The Gold

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Re: The Gold

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

wwjohnson wrote:Joe Ribuado,

I just posted this in my last post:

"The only thing that cannot be argued or batted about endlessly is Mr. Glovers final analysis and he chose not to talk about it. This comes down to either you believe the jewelry ore is mesothermal or its epithermal and if it contains Te compounds or not. Either way is fine with me, I know what I believe but if you don't agree with that, thats great, I'm supporting your right to disagree 100%. I tried to settle the issue to everyones satisfaction with the only source everyone could not find fault with and it didn't work out."

Thats pretty plain and straightforward. Not much room to twist and interpret it the way you seem to have. I don't care or feel bad if you believe something different, it makes no difference whatsoever to me. I'm happy for you whatever it is you believe. I'm sure you believe what you are talking about but I am at a loss. Whatever else you are going on about is not anything I posted about to you or anyone else so I can't help you.

Will Johnson
Apache Junction

Mr. Johnson,

"Mr. Glover did a great job of testing the different ore samples but did a poor job in explaining the results of those tests in his book The Lost Dutchman Mine of Jacob Waltz Part 1 The Golden Dream pages 267 -290."

"Anyone can debate the findings that were printed in Mr Glovers book about the ore testing because it so generic and confusing there is no way to sort it out or define anything about it."

"Do you have an opinion on how and why Mr. Glover determined the presence of gold tellurium compound in the Jewelry and Camp ore samples with his testing ? Was he mistaken ? Was his testing in error ?"

It seems to me, that we are "batting around" Dr. Glover's statements at a pretty good pace here. I don't really have a problem with your characterization of his "poor" explanations, just with your qualifications to contradict them.

Since the only other person here with expertise in the subject, other than you, disagrees with your conclusions, I am forced to accepts his, and Dr. Glover's opinion. Knowing both men fairly well, you can see why I would lean in a direction that is opposed to your assertions.

I try hard not to make statements of fact which I can't back up with reliable sources or evidence. I once stated that the Apache warriors who fought alongside Geronimo were not confined to the reservation in Oklahoma after they were released and given their choice as to where they would be relocated.

That statement of fact created a huge problem, because the person with an opposing view knew he could not back up his false statements. That became a recurring theme as time went by. The truth is always better......."don't you think?"

I am more than willing to not bat this subject around any longer.

Good luck,

Joe
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

Unless someone is willing to go public with results of the testing done for Dr. Glover's book, it's really impossible to come to any conclusion one way or another regarding the presence of tellurium - that's just a fact and the way proving something works, so that question has to simply be left unanswered.

As far as the ore being epithermal or mesothermal or ?, I'm personally not knowledgeable enough to say one way or another. I can read and educate myself, but from what I understand, even experts can be mistaken, so really what hope do I have at this point?

I don't have the quote directly in front of me, but as I understand it, the best the geologist who analyzed the samples for Dr. Glover could do was give an educated opinion as to it being epithermal. While that may be enough proof to persuade someone that it definitely is epithermal, like I said, I've been reading enough things lately to know that even the experts are in disagreement about some geological things. An opinion - no matter how educated, is still that in my books - just an opinion.

It's obvious that a disagreement exists between two opposing viewpoints as to the ore deposit. Personally, I haven't seen enough firm evidence on either side to convince me one way or another - and honestly, I suspect what proof there is, exists in hands that will never share it publicly for whatever reason. And even then, there will always be those who will continue arguing it I'm sure.

I've appreciated the discussion though, as it continues to point me to areas I can try to educate myself in and that's never a bad thing.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Paul,

I believe you have made a very good assessment of the situation on this subject. I agree that it leads us down paths of research that we might not take otherwise. It's all good. :)

Take care,

Joe
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Hola amigos,
A great number of posts have appeared and many points raised, so out of necessity this reply is extremely long. I must beg your indulgence, thank you in advance.
Klondike wrote
Roy did you ever suspect I make statements like that to simply give you a chance to engage in a productive conversation considering ore deposition and the role of the ancients in the Superstitions. I leave myself open to your type of response to see well if you have learned anything.
No, not when you have proceeded to close the door on such discussion along with WW Johnson, presenting arguments and claims of having seen documents which "prove" your assertions but refuse to post such documents. Hardly the road to an open discussion.

Klondike also wrote
Here you go again starting unsupported statements with no proof. What proof do you have the deposit is not epithermal. You simply have none because no one has given you any. Spend sometime in Pistol Canyon and read the rocks.
I am starting unsupported statements with no proof? Your perception and understanding of the written word appears quite contrary to fact. It is you whom have made the claims, along with WW Johnson, as mentioned previously; eg tellurium in the Dutchman ore, that it is classed epithermal etc. You have made another assumption here which is quite incorrect, concerning Pistol canyon too.

Klondike also wrote
What is lacking is imagination, not proof.
If a gold mine exists, no imagination is necessary to perceive it. Likewise with ancient ruins.

Klondike also wrote
If you find the terrain on Coronado Mesa to be terrifying you should simply stay away from it. No one should go into those mountains unprepared to deal with all of the hazards present. That would include men and critters. Do you have proof that anyone has ended up dead looking for Oz? Seems a lot of folks have ended up on the other side looking for the LDM.
Coronado Mesa does not "terrify" me, clearly you do not know me at all. We can not know the reasons why people enter the Superstitions, however it is good to remember that our discussions are a matter of public record; that others whom are not actively posting are reading them and take our words seriously. When someone makes a claim about the existence of something remarkable located in the hinterlands of the Superstitions, for some of those readers it will serve as motive to go risk life and limb to find it. Hence my negative view of any FALSE claims being made and a demand to see evidence before accepting claims and stories.

Klondike also wrote
Roy, how does it feel to enter a dialogue and have someone respond to you the way you and Joe interact? Imagine it does not feel good. Simply put you have no proof of anything and you simply rely on others to give you what you have not earned. Neither you or Joe participate in a dialogue on the issues at hand. That is why there really is no interest in taking this further. You folks carry paradigms around like a blinders that prevent you from being available for the truth. And if you are not available for the truth you will never find it. You simply cannot see it.
The "reaction" as you put it, has been a simple quest for truth; you have taken every opportunity to avoid answering simple questions or posting any proof to substantiate your stories. You are quite correct in that there is no interest in carrying a fictional thesis any further, however incorrect as to a serious discussion of Waltz's gold.

Klondike also wrote
Mr. Johnson gave you a gift. All you and Joe could do is simply not grasp it. Imagine Voodoo Geology is a strong force in some.
Mr Johnson gave YOU a gift, an argument and claim of having seen documents that support YOUR version of what Waltz's ore is. You presume that we have zero understanding of geology amigo, and you are wholly mistaken. Voodoo geology indeed. I would say that adding a mineral element to a famous ore, without providing a whit of evidence that it is present, would fall into the category of "voodoo geology".

WW Johnson wrote
There was no destructive test done on any of Mr. Glover's ore samples so there is no answer to what type of quartz was in any of the samples. No matter what anyone tells you. Without the destructive test having been done, they are simply guessing.
The guess of a professional geologist, holds greater weight than the guess of a prospector in my opinion. I have seen a document that mentioned the actual size of the grains in the matchbox ore, and the size fell in the range that is right on the borderline between mesothermal and hypothermal, in one of the two charts often used for categorizing. On the other chart the size falls in the hypothermal range. While Dr Glover was not able to use destructive tests, we know that at least one assay was done on ore from Waltz's candle box, and this assay came back with very high gold content, and quite low silver content. It is common for epithermal and mesothermal ores to have a fairly high silver to gold content, while the assay done by Holmes showed a LOW silver to gold content and this is a common factor in hypothermal ores. I would call it hypothermal based on these points, so do you now accept my gift of information to you?

Cubfan wrote
in the "for what it's worth" category, there was a report posted by "Wasp" back in 2009 in the attached link:
That was an interesting little game of teasing too, which may well be what we are dealing with here.

WW Johnson also wrote
I could post an ore report here and it would be meaningless because it could be called biased, lies, untrue, a forgery, on and on and on.
Why not go ahead and post it, and let the chips fall where they may? Even if the document were a forgery, surely some folks will accept it at face value, which will tend to increase the support for your (and Klondikes) contentions, right?

WW Johnson also wrote
The only issue here is Mr Glovers ore test analysis, everything else is just mindless arguing for the sake of arguing.
I can't agree that the issue is Dr Glover's analysis, the issue is the ore in my view. You and Klondike have taken issue with Dr Glover's analysis, for it does not support your own interpretations. We still have not seen documentary support for your interpretations.

I have to agree that discussing this topic does lead down further roads and learning, and that is definitely a good thing. To me it is not a big issue whether Waltz's ore has tellurides or is epithermal, however I want to see solid evidence to support those contentions when they are presented. I am still learning LDM lore and geology, hopefully a bit more each day, so the discussion has been productive for me personally.

Thank you all for the very interesting posts, I hope you all have a very pleasant evening.
Roy ~ Oroblanco
"We must find a way, or we will make one." --Hannibal Barca
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Roy,

This conversation is taking an interesting turn. Mr. Johnson seems to be hinting that you and I are in collusion against his good name, which none of us actually know. Just wondering......am I the "bad cop"? This game trail looks very familiar, so
I think I will just let this one go.

Jericho may prove that people were living in small communities close to the era we were discussing, but they were a long, long way from the society and city that Plato described in his writings. That's really the discussion I would love to continue with you.

We could do that here, or if there is some objection from the management, we could start a thread on TreasureNet. I would like to stay here, but we could probably entice others to join in over there.

Take care,

Joe
wwjohnson
Greenhorn

Post by wwjohnson »

Joe Ribuado,

[quote="Joe Ribaudo"]Roy,

This conversation is taking an interesting turn. Mr. Johnson seems to be hinting that you and I are in collusion against his good name, which none of us actually know. Just wondering......am I the "bad cop"? This game trail looks very familiar, so

I don't know where you got the idea I am hinting that you and oroblanco are in collusion against my good name ? And it wasn't me who made any reference to good cop or bad cop so I was not involved in any of that. I really don't understand where this is coming from ?

I'm perfectly fine with you and oroblanco disagreeing with me and I support your right to voice your disagreement and your own theories. It doesn't bother me in the least and I have no hard feelings with anyone over the debate.

None of my posts were disrespectful to anyone or their views.

I don't understand why this has to become disrespectful and be made into a personal thing over peoples "good name", or whatever it is that seems to be the problem ?

If there are hard feelings and problems , they are certainly not on my side.

Will Johnson
Apache Junction
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Mr. Johnson,

It was a real pleasure to read your comments on the Gold. As I indicated before they will stand the test of time.

And you are right what others believe is not really importent. Thanks for that lesson.

Klondike
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Joe R wrote
Roy,

Jericho may prove that people were living in small communities close to the era we were discussing, but they were a long, long way from the society and city that Plato described in his writings. That's really the discussion I would love to continue with you.

We could do that here, or if there is some objection from the management, we could start a thread on TreasureNet. I would like to stay here, but we could probably entice others to join in over there.
I may be mistaken, but think that it was Klondike who was getting the mistaken perception that we were engaged in some kind of 'good cop, bad cop' interrogation technique. Joe perhaps could qualify as a citizen of the type of standing one would expect for a policeman, however speaking for myself, I am mainly interested in the gold so would not qualify as one incorruptible. I don't know exactly what gave Klondike that impression, perhaps our skepticism and questions just came across that way? As you have noted before Joe, very often we do not come across in these forums quite the way we really intend to.

I would be delighted to have that discussion continue, here is fine with me; of late T-net seems to have become a difficult place to have a discussion for some reason. As much as I appreciate when others will join in the discussion - it is disruptive when a few constantly try to derail any discourse. I am starting a new thread here in a moment, but have to present my excuses first! I recently got drawn into yet another little writing project that seems to eat up enormous amounts of time in researching the subject so may be tardy in making replies. I hope that you can forgive a slow response time.

If the management should decide the topic is not within the guidelines of the site and remove it, we can try it over on T-net and just deal with the disruptive elements that have been active there.

I hope all is well with you Joe (and everyone reading this), I am off to start that new topic.
Roy
wwjohnson
Greenhorn

Post by wwjohnson »

Klondike,

Thank you for those kind words. And yes, others will believe whatever they want to believe for their own good reason, or will believe whatever they think will keep an argument going the longest. Those people are entitled to their beliefs and trying to convince or change their minds is neither necessary or relevant. There is never a reason to be disrespectful to someone else, their beliefs and ideas. We can all agree to disagree and be civil and respectful in the process. This is a Lost Dutchman Mine forum, not a contest to see who knows the most, can get the last word in or can post the most posts. I always enjoy your posts, sometimes am at a loss for what is meant by them, but they always make me think and imagine there are more to the mountains than rocks and cactus and rattlesnakes.

Will Johnson
Apache Junction
klondike
Part Timer

Post by klondike »

Hello Mr. Johnson,

I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed your posts. It is a real pleasure to read your observations. Not so much because we agree on most points, we do, it is just a dialogue is only possible if there is an open and honorable effort to find the truth.

You indicated in your closing comments:

" I always enjoy your posts, sometimes am at a loss for what is meant by them, but they always make me think and imagine there are more to the mountains than rocks and cactus and rattlesnakes."

While others are more qualified to speak to your point I will make an effort to discuss your comments. Yes there is far more to the Superstitions that rocks, cactus, and rattlesnacks. To understand what that is requires one to go back to the time of Plato. In his dialogue, The Timaeus, Plato has Critias state:

"The island (Atlantis) was larger than Libya and Asia put together, and was the way to other islands, and from these you might pass to the whole of the opposite continent which surrounded the true ocean, for this sea which is within the Straits of Heracles is only a harbor, having a narrow entrance, but that other is a real sea, and the land surrounding it on every side may be most truly called a boundless continent."

Later in the dialogue Critias tell us:

"But afterward there occurred violent earthquakes and floods, and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men,(Athenians), in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea."

All of the above is confirmed in the library of Oz by scholars who lived at the time of these events.

The crystal deposit that illuminated the night sky over the Superstitions for thousands of years was the tool that made this devastation possible. There are other deposits of these crystals that we are looking for. One specifically in North America we should locate either this year or perhaps in 2012. The danger of that deposit cannot be overstated.

The deposit of crystals is what attracted the ancients to the Superstitions and brought our forefathers here also. Odd that deposit helped destroy Atlantis and helped create Calalus. It was the hidden agenda of Coronado and in the present has been the source of much mischief.

You see at the end of the day it was always about the rocks. The rocks that formed the gold deposits and the pipes that created the crystal deposit. Most of the gold deposits (epithermal) and the single crystal deposit were formed in caldera complexes, or their contact zones with other complexes. Some known, some not. The rest is just footnotes.

I imagine you will react to all of this as simply nonsense. I would also if someone presented me with such a tale. Having said that many in the ancient world believed Plato`s tale was the truth. Interestingly enough Aristotle believed it was all a tall tale but when Aristotle left his school, the lyceum, he left all of his works and the leadership of the lyceum to a man that believed Plato`s account was accurate.

Furthermore if the dialogue is true what incredible power could destroy so much in a single day. The answer: the sun, magnified a million times by crystals from the Superstitions.

Good luck to you Mr. Johnson. And may God bless.

Klondike

Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Klondike, that is quite a story you have built. I will keep an eye open for the book to appear in the bookstores.
Oroblanco