Walter Gassler mystery.

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

So Joe,
It's your belief that there never was a mine, that Waltz just happened across some gold on the ground, dropped by the Peraltas, and made up the story of having a mine to "look cool"? If that's the case, then where do you think the gold he found came from?

Just wanna clear this up, not trying to start a war with you.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

One thing everyone can clear up for me is how you can see La Barge, Weavers Needle, Miners needle and look straight down into the river while watering your burro in Peters canyon........all done from Malapais mountain. I can't picture the angle right in my head. It would seem something has to give......
LDM
Part Timer

Post by LDM »

LDM
Last edited by LDM on Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
LDM
Part Timer

Post by LDM »

LDM
Last edited by LDM on Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Maybe Joe is writing a book and uses the Forum to test stupid ideas and theories...........just to get a reaction.

He cant POSSIBLY beleive the nonsense he spouts on here.
djui5
Expert

Re: Waltz mine.

Post by djui5 »

Oh, NOW you've done it Randy !

You've asked the next logical question.

If Waltz had no mine but found hidden gold ore and used it, then who's gold ore did he find and where did it come from ?

That puts us right back on the same mystery, just substitute an unknown name for Waltz's name. You cannot assume the unamed persons gold didn't come from a mine in the Superstitions, so we are looking for the same mine/source as we were when we thought it was Waltz's mine we were looking for.
Ever feel like your running in circles? :lol: :lol:

Of course the gold could have been brought into the Superstitions from somwhere else, that is always a possibility.
Yeah, I've thought at times it was Waltz himself, but who knows. The problem I have with this theory is why in the hell would someone hide gold there? I understand from a perspective that it's the worst terrain in the country, not including the Apache problem, and that would deter some people. On the other hand, why go through all the trouble? There's plenty of places to hide gold that people wouldn't find, and would be a lot less troubling on the persons burying it. The mountains south of Phoenix are a good place, as is north of "The Strip". I mean, between here and Mexico, how many places are there to hide gold that people wouldn't find for a long time?

My only conclusion is that if someone did hide gold there, they were digging it out somewhere close to here, like Goldfield 8O

Also, we have the issue that Walts gold is different from every other gold found in central AZ right?

Possibly Waltz found the Stone map treasure but I doubt that because he probably would have had gold and silver bars and artifacts and not gold ore.
Agreed there
Weather Waltz had possession of the original source or only had the product of that source is really irrelevant except from a standpoint of interest.

Matthew K. Roberts
LDM

Again, agreed.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

WAR?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

"Just wanna clear this up, not trying to start a war with you."

Your fear seems unreasonable, to me. Can you cite a case anywhere on this Forum, where asking me a question has elicited a "war", from me?????? If so, would you please left click and hold down while draging it across the passage, and then copy it in the "edit" tab. You can then bring it into your response and paste it in the post.

On the other hand, I can drag a dozen or more where a question from me has created panic and pandemonium. Some have even "left the building". :lol:

Let me repeat the scenario I posed earlier:

Waltz is prospecting in the area of a mine on the western edge of the Superstitions. He comes on the site of the Apache massacre. He finds gold laying on the ground that, unknown to him, was cut from the backs of the Apache's favorite food.

Waltz packs it away from the site and hides it in the rugged interior of the mountains. He assumes that if he tells the truth of the matter, the owners or their family may feel they have some claim to the ore. Better to say he has a mine.......somewhere. I don't believe I said he did it to "look cool", which you have placed in quotes. Don't know who you are quoting.

It's likely, that the ore came from just around the corner and was waiting to be ground down a bit. Who knows how rich that mine was when first found? There are other mines in the area, and all are worked out. They are in much rougher country.

Now I am "not trying to start a war" here, just trying to follow along with the thread without repeating what has been said for the last 100 years or so. Seems logical that those same old stories are leading everyone to the same..........well, nothing. You can exclude Peter from that, as he has found the LDM and is working it on the weekends. :lol:

Hope this clears up what I was trying, obviously not to well, to say.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

:?:
Last edited by TGH on Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Stupid?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

"stupid ideas and theories........nonsense"? I had no idea you held my "theories" in such high esteem. :lol:

You obviously have some strong opinions here. I am sure they are the results of well thought out reasoning. It would be interesting to know why you came to that opinion. You have told us you know more than most of the old timers, so give us the benefit of all that hard earned wisdom.

What makes something "stupid....nonsense" in the mind of Peter?

Who told you I am writing a book?

Nzhogo nandago,

Joe Ribaudo
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Looks like I am going to have some serious walking to do this fall. It is going to possibly be one very strange and twisted trip I make this fall. You guys looking to wear me out ?

Only the wrong clues are bogus...........
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
djui5
Expert

Re: WAR?

Post by djui5 »

Randy,

"Just wanna clear this up, not trying to start a war with you."

Your fear seems unreasonable, to me. Can you cite a case anywhere on this Forum, where asking me a question has elicited a "war", from me?????? If so, would you please left click and hold down while draging it across the passage, and then copy it in the "edit" tab. You can then bring it into your response and paste it in the post.
Not saying you ever have, but I've seen how things get on this forum sometimes, and I'm not here for that, so I just wanna keep it simple ok?

Waltz is prospecting in the area of a mine on the western edge of the Superstitions. He comes on the site of the Apache massacre. He finds gold laying on the ground that, unknown to him, was cut from the backs of the Apache's favorite food.
Do you know what mine it is? I'm curious, as I don't know of a mine there, but don't know of all the mines in the area either. I'm trying to learn here.

Waltz packs it away from the site and hides it in the rugged interior of the mountains. He assumes that if he tells the truth of the matter, the owners or their family may feel they have some claim to the ore. Better to say he has a mine.......somewhere. I don't believe I said he did it to "look cool", which you have placed in quotes. Don't know who you are quoting.
I didn't quote anyone, just put quotations around the comment to emphasize the slang manner of it. IE: He went to the store and got some "grub".

I get what your saying now, thanks. Curiously I wonder, do you have any evidence of this, or is it just a theory of yours?
It's likely, that the ore came from just around the corner and was waiting to be ground down a bit. Who knows how rich that mine was when first found? There are other mines in the area, and all are worked out. They are in much rougher country.
Do you know of another mine around the corner? Also, what other mines in much rougher country are you refering to? Do you know of Spanish mines up there?

Hope this clears up what I was trying, obviously not to well, to say.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo

You betcha. And it seems we have drifted off topic from Walt G., and for that I appologize.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

No Answer

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

"NO CHANCE"

That would be your usual answer.

I am not writing a book, but I may have told someone I was. :lol:

You are such a foolish little boy. :lol:

Nzhogo nandago,

Joe Ribaudo
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Something also important to note are the changes Gassler mentions that happened in a tighter time frame than what we are dealing with. They appeared to impede him and cause him a bit of confusion. These are primarily the natural changes and not to mention those done to impede those hunting the LDM.

A drive up Lake Pleasant road shows how much things change quickly. Oro Belle, Humbug, Columbia and Fort Misery look nothing like what I saw 25-30 years ago. Some places have just disappeared without a trace. The shacks going up the road to Constellation are memories as are the hundreds of Jack Rabbits that were everywhere. Even the ruins heading out from Sun City are long gone, victims of progress.

I can only imagine the changes over 40-50 years, much less 125.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Smart Girl

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

"You are such a foolish little boy.

THATS WHAT MY WIFE TELLS ME.

SHE LEAVES OUT THE "LITTLE" PART THO."

Seems like a pretty smart move on her part........considering your personality. The truth is not something you enjoy hearing, especially if it conflicts with your truth. Not saying you have ever been wrong, just that your mind is a little.....tight. :lol:

Nzhogo nandago,

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Over My Head?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

That's one of the few times I have seen you admit you were wrong. :lol:

Nzhogo nandago,

Joe Ribaudo
eldorado
Part Timer

Walt Gasser

Post by eldorado »

About the backpack of Gold shown to Mr. K. Any thoughts on how that fits into everything that has preceded?

K
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

If we can believe the backpack was listed among Gasslers effects, it certainly follows the general course of my thoughts here. Gasslers body was moved after his death, but the effects were taken after the bodies discovery. There may have been notes refering to the manuscript, which was needed to locate the ores source. If the person(s) who moved the body took the pack, they should of been able to back track Gassler nearer to the source.

Was this from the tunnel or mine? It could be cached gold as well. Could of been the strain and excitement that caused his demise. I am sure what he had was samples to elicit help.

Joe,

Hopefully everythings fine with you. Saw the scroll that some pretty serious weather was heading your way last night.
LDM
Part Timer

Post by LDM »

LDM
Last edited by LDM on Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TC ASKEY
Part Timer

Walter Gassler Mystery

Post by TC ASKEY »

Peter and Joe, You guys are beginning to sound like Mr.Grudgemier and Gerald. The other members will have to decide who is who.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Idiot

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Terry,

Peter has a penchant for coming into a conversation and calling me names, such as "idiot" and whatever his little mind can vomit out.

I answer, just to prove I understand what he is mumbling. It is always a good idea to humor the mentally ill, as they could harm themselves in some kind of fit.

I understand that it is troublesome for the members to scroll past our foolishness, but I have tried to keep the conversation with Peter short and as non-confrontational as possible.

I fear my silence might send him to an unreachable place deep inside his mushy little brain-pan. :cry:

Thanks for your comment.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
LDMFAN
Greenhorn

Post by LDMFAN »

Whoever is watching over these forums, can you create another one just for Joe and TGH? Would be more informative and interesting to read posts about the subject at hand instead of these two going at each other. I don't know about anyone else but my initial impression of these guys was that they were mature and knowledgable about the subject matter but lately looks like they are regressing inmature antics of trying to out do each other. Come on, give it a break you guys.