Forum Code of Conduct

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
WyattWestwood
Part Timer

Deleted By Moderator...........................

Post by WyattWestwood »

Deleted...................
Last edited by WyattWestwood on Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The Return

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

You had to know this was coming. :(

Will the real Gigantopithecusologist please stand up. :lol:

Apprehensively,

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Oh my........
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

In The Dark

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

I am very much in the dark on the Bigfoot subject. If you have more than one of the creatures, would they be Bigfeet? :)

Respectfully,

Joe
bill711
Expert

The Code

Post by bill711 »

WELL Having never seen a bigfoot and I don,t know anyone who has I can,t say anything ! BUT I can tell about what happened in 1958 about 4:30 AM in the morning Me and a friend were driving around hunting rabbits from our car. We drove out a country road west of town and as we were going around a road curve we saw a COAL BLACK PANTHER crossing the road, he had the longest tail and sharpest ears I ever seen on a creature? He or it had to be over 12 feet long. It reach across the road. It,s tail was as long as it was. MY friend was driving and it scared him and he put the petel to the metal and we gunned on up the road. WE got about 2 blocks worth up the road and he stopped and looked at me and asked "What was that thing Bill?" I said it had to be a black panther! He said well what are we running for we got the gun? He turned the car around and we went back BUT heck the panther was probley 20 miles away by then. BUT the panther didn,t act like it scared him any when our car lights fell on him he didn,t speed up any he just continued across the road. I haven,t heard of anyone reporting any black panther in all my life BUT I know 2 boys who seen one that nite. I wonder if it was the last one maybe? I hope not... bill 8)
bill711
Expert

The Code

Post by bill711 »

WELL never mind Joe; Peter don,t let him muzzle you? Let,s hear about your happening one time? :lol: bill 8)
bill711
Expert

The Code

Post by bill711 »

Joe Here,s one for you . My niece and her friends were playing in my sister,s yard one time and they come running in the house just a screaming mommy there,s a bear in the yard there,s a bear in the yard ! My sister didn,t pay any attention to them at first just told them to shut up and quit screaming in the house " she thought they were playing a little girls game on her" BUT they kept on so she finnally looked outside in the yard and there was a bigfooted black bear climbing over her fence and ambling out to the woods behind her house! This is as close to a bigfoot story as I can get JOE! I used to watch the deer stand on their hind leg,s and eat shoots off the trees out back of her house. I liked watching them and the old crows a pestering the big owl while he was trying to doze on the limb of an oak tree out back of her house, the crows would keep at him until they run him off. He would catch mice and sqerrills in the field. The coyotes were thick too. The coyotes would pounce on the mice when they hunted them It was fun to watch them. :lol: bill 8)
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Jokes On Us

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

I have recently been informed that the "Code of Conduct" is a "joke" and "infantile". If that is so, does it mean that each person who signed it falls into that same category?

Here is part of my reply:

"It could be that your opinion is correct, but the real question should not be, is it a "joke" but, do the good men who signed it believe it's a "joke"?

Overall, I believe it has had a good effect on the tone of the Forum. On the other hand, I see no positive results coming from denigrating it.

While many who signed the agreement, including me, have not always lived up to it, the effort to keep the Forum civil goes on. It is not the nuts and bolts of the agreement that is important, but the spirit. You should understand that as well or better than most.

For some of the signers it was a joke, as they were jokes themselves. That did not lower the value of the concept of the agreement, nor the effect of the statement being made by a number of united and well respected members.

If a united front had been presented at the beginning of the downward spiral of the Forum, it is likely that a number of the made-up ass-holes who joined the fray would have never seen the light of day. For a long time they were your best friends, until they stopped attacking me and became personal for you.

If you always wait for the %&*# to be flying in your direction, or your friends, to stand up and be counted, you will eventually pay a heavy price.

Your signing the agreement, which you consider a "joke", may be just what's needed to prevent another "Jan" from insulting us all. You saw the results of not being united against the low-life, and in some cases applauding them."

I realize that it may be, that I am the last one who has not gotten the "joke" here.

Sorry.....I probably never will. 8O

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
murphy
Part Timer

Forum Code of Conduct

Post by murphy »

Joe,
I don't know who commented to you that the code of conduct was a joke and infantile, and maybe I don't want to know. I signed that agreement in an effort to help stop the petty bickering and character assasinations that had become the bulk of the conversations on this forum. We have lost a great many members who could not put up with the BS anymore, and that is a shame. Since the introduction of the "code" almost everyone has made a conserted effort to live up to the spirit in which it was introduced. and has gotten the forum back on track. We are all passionate about the subject of this forum or we wouldn't be here. And sometimes that same passion can cause heated debates over certain ideas or beliefs. I don't think it is infantile to have some rules that we can agree upon to govern our ways of expresing that passion.
murphy
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Well Said

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Murphy,

That makes two of us.

Take care,

Joe
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Hi guys

I (Peter) said the Code of Niceness what a joke and infantile.

My EXACT quote about the Code of Conduct was the following:

"Its silly, a joke, infantile and if you feel the need for it, then knock yourself out. Doesnt matter to me one way or another."

That was in a PRIVATE email I sent to Joe Ribadou. Since Joe Ribadou felt compelled to make that public, that is the LAST email or communication Joe Ribadou will ever receive from me.

If you dont like my opinion about the Forum Pledge of Goodness you can piss and moan till the cows come home.

But my opinion will not change.

As you can see by the way Mr Ribado revealed a private email on this public Forum...the Code is a JOKE...just like Mr Ribado is.

P
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Private?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

I did not reveal who made the statement. I used two words from the e-mail. If you feel that is some kind of betrayel of a trust, you are going to find a lot of disappointment in your life.

"As you can see by the way Mr Ribado revealed a private email on this public Forum.."

Two words "revealed a private message"? You will need something a little more substantive to give any meaning to such a foolish personal attack.

I will not follow you into this madness again, Peter. You are on your own.
It is you who have exposed yourself. The members can judge this for themselves.

Nzhogo nandago,

Joe Ribaudo
bill711
Expert

code of conduct

Post by bill711 »

Well I beleive in the code of conduct but my rear end doesn,t sqeak with it so bad that I can,t joke with someone a little bit. I,m sorry that Peter hurt your feeling Joe. I apologize for my part in any thing that brought this arguement on... SO Let,s all just step back and take 3 big puffs of air and cool off abit... :lol: bill 8)
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Why would someone broadcast ANYTHING in a private email on a public forum? If you had a problem with my views on the Code of Goodness you should have addressed it in PRIVATE...rather than broadcasting your typical pompous Ribadou stupidity in public.

Are you a complete clueless imbecile? (Dont bother with an answer, most of know the answer to that question already).
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

In Private

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

"Why would someone broadcast ANYTHING in a private email on a public forum? If you had a problem with my views on the Code of Goodness you should have addressed it in PRIVATE"

Well.....In case you missed it, I did reply to your views in "PRIVATE".
You are the one who advertised that they were your opinions. Other than the two words, the rest of the post was my opinions, and I am not ashamed of them. It would seem that you are also proud of yours.

"Are you a complete clueless imbecile?" Perhaps...but I managed not to call every signer of the code part of an "infantile joke".

This will be my last post to you on this subject. There is obviously something more going on in your life right now that is affecting your judgement and temperment.

Nzhogo nandago,

Joe Ribaudo
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

peter im with you 100% on the private message thing........but the trouble is i recall you "publishing" a private message from me on here sometime ago.....a private message by the way that included (you thought) my name and address......so i feel your "response " is somewhat contrived..i did try to warn certain people about "the smile on the face of the tiger" but found myself being accused of actions i wasnt guilty of. this isnt an attack on you particularly,but your actions are prob indicative of the kind of forum this has become, pomposity, b.s and the tag team mentality has long been the order of the day on here.........what could have been an entertaing, informative (even if as most prob realise the dutchman story is at heart a load of nonsense)site and pastime is now most likely to descend again into the abyss..........some people might well ask the question-whats the point?
Don update your email address
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

The Code of Niceness is a JOKE.

It is a joke because a couple of the signatories of the Code give lip service to
being civil and ethical in their dealings with others on this Forum, but the opposite is often the case.

Joe Ribado is a JOKE.

If you need this explained to you by now, you folks havent been paying attention. The people he has driven off this Forum or who refuse to post any longer because of this idiot are the very best in our LDM world.

Joe Ribados idiotic theories on the Stone Maps and LDM are a JOKE.

How any Dutch Hunter with 1/2 a brain who has done their homework and researched the history behind this mystery can possibly give credence to a single idiotic concept that this buffoon spouts is beyond me.

Joe Ribados "team" concept is a JOKE.

How Joe Ribado can, in good conscience, have people actually think some of his theories have merit ..and then send them off on wild goose chases into places he KNOWS they have NO chance of turning up anything besides rusty tin cans, ...that is appalling.

And lastly, the Joe Ribado Rendezvous is a JOKE.

Like some thinking person is going to give this moron $25 for the priviledge of sitting around the Dons Camp and listening to his nonsense.
NO ONE who knows ANYTHING about the real story behind the LDM and its whereabouts is going to talk about it in public.

Particuarly to a group of people who can NOT keep a secret and go into hysterics AND STICK THEIR NOSES INTO OTHER PEOPLES BUSINESS when a flake of gold is found. What would you fools do if you actually found something in those mountains that was meaningful?

Well thats all for now. Everyone have a Happy 4th. My apologies for the early fireworks...but this idiot pushed the WRONG button....as you can see.

P
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Not Quuite

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Don,

While most of your post was correct, your prediction that the site:
"....is now most likely to descend again into the abyss...", is not quite on the the mark.

I have no intention of going down that road again, and it takes two, or however many can be conjured-up, to make that happen.

Have a great 4th. of July. That goes out to everyone.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

peter,
i note you made no reply to the "publishing of my private message"to you ....that in itself speaks volumes...it as well as your vitriolic attack on another member for the silliest of reasons .means you are indeed a 1st class hypocrite,and bullshitter to boot.as for us fools(as u so quaintly put it") finding anything meaningful in the mountains etc etc..that is both ignorant and arrogant,what have you ever done or found that gives you the right to talk in such a way to the members here? you ,my friend are as full of shit as youve ever been ,and its doubtful wether you could locate an elephants ass in a safari park.......signing or not signing the code of conduct (which i agree is silly by the way)is nothing to do with it, if u had any manners or principles youd understand that, but u dont so u wont.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Don

Speaking of Jokes.......

Happy 4th of July to you and the rest of the Redcoats.

P
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

awwww cmon peter you can do better than that.......cant you? now speaking of jokes as we are on the subject......heard the 1 about the 2 soldiers?
xxxxx :roll:
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Well yes, I COULD do better. But why would I waste my time and energy on such an insignificant lightweight as yourself?
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

oooooh shes getting bitchy now! now keep your cool doris......i wouldnt like to see you splitting your pantyhose or watever. im well aware that being a "heavyweight" must have its downside too,its ok i understand...i mean with an image like you have of yourself,it must be difficult to function amid mere mortals.......i wish i could be more like you, you know kinda all seeing, all knowing -that kinda thing...yes i guess on reflection youve earned your right to be pompous, arrogant, overbearing superior and above all boring.....peter -i salute thee....continue educating the forum-the "fools" are waiting with baited breath for your next utterance-please make it soon xxxxx
bill711
Expert

code of conduct

Post by bill711 »

WELL NOW men let be better people than to drag our forum down into a nasty bitter sick dogfighting forum. I,m sorry pete for any offence that I did that may have offended you. BUT I was only joking with you in good spirits. I meant no harm to you or anyone! It,s too hot and depressing for it.. :cry: bill 8)
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Bill

I KNOW you were joking, I was NOT offended. I was joking too.

The problem here was BIG MOUTH butting in on others peoples conversations for a change. Perhaps he is just genetically encoded to stick his nose in other folks business...I really dont think he can help himself at this point.
oh well....

That moron will never learn..........

P