D

The ancients used the stars to navigate the world. They left starbursts to show the way. In the Canyon are two starbursts that have crystals that are visable during certain nights of the year. One crystal illuminates the entrance from the Salt River and is clearly visable from the river. It was used to guide ships to Oz.

Further up the Canyon another starburst shows the way into the catacombs of Oz that are not flooded.

Perhaps you and a friend can settle in one night and enjoy the show.

I will e-mail to you 3 nights of the year the crystals are illuminated.

After that you can send me the gift to a small home I own in Sedona. No need to ship the merchandise to South Africa.

Deal?

Klondike
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Constantine VI?? Or was it Alexander the Great?
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Randy,

Oz is a gift. A very rare gift.

Caring for it has never been easy.

Make the stars keep you safe.

Klondike