22%
Jacob Waltz
22%

Total votes: 9

zentull
Expert

Lock on the LDM

Post by zentull »

I posted the topic concerning who may have had key information concerning the LDM. But there is more than one side to the elusive nature of the Dutchman. Who could have been most responsible for effectively locking the LDM from discovery by so many Dutch hunters past and present ? Whether it be by accident or design, who has most effectively kept the LDM locked away for over hundred years ?
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Who?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Zen,

Nice question!

I have to vote for Barry Storm. He brought most Dutch Hunters into the Black Top Mesa area and made up a number of (almost) "true" stories.

The one that comes to mind, would be the Two Soldiers. It's one that is "almost" true. :lol:

You failed to vote in your own poll. :?

Joe Ribaudo
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

The question easy, the answer I am working on...........

Barry is a good choice, fiction right down to the name....though I think he did believe in himself to a degree. He did lock it up for many, but not as securely as others may have.

I will work on it after I work through the BBQ pig that is calling my name.....Word of advice, when serving up a gluttonous mass of BBQ pork invite all your veggie friends........
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

haha zentull!!!

I voted Bark/Ely :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
murphy
Part Timer

LOck on the LDM

Post by murphy »

Had to really think about this one. My vote goes to Tex Barkley. I think he steered people in lots of different directions for years. He had contact with more dutch hunters than anyone else, and he actually lived in the area where the search was taking place. I believe he had knowledge that no one else had and tried to keep everyone away from "his" area. Including Walter Gassler.
murphy
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I can agree that Barry Storm probably set Dutch Hunters back a century with some of his literal discoveries......So Joe could be right.

However, there is no more intriguing character than Tex Barkley and his ability to manipulate dutch hunters so easily.......So Murphy could be right.

Brownie had a little manipulation of his own going on and some obviously tainted information that blends both the above.....which means he could be the one!

Jacob Waltz could have lied about the mine, as Joe has put forth previously or just had a real sick sense of humor and could have manipulated them all.

But for my money the twisting and turning of certain facts and the ability to manipulate and create some of the earliest disinformation on the LDM goes to the boys that gave us what for many is the Alpha and Omega on Dutch Hunting. Wouldn't surprise me if they were responsible for the Stone Maps and crop circles as well.
Bandit
Part Timer

Post by Bandit »

I believe Jacob lied about the mine from the begenning,(death bed)
In the area I have been there are to many landmarks that could have been named or mentioned but he didn't.

Bandit
rvreclus
Greenhorn

Post by rvreclus »

Zentull,
Give it up! What's your're choice?
B Storm was a treasure hunter, even if they were of his own making. He did have a strong affect on LDM hunters.
For me it has to be T Barkley, knew too many hunters in the early years and I'm sure he was manipulating those he could.
great topic, respectfully RVReclus
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I am one of the 3 Barkley votes. None of us still can figure Tex out.
Plus he gets overlooked more often than not.
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"