2006 Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Good

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

Jesus!!!! Am I glad that's over.

All that was needed was for you to read the posts in this thread.

Was it the entire post or the highlighted parts that finally got thru?

Joe
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

:?:
Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The New Version

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

Looking back on last year's Rendezvous, I can't help but smile. Our small group shared a good deal over that weekend. I shook hands with every person who attended and believed they were all men among men, except for the two ladies, of course. :lol:

Nonsense Deleated.

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Sunday after attending my God daughters 4th bday party, my Wife suggested we stop by my parents for a visit on the way home so the kids could visit. It had been a couple of weeks since our last visit but I was tired and not in the mood really, but decided on a quick stop to see how my Mom was doing. She had a stroke a few months back and has had some difficulties since then. We stayed for a couple hours and then made our way home.

That evening my Dad took her to emergency because of some severe headaches she was having. After a catscan she was sent over to Thunderboird for an MRI and had emergency surgery to remove a cancerous tumor that was in her Cerebral cortex, which is what apparently caused the stroke in the first place and had become life threatening. She is doing very well and they expect a full recovery.

I am in no mood to complain, bitch, whine or point fingers at anyone.

I will send my $25 to Joe hoping he changes his mind. I want my coffee cup and T-shirt after missing out on last years. There were several people I was looking forward to meeting this fall. Joe and Peter were at the top of my list. They have been for me the Yin and Yang of this forum. I will hope things take a turn for the better.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

What's Important

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

My thoughts and prayers are with your mom, you and your family.

It does make one realize how small and ridiculous what goes on here really is.

I will not be accepting any money for the Rendezvous. After serious thought, I knew I could not subject my wife or Sam's wife to what this thing is turning into. For that matter, I don't need to be part of it either.

I hope to meet you in the future and wish you and your family well.

Take care,

Joe
murphy
Part Timer

2006 Dutch hunter's Rendezvous

Post by murphy »

Joe,
I think you know that myself and other members of this forum have supported you in this ongoing battle with Peter. I do however take exception to the statement that the members are taking the path of least resistance when it comes to confronting the antagonist. We have had days of this running battle on the forum with nothing else discussed in relation to the LDM. and nothing has been resolved. Yes, people have remained silent, not because they are taking the path of least resistance but because this is an excercise in futility. Peter loves to argue, he loves to bait people into an argument just for the sake of argument. It is a waste of time. Many of us have limited time to spend in pursuit of our passion, and when we log on to hear or participate in some interesting discussions we don't want to participate in the same old argument with Peter that has been going on for a year. Personal attacks have no business on this forum and Peter has been called on this on numerous occasions, but he continues. We are not going to change him, but I am not going to let him take away the joy that I find in dealing with the other members of this group, and we should not let him destroy the Rendevous. I could not attend last year because of my wife's medical problems. I have been looking forward to sharing time with you and the other Dutch Hunters all year and it will take an act of God to keep me away. Trouble makers are always going to be around if you respond to them it just encourages them to continue. Hope to see you in October.
murphy
Roger
Part Timer

2006 Rendezvous

Post by Roger »

Joe,

I for one fully appreciated the work you did in organizing the 2005 LD Rendezvous - getting a location picked, serving the Friday evening stew which was to die for, and serving the special biscut and gravy breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning. Your wife had a big hand in all of this too. I still have my T-shirt and coffee cup from the event and they are great keepsakes.

I also appreciate the work you and Greg Davis have already done in getting the 2006 Rendezvous set up. I strongly recommend that you do not give up on being the coordinator of this event - if someone doesn't do it, it will never happen!!

I also will gladly pay $25 to get the meals and souvenirs - they are well worth the money. If others don't want to partake of these, let them skip the fee and attend, but watch the rest of us eat some great vittles!

Roger
murphy
Part Timer

2006 Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous

Post by murphy »

Roger,
Could not have said it better. Look forward to meeting you!
murphy
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Thanks

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Roger and Murphy,

Thank you for your kind words.

It should be obvious that Peter is going to be taking care of the Rendezvous details, or lack thereof, even to "fools".

The Giants, unnamed, will now make make it to the event. Had I known the $25. would be all that was holding them back, I would have advised that we not charge anything. I was really looking forward to that extra income, but will have to be satisfied with stealing old ladies life savings instead. :lol: No doubt that will strike a cord with my friend Peter. :roll:

Since no one really disagreed with Peter, I assume his "version" of the Rendezvous is the best. Am I "pissy"? Not with Peter.....he is just doing what is best for Peter. He will do what will make the Rendezvous bigger and better than it was last year. Who could ask for more?

Actually, he knows you all better than I ever could.

Joe
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Correct

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Nonsense Deleated.

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Nonsense Deleated.

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

What Are Friends For?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Nonsense Deleated.

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newjerseyman
Greenhorn

Post by Newjerseyman »

Well, Joe Rodeo, er, I mean Joe Ribaudo, I like the First Amendment too. And my right of freedom to travel. So, I can hardly wait till the rendezvous in October at Dons Camp. Yes-sir-re-bob, I'm a gonna have some fun.

I dunno, maybe you haven't figured it out yet but "NewJerseyMan" is just one of my internet "nom de forums" (hell, I don't even LIKE New Jersey-I'm an Arizona boy). I've been lurking for several years on this site under a variety of names. One of those names is even somebody you think is one of your supporters :wink:

You see I've been shuttling back and forth overseas on a variety of jobs and often I'm just plain bored. So, I started cruising the internet. Several years ago I found this site.....and discovered you Mr. Rodeo and your monstrous ego. You see Mr. Rodeo I've been going up to the Superstitions since I was a kid in high school-over 30 years. Not to look for what doesn't exist (yes, the LDM doesn't exist nor does the Jesuits Treasure, or the Lost Peralta mine, or the men in black, of the tribe of lost pygmies, or the UFO base etc), but just to go hiking.

But I am going to your little soiree the end of October. After all, it is a free country is it not? And I'm going to bring a couple of friends with some very loud boom boxes (I do hope you like the music of Marilyn Manson) :twisted: , camcorders, and attitude. No Joe, I won't lay a hand on you, not even a pinky. I'll do nothing to break the law. But there is no law preventing my friends and I from playing our music and having a good time at your expense. And if you even so much as touch my friends or I, it will be on film and I'll haul your ass in criminal and civil court. I want to see you you crawl out from under your keyboard Joe Rodeo. No matter where you move your little get together I'll be there. After all, you really don't know who I am do you? In fact I'm going to wait a while and then join the LDM board under a couple of other names and ISP's as well. Remember Joe, your pompous attitude is what attracted me to this forum in the first place. THIS OUGHTA BE FUN! See you soon! :D
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Nonsense Deleated.

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Hey,
Can't we all just get along? :lol: :lol:

Come on guys, sierously, this is no fun for anyone on here. Can't you take this fight to PM's please? You've hijacked the entire forum almost, even bickering on the "forum code of conduct thread", which initself is immensly hillarious.

Lets just all hug it out huh? It's not worth all this crap, and I'd love to meet you all at this meeting thing, including you crazy joe. Let's just take a chill pill and put this meaningless bickering behind us ok?

:D
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Reconsidered

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

A number of members have urged me to stick with the Rendezvous. I received a particularly nice 4-page letter fro a Dutch Hunter in California.
He grew up an "LDM enthusiast" and has followed the Forum for several years. He has read every post, including the archives, but has never posted. Having a total stranger take the time to write a letter urging me to not give up on the Rendezvous, has its effect.

While the Rendezvous is for the Dutch Hunter community, it did not come into being on its own. A number of members were involved in making it happen, but it was conceived by me, named by me, and launched by me.
If, in someone's mind, that makes it the Joe Ribaudo Rendezvous, so be it. I feel a responsibility to carry out the promises I made early on and will do so.

Consequently, I will be helping to manage this year's event and since no one else took on the job or cared to give their input, I will make the pre-camp rules.

The $25 fee is back on. Those who attend will be given their money back. Those who pay the money will have the two meals provided at no cost to them. If you choose not to pay, you will still be welcome at the event but you'll need to bring your own eats.

If anyone does not want to go along with this, put your own rendezvous (small "r") together.

The "King" this year, will be the same as last year. That means kingship by commiittee. The majority will make the camp rules and inforce them.

If the camp wants someone else to put together next year's event, they can say so in Oct. No one who missed last year's Rendezvous will be telling those who did attend, how this event will be run, prior to showing up in Oct. At that time, the majority will rule.

If anyone wants T-shirts or mugs, I will get prices and get them to you same as last year at whatever they cost. You will need to pre-pay for those items. I don't need another box of left over T-shirts.

While the camp is open to anyone, THERE WILL BE RULES. There will be women at the event, and as Peter said "probably kids", so if you leave your manners at home, you will join them... quickly.

If you just can't live with this, stay home and start your own rendezvous.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

My God, what gall!

King Joe, presiding over his private domain, where he makes the rules and everybody better fall in line or they will be "inforced".
I personally have no interest in this event; but I can't imagine a man among you that would bob his head up and down and go "yassuh, mista Joe". Jeez! I guess we'll see who the sheep are.

"No one who missed last year's Rendezvous will be telling those who did, how this event will be run, prior to showing up in Oct."
Is that an order, mista Joe? We all be good dutch hunters and we does what mista Joe says!

Yassuh!
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Does this look familiar?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:18 pm Post subject: 2006 Rendezvous

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All,

"Like some thinking person is going to give this moron $25 for the priviledge of sitting around the Dons Camp and listening to his nonsense.
NO ONE who knows ANYTHING about the real story behind the LDM and its whereabouts is going to talk about it in public."

Peter may have some kind of point here.

If the $25., or sending it to me, is some kind of problem, feel free to let me know. Here's what I will do: I will refund the money if you show up. If you don't, we will keep it. I will still pay for and bring the food I have promised.

While I am not wealthy, by any means, I won't be burdened by the cost.

As any of the people who attended the last Rendezvous can tell you, It was not "Joe Ribaudo's Rendezvous". I believe I listened more than I talked. We did not talk about anyone's favorite location for the LDM. We did discuss everything else concerning the Legends of the Superstitions. I don't think anyone even asked: So where do you think it is?

The Rendezvous was not a "joke" for anyone who attended. Can't speak for the kids that remained outside the candy store, with their runny noses pressed against the window. The adults can make their own decisions without our input.

I expect we will get the same type of bashing on the Forum as we did last year. Anyone who takes that crap to heart won't be missed.

My address and phone number are in an earlier post here, if anyone needs it.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo