?

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
TGH
Expert

?

Post by TGH »

:?:
Last edited by TGH on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

Come on! How do you think it went? They had to talk about ten treasures in a one hour show. With commercials, that's about 4 to 4.5 minutes per segment!

I've seen it before. It's a neat little four minute story. No details or much history. Nothing anybody here didn't hear in their first five minutes of learning about the LDM.

Mike
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

I just saw it! Seen it before like Mike. Did you see the show before this about finding gold in AZ? It showed some guys metal detecting Rich Hill, and showed some of the Vulture mine. I didn't know they'd take you down in the Vulture mine for $5. Wish they wouldn't told us that when we were there, as I'd love to go down inside it.

Anyway,
Ron Feldman and some other guy did the snippit you just saw. It had some footage of the supers, and Ron went to walk around Iron Mountain, while the other guy looked around the west end somewhere. Ron says he knows the mine is near Iron Mountain because he's found Quartz there before...neato. They talked about getting married :lol:

Nothing too spectacular, but it was kinda cool seeing the mine on TV. Oh, they showed shots of the perfil map. Now I know never to look at that map again...
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

Apache tears

Post by zentull »

I didn't catch the LDM bit but watched parts of 2 of the programs. One thing I found interesting was the "U dig fossil" segment. I remember as a kid my dad used to take me to a place where they gave you a pick and a bucket and you went out and mined your own Apache tears. Does anyone remember where that place was and if there still is any such operation like it anymore. I figure it went the way of Apacheland, Legend City and Wallace and Ladmo. But would be cool for the little ones.
LDM
Part Timer

Apache tears.

Post by LDM »

LDM
Last edited by LDM on Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

BTW,
I forgot to add that it was filmed before Ron's dig. He talks about his "dig later that fall"
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari