Interesting blog

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
djui5
Expert

Interesting blog

Post by djui5 »

I copped this from treasurenet.com, thought it would be of some interest here..

----
Bob Brewer's latest on LDM (from his blogsite http://hillbillybobtreasure.blogspot.com/):

"Update on the Lost Dutchman or Peralta Maps or what is really the KGC Arizona Desert Depository. As told in the book SHADOW OF THE SENTINEL, GCR has an ongoing project in the Sonoran Desert of AZ. Last week we attempted to reach the place where the Granddaddy of the caches is buried. They couldn't have picked a more remote site and just getting there will require a helicopter. Only problem with that is there is no where to land in the canyon. We tried getting there by ATV only to find the dry wash leading to the small canyon is strewn with large boulders which couldn't be traversed. Forced to stop by the sheer roughness of the terrain, it was still 2.5 miles by GPS to the supposed sealed tunnel.

The following day was much better. At another place indicated by the template we located a major clue which fine tuned one of our master lines by a couple of degrees. This places the target directly on another line between two major landmarks. The day we left Apache Junction called for a side trip before leaving the area. We returned to a place of interest found several years ago. A little more exploration in that area revealed a tiny zig zag like canyon that was so well hidden you could walk right past the entrance without seeing it. In places this canyon is so narrow your shoulders rub the sides. At the canyon's head is a waterfall with a large cave or tunnel visible beneath it. The tunnel is blocked by huge boulders set on smaller stones. Moving any one of the stones would cause the largest boulder, which is directly overhead if you are standing at the entrance to the cave or whatever, to fall on top of you. Dislodging this boulder will plug the round hole the waterfall has erroded in the bed rock at the head of the canyon. If you were under this rock you'd be crushed or at least trapped until the boulder was removed. Of course the surrounding mountains prevent ever getting a lifting device above the waterfall without a huge construction project. Tim Williams took this photo of me standing beneath the dead fall trap. Be advised I don't think the cache indicated to be in this area is behind the waterfall. Careful placement of the lines on my topo show the cache to be above the waterfall a few hundred feet. It would take rock climbing gear to get up the steep walls of the canyon or the face of the mountain to get above the waterfall, I too old and broken up to attempt that now. We did find one faded symbol on the wall of the canyon near the waterall. It appears to be a Cornucopia or horn of plenty. KGC translation-large gold cache near here."
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari