Weak and insecure people

Complain about, insult, spit at and generally bad mouth other memebers here.
Ray Tucker
Greenhorn

Weak and insecure people

Post by Ray Tucker »

To all serious members of this website,

I initially found this website through a google search Keywords “Cursum Perficio”. It took me to a forum and a topic started by a member named Jan. In searching the topic for my keywords I found exactly what I had been looking for. At first glance, it appeared to be a very warm and friendly place to exchange information and discuss many different things that I had become interested in over the last few years. I made a few posts in the topic and exchanged a few PM’s with Jan and later exchanged a number of e-mails. A few days later I returned to the same forum and saw that all of Jan’s posts were deleted. In place of each one was a short message that made it clear that Jan herself had deleted the messages and they were not deleted by the Webmaster of the of the site or the Moderator of the forum. Being confused and bewildered by this I sent an e-mail to her inquiring about the reason for the deleted posts. She apologized for my confusion but offered no explanation other than that if I would browse the other forums and topics on the website I could form my own conclusions. I spent a couple of evenings doing just as she had suggested. From that I can only conclude that it is a mystery to me why she would ever get involved with a website like this one to begin with. Out of more than 300 members I can see only 8 or maybe 10 besides Jan that appear to have any sincere interest in any of the subjects, and more importantly any applicable information or knowledge on the subject of the website to present in an open forum, While the other 290 or so members seem only to be interested in disrupting any subject that is introduced by the few individuals that are trying to inspire a meaningful exchange of information. Worse than that there seems to be a small handful of members that march to the beat of one outspoken member that should have been ejected from this website by the Webmaster a long time ago, and taken his groupie followers with him. Wakeup Webmaster, 75% of this members posts are totally irrelevant to every topic he is posting in and the other 25% are nothing more than pure verbal assault and insult towards the type of members on this site that I suspect it was originally intended for. I wish I could find another website with a similar topic and of the quality of the one Jan was bringing to this website. As yet I have not, but I intend to keep searching. For those of you that continue to feed the “Beast” on this website and render it useless for its intended purpose, you should remember that weak and insecure people always try to elevate themselves by undermining the efforts of others that bring attention to their weaknesses and insecurities. One method they use to do this when they have no knowledge or experience on a certain subject is to change the subject by creating a diversion through some sort of chaos and redirecting the focus of the conversation towards another subject that they can show how smart they are in, and conceal their ignorance in the original subject before the dust from the chaos clears. These kind of people have no respect for genuine knowledge and experience, and find themselves very threatened by it, resulting their never ending introduction of the constant chaos you see on this website.

Since the seemingly inexperienced Webmaster and Moderators of this website let go on for so long, I am left to assume that they either can’t see what is happening here or they just don’t care.

I see it has become common practice for some members to post their comments and views to as many different topics as possible to ensure they are viewed everyone that happens to enter this website. I will comply with the local tradition by doing same.
azdave35
Part Timer

Post by azdave35 »

it is an open forum...and in an open forum there are always little squabbles...but you dont have to read them..no one is forcing you to read the stuff you dont want to hear....we all have learned much on this forum...and the way we did it was to read the interesting posts and disregard the stupid ones.....if a person gets offended easily maybe he or she should'nt be reading forums...maybe they should just stick with books
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Welcome Back!

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ray Tucker,

Let me be the first to welcome you back to the forum. We need all the fresh input we can get here, and you are certainly fresh.

You surely must realize how fortunate you were to initiate a search for "Cursum Perficio" exactly one day after Jan made her post. That must be the mother of all coincidences.

With that kind of luck, you should make an immediate search for the LDM.
Las Vegas would be another good move.

I, for one, agree 100% with your assessment of the "one outspoken member" and further agree that Joe, the Webmaster, should eject him, at once! You have only had to endure him for a short time, for the rest of us, it seems like a lifetime. :lol:

"75% of this members posts are totally irrelevant to every topic he is posting in and the other 25% are nothing more than pure verbal assault and insult towards the type of members on this site that I suspect it was originally intended for."

You can't imagine how refreshing it is to have someone, like you, avoiding the disgusting practices of the above quote. I expect this is not the last we will hear from Ray Tucker.

I, for one, especially like this part of your post:

"For those of you that continue to feed the “Beast” on this website and render it useless for its intended purpose, you should remember that weak and insecure people always try to elevate themselves by undermining the efforts of others that bring attention to their weaknesses and insecurities. One method they use to do this when they have no knowledge or experience on a certain subject is to change the subject by creating a diversion through some sort of chaos and redirecting the focus of the conversation towards another subject that they can show how smart they are in, and conceal their ignorance in the original subject before the dust from the chaos clears."

I couldn't have said it better, although I believe I have tried on occasion.
Kudos to you, Ray.

I will post this to the First Amendment Forum and the Joe Ribaudo "Moderated Forum", (where you failed to post your own comments) as I suspect that the "inexperienced Webmaster and Moderators" may deleat it here. :cry:

Once again, Welcome back.

Joe Ribaudo