Expert

Post by djui5 »

What the rain or Joe in the Jacuzzi?
Both :lol: :lol:

I thought Joe lived somewhere else?
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Elsewhere

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

I live in Lake Havasu City. The back of my house faces south and my jacuzi is tucked in under the patio. The storm is pretty big, and I can see the lightning to the southeast, easily.

Joe Ribaudo
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Makes sense!
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
TC ASKEY
Part Timer

Post by TC ASKEY »

Joe's Point---- Ruth was looking for a cache or caches. My Point---- Ruth was looking in the wrong location. I think that we can all agree on one thing. Two days will take you a long way in those mountains.
murphy
Part Timer

Adolph Ruth the mystery

Post by murphy »

Jeff Adams said it took them 2 days of hard labor to find the area that the directions pointed. That could mean that it was not that far away but it took them some time to figure out the directions (I am sure they don't say go 15 feet look for the X and dig), find the landmarks and navigate the terrain. When did this take place? Was it right away after discovering the body, or did they go back and resupply and take two days from the time they left Phoenix?
murphy
TGH
Expert

?

Post by TGH »

:?:
Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Kings

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

I wouldn't know about the King thing. You, on the other hand, went from running the Rendezvous, to standing on the sidelines in one day. Fastest up and down I have ever seen. :lol:

You can have this little kingdom, sis can pop in once in awhile to nod her head, along with Wiz. :lol:

I will stick around just to watch your antics.

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

?

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Where did the Ruth's murderer had small feet bit come from? I know Barry "Indiana Jones" Storm writes about it at length, but I don't recall any other source.

Size 13 so I am safe...............
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Post by Gregory E. Davis »

Zentell: During an interview I did with Brownie Holmes years ago, He stated that Storm was pointing the finger at him for it was well known that he, (Brownie), had small feet. Brownie said that there was no, "love loss between the two", for Storm was mad at him because he would not tell him all he knew about the Dutchman's Mine and what Waltz told his father. Brownie felt that Storm had an Ax to grind and what better way to do it than put in print the suggestion he was involved with the Ruth incident. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
Wiz
Expert

Can we get past it?

Post by Wiz »

Can we just get past this Rendevous thing? Joe started out sort of overbearing about it, but has since made it clear that he is not going to try and charge admission. Anyone who says they want his stew and T-shirts should cough up some earnest money. This seems reasonable to me, why should he be out the front money if that person doesn't show?

The Don's Camp is available for this event to anyone who wants to come.
Joe isn't running the show. Nobody is running the show. Come and go as you please. Everyone is welcome. It's all settled. Let's just let it go, OK?
I'll bet a lot of folks here would feel better about coming if there was a little peace here about it beforehand.

Joe, dragging me into your little spat with your "nodding head" remark was uncalled for. I'm not getting involved in it, so find yourself another target.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Sorry

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Sorry Wiz,

I thought you had jumped in on your own.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wiz
Expert

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:31 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My God, what gall!

King Joe, presiding over his private domain, where he makes the rules and everybody better fall in line or they will be "inforced".
I personally have no interest in this event; but I can't imagine a man among you that would bob his head up and down and go "yassuh, mista Joe". Jeez! I guess we'll see who the sheep are.

"No one who missed last year's Rendezvous will be telling those who did, how this event will be run, prior to showing up in Oct."
Is that an order, mista Joe? We all be good dutch hunters and we does what mista Joe says!

Yassuh!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You could be right though.

While the Rendezvous was not "King Joe's" Rendezvous, I am the one who put it on the map. I have and had no intention of running the show, but without some kind of organization, something like this can get out of hand.
I see no reason that those who did not attend last year, and probably won't show up this year should tell those who do the work in the background, how things should be. It has been obvious to anyone who really want's to know, that I am only a small part of this event, but I am the only one who is posting details on the Forum. Most of the details were decided last year before we broke camp.

I gave credit where credit was due. You guys were only interested in making snide comments and finding a way to make it YOUR Rendezvous.
You will have your chance to do that at this years event. This year was planned by those who attendend last year. Next year, if you show up, you can make it better for 2007. I have only one vote!

If I like the way you set it up, I will probably come. If I don't, I will stay home like you did last year.

Once again, I will be happy to call off the Forum War.

See you at the Rendezvous.

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

?

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Control

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

For someone who does not want any control, you sure do make a lot of suggestions on how this Forum, the Rendezvous and just about everything else in the world should be. This is Arizona not New York.

It's unfortunate that you have no say over any of the above, but you will have to learn to live with it, or go back and join up with the Clintons again.

like the others who did not attend the Rendezvous last year, you will have to wait til next year to turn it into your vision. As for the Forum,
While many of the members just ignore your foolishness, something I should have done, it will never be Peter's Forum.

New York is still oozing out of your pores. The Arizona sun may never get it all out. You are a cartoon figure of a New Yorker..... Know everything, and better than most of the "old timers" here. :lol:

I did stick my nose into your business, and that was a mistake on my part. I should have only warned the folks I cared about, and you could have dug your own hole in that protected site. Wouldn't surprise me if you haven't already destroyed it. Apache, my ass. :roll:

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

?

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krf
Greenhorn

Re: ?

Post by krf »

Joe Ribaudo wrote:krf,

Sorry you took it that way, I said it was a compliment. Also sorry you took my questions as "out of line". No answer or can't say is always ok.

I told you I would not say more after your first post. You addressed part of your posts to me, so I assumed you wanted a response. I can hear the thunder in the distance already. :lol:

No need to leave, I will not respond to anything you post in the future.....PERIOD! That means even if you say something to me directly.

Joe Ribaudo

Joe,

A man could not ask for any more than that! I accept the responsibility for encouraging a response from you. I brought it on myself. Looking back I can see that. I believe we can co-exist on here under your terms.

krf
It'a ALL in "WHO" you know
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Post by Gregory E. Davis »

Would someone please tell me how the "Rendezvous" post discussions got mixed in with the "Adolph Ruth" post. Let's get it back to it's proper place in the "Redezvous" post. Thank you. Gregory E. Davis
TGH
Expert

?

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TGH
Expert

?

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

In his time perhaps it was the style, but "Thunder Gods Gold" is a book I have a hard time sitting through. Taking a look at the photos of Storm and I have little problem that the Cowboys had either a look of amusement or disdain when they saw him. Storms notes and interviews would be far more interesting than most of the book.
TGH
Expert

?

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I just find it frustrating that He has discussions with individuals refered to in the notes and we get a sentence if we are lucky. Kind of like Ely's interview with Julia and Barks 40 questions. His meeting with Abe Reid cracks me up, one of the unintentionally funniest moments in the LDM.
TGH
Expert

?

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Now that we are back on the subject, how long is the ride in from first water to willow springs? It would seem to be a short ride. He had the camp set up for him. I just can't imagine what Ruth expected to accomplish if that wore him completely out. He seemed to feel he was bringing out proof as well in some form.