Unanswered Questions

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Could Be

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

"If an opinion, anecdote, story or fact does not coincide with your silly version of Superstition history you dont stop until the person either leaves the forum in disgust with your antics or just gives up because they do not want to deal with your BS any longer."

Is that what has happened in the last few threads we have been part of?

Is that what is happening in this thread?

I am willing to try to go back to the "Unanswered Questions".

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Discards

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Knun,

"When playing cards you can only play and hold so many. Others must be discarded. Discarded cards are always out of play."

That depends on what game you are playing, Knun. Some games require you to pick up the discards, shuffle them, and start drawing again.

What about the unanswered questions?

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

:?:
Last edited by TGH on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Silence?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

OK, so is your answer for what has gone on, to silence my opinion?

You are entitled to voice your opinion and I am entitled to voice mine. That's why the Feldman's did not call their Forum...."Peter's Place". :lol:

You need to focus your life on something other than my "silly" posts. Your rants will have no further effect on me, and I will just keep posting.

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

What's in a name?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

He signed his name as Harry LaFrance.

Joe
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Yes and Know

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

Yes, I do.

"Peter knows not about the supposed cave. Nor does Peter care to know."

Considering the above statement, and a few others, it would appear that you know something and must care a great deal. Did you see the tombstone yourself, or did you send Knun?

Is it common practice to have tombstones on "pauper's" graves?

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Correction?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

"There was no soldier buried in the Barkely Basin. Bark and Ely lied about (Bark) digging up the grave and finding the bones and buttons."

Sorry, I thought you were saying that "Bark and Ely" dug up the grave.

Yes, Ely and Bark are my favorite sources. I do prefer their words over drunks and thieves. I do, however, understand where others might prefer those sources. If their stories happen to agree with your own therories, so much the better.

If Ely was not there when Bark dug up the grave, and was only repeating what Bark told him, why would you assume that Ely lied?

I didn't really need to reread Ely. I knew your statement was misleading.
It's obvious that a good deal of what Ely wrote was not completely true. It's also obvious, that a good deal of his book was true.

Everyone who has ever searched for a treasure in the Superstitions, has a "pet theory". That would include anyone who posts here. As soon as you find your treasure, it will become something more than a theory.

Until that time, IMHO, they are all just good stories.

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Correct

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

As you have said it, it must be true.

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LDM
Part Timer

Post by LDM »

LDM
Last edited by LDM on Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djui5
Expert

Re: Drunks and thieves.

Post by djui5 »

It would do no good for any of us to attack their character over statements they made that we have no knowledge of why they said it.

Matthew
LDM

Matthew,
Which statements of Ely's were these? I have his LDM book if they are in there. I'm asking because I want to focus on finding answers to these statements.

Ely, being a reporter, "probably" embelished a lot of things in his book, but it's possible these statements they made, which no-one knows why, might hold some "secrets".
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
LDM
Part Timer

Bark and Ely questions.

Post by LDM »

LDM
Last edited by LDM on Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Quotes

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Matthew,

I did not name anyone, you did.

While you have plenty to say about how I am bringing nothing "positive"
to this discussion, you have nothing to say about Peter's "positive" remarks.

The reason I did not name the Holmes is because I am aware that family and friends may read the words. I have no idea why you felt it necessary to drag specific people into what I have said.

I don't know why you feel compelled to attack my character on such a regular basis lately. Other than calling you childish, when you deleated all your posts, I have never said an unkind thing about you. That would include every private conversation I have ever had where your name was mentioned. Can you make the same claim?

You have falsely accused me of saying and doing things I never said or did. You have written these things to others and talked about them in private conversations. Everything you said came from someone else, without an ounce of proof. Can you deny that?

I have never dug into a protected site. In fact, I have never done any excavation in the Superstitions since it became illegal. Can you and your friends make the same claim?

I have no friends who have dug up and destroyed sacred Indian burial sites. Can you make the same claim?

It is a safe assumption to believe we are judged by the kind of people we have as friends. Not acquaintances, friends. I have defended people I thought were my friends, only to find out they were only acquaintances.
That would be one of many mistakes I have made in my life.

No doubt you will tell me I have made another mistake here. I can show the evidence for every statement I have made in this post. Can you do the same?

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

BS

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

Name one thing in that post that was B.S.

Your reply is another attack and non-answer.

I can't loose control when there never was any. The person who lost conrtol over the Rendezvous would be you. It is back in the hands of those who attended last year. That would not be you.

Let's quit the endless attacks, by you and your friends, and get back on the topic. I am not the one sidetracking it.

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Another Non-Answer

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

Thank you for your reply to my last post.

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LDM
Part Timer

Quotes,

Post by LDM »

LDM
Last edited by LDM on Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Names

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Matthew,

"I know that Chuck Ribaudo and Obie Stoker were both fine men, I only used their names here to illustrate a point to you."

As I don't believe you knew either man, I must assume that your opinion of them is based on what you have been told.

What has been written in public about both men, is comparable to a single sentence about the Holmes, probably less. That is what I have to base my opinions on. I have more information on the Holmes, than what you have on Chuck and Obie, by a long shot. Both sides are opinions based on what we know, and what we have heard/read.

Now I could be wrong, but not without some cause.

I understand that my post was difficult for you or Peter to respond to, but appreciate the fact that you both answered....each according to his ability and intelligence. Your inteligence has never been in question here.

It has to do with your seeming ability to judge me and my motives in what I write or believe. We are all judged by the people we call friend.
Right or wrong, it's a fact of life.

Many posts have been made here saying vile and untrue things, without writing the name of the person being talked about. It is common. You have done it, Peter has done it and any number of wolves in sheeps clothing. You know that is true.

I repeat: I did not drag the Holmes name into this conversation. You did.

The fact is, that many Dutch Hunters were drunks and thieves. You could have taken your pick.

Joe Ribaudo