Deerings Trail

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
walker12
Part Timer

Post by walker12 »

Bill711 I never said I am some sort of superman. Sure I hike during the summer and in the heat. So what? Other people work in even greater heat (e.g. roofers, carpenters, etc) five days a week. Similarly, hard pedaling bicycle riders are likely facing hotter and more dangerous conditions than someone hiking in the wilderness.

Again, I hike because I enjoy it. I can set whatever pace I want. I can freeze my water ahead of time and put the current in use bottle under my shirt to help cool me off. I can hike trails I have hiked numerous times before so there is zero chance of getting lost and I can leave completely accurate instructions for any rescue crew should I have a non-fatal problem. And the list goes on and on.

I can only assume you hike for different reasons and take different precautions. Maybe you like to get there in a hurry hence your "NO_ONE could out walk me in the mountains!" comment. Then again given the continuing tone of your posts maybe you just like to call people names.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Now, now boys lets all be nice and good...........
bill711
Expert

deer trail

Post by bill711 »

Walker Walker Walker; You are like a dog with a bone? You just don,t want to give it up! Do you? I am not mad at you. I have nothing at all against you. I am happy that you are able to hike the sup,s both day and night which ever you choose ! I do not feel like I called you Personally any names? YOU and Joe in your minds apinching my words for all that you could sqeeze out of them decided that I had called you a name. I will tell you this time only that when I wrote the note that the LAST thing on my mind or any intention on MY part was to call you any names. I just wanted to see plenty of WARNINGS in your notes for the feeble minded who will read them and think that they can do that and go running out there and do the same thing,s without addicate precautions. Do you not think that I know that YOU take plenty of precautions after growing up around the area. NOW I do not think that I am the champion mountain boomer or hiker even tho growing up me and my friend spent our days walking 10 to 20 miles a day in the mountains , I hunted at nite with a coal oil lantern and flash light and put many miles in hunting. I out lasted everyone I ever hiked with? HELL I couldn,t handle the chiggers and ticks now. They will eat you alive in the pastures and woods,they go for your balls. YOU cannot beat them. NOW for the IRONMAN bit I thought I was compimenting you on your abilities? When I read what you said you did all the time I thought of the Australian out back where they have the Ironman contest that I watched on TV once. I am sorry that YOU didn,t consider it a compliment! If you are not satified now with this note, I guess we will have to have a duel about it. :lol: bill 8)