Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Thanks

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

TGH
Part Timer

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:58 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> If you choose not to pay, you will still be welcome at the event but you'll need to bring your own eats. <<

Hooray !!!!

Excellent idea ! (wonder who you got it from....lol)

See....freedom of choice is a GOOD thing !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for a great suggestion. We are open to all the help we can get.

Hope you will still show up, and I will save a bowl of stew for you, even if you can't send the 25 bucks.

Nzhogo nandago, (Take care of yourself)

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

ME....A CHIEF?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wiz,

I thank you for those kind words, but Gall :) was a mighty chief, and I am just one of the Indians. :lol:

I regret that you won't make it to the 2006 Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous.
No doubt, now that the fee has been added in, a number of other LDM "Giants" may also not make it.

That is a sad thing, because all anyone has to do to be part of the event, is show up.

Your being unable to attend last year's Rendezvous was a let down for all of us. As I recall, the only rule was that Wyatt would not be allowed in the camp. While I made the announcement, it was at the urging of the majority.

Again this year, after numerous personal invitations, you won't attend. I will leave an empty seat at the campfire in your honor. Perhaps next year your heart will soften.

One correction to your post: When you do your "darkie" thang, it's "yassuh, massa Joe", not "mista Joe". Jeez!, Don't they teach you kids anything? :)

Thank you for your input.

"King"/mista/massa Joe :lol:

There is a new post in the First Amendment Forum, which will probably interest most of the Forum members.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

For The Record

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Just for the record.......I did mention Peter and Wiz at last years Rendezvous. I said that I wished they had come. I hope that there friend, who was there, passed it along.

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

:?:
Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Freedom of Choice?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

I left it up to folks to be honorable last year. A number of folks were a bit less than honorable. I was left holding a crapload of T-shirts and one hell of a lot of food.

Now I suppose someone like you would figure that was just my "choice",
just like it was their "freedom of choice" to take advantage of my trust.

In this country we have a little saying: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Now back East, I understand their favorite saying is: "A sucker is born every minute".....can we lift his wallet"?

So this year, those without shame will be loosing 25 bucks.....not me. You see, Peter, some folks are just plain"loath(e)"some. They will not get the chance to "fool me" again.

Has to do with MY personal liberty, my freedom of choice, my not wanting to waste my time and money on the low life that slithers in the grass. It has to do with the willingness to pay your own way in this life. I always pay more than my share, because someone has to make up for the folks that won't pay their 25 CENTS or can't.

Like I have said over, and over again. Ya don't have to send any money to attend the Rendezvous. I just won't be wasting my money on those who don't. "I'm funny that way". You see, Peter, I don't really want to end up an old man, walking the road and muttering.....Shiibeeso gonii nt ee....Shiibeeso gonii nt...Kazil alts'iisdeo, Kazil alts'iisdeo. :lol: Diists'e?

Just keep harping on the money, and I will just keep explaining it, and eventually you, and maybe a few others, will get the picture. :roll:

If you come.....You will get your bowl of stew.......BUT NO POTATOES!! :lol:

Nzhogo nandago, (take care of yourself)

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Chewing Rocks

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

It's called "freedom of choice". I choose to supply something for those who wish to accept it, as a gift. Others, like yourself, may feel more comfortable chewing rocks.

In every event, like this, there are those who do and those who bitch. I will do what I can to make things pleasant. You will do what you can to make it otherwise. despite both of us, it will be something people will want to do again.

I regret you are so upset over the stew. I will also be bringing biscuits and Italian Sausage gravy for breakfast on Saturday morning. I will make extra there as well. No one will be forced to eat either meal. At first I thought I would try to do that, but you have convinced me that would be wrong. :lol: I don't know why you feel you "have" to do that, but.......

I assume you will still come as there will be plenty of rocks. If you have convinced everyone that the Rendezvous will be a bad thing, the four of us will have a nice weekend. I know my cousin will not bring Charlie Manson's sister....nor a boom box. :lol:

Nzhogo nandago,

Joe Ribaudo
Roger
Part Timer

Let It Go

Post by Roger »

Joe & Peter,

Please let it go!

Roger
Buck
Greenhorn

Rendezvous

Post by Buck »

Hi guys, I will be at the Rendezvous along with my brother and four others in our group. We are planning our trip so that we can start our week in the Superstitions with the get together with all of you first. Joe, we are happy to pay the $25 apiece and look forward to the stew and the biscuits and gravy... Thanks, just tell me where to send out money... Looking forward to it and thanks for all of your efforts in getting this together for everyone!

Buck
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Rendezvous

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Buck,

Glad you decided to make the Rendezvous. You can send your money, $25 per. person to:

Joe Ribaudo
2125 McCulloch Blvd.
Ste. B
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Anytime before Oct. 1, will be fine.

I look forward to meeting you, and the "Buckaroos". :)

For a packer, I would highly recommend Ron Feldman at the OK Corral.
I have used them for a number of years, and they are a first class outfit.
The entire group are top hands......You couldn't do better, IMHO.

Go to "HOME" on this site, then to "RON FELDMAN".

See you at the Rendezvous and thank you, Buck.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Buck
Greenhorn

Thanks

Post by Buck »

Thanks Joe, I left an e-mail for Ron but I have not heard back from him yet. We are wanting to customize out trip and he and I will have to do some planning to get everthing worked out. I will try calling him sometime today. We'll get you the money pretty soon, do we need to send t-shirt sizes to you? Are you doing those? Talk to you soon...

Buck
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Making It Clear

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Roger,

I have no problem letting it go.

Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to let us know how you feel. I know you have what's best for the Forum at heart.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Shirts and Cups

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Buck,

I will start working on getting T-shirts and coffee cups lined up next month. At that time, I will let everyone know what they will cost. You will be getting your 25 bucks back at the Rendezvous, or you can apply the money towards shirts or cups.

Take care,

Joe
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

No Misunderstanding

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

Just so there is no one left who misunderstands........You may bring whatever you like to eat at the Rendezvous. I will bring a good sized propane B-B Que which will be available to everyone there.

There will also be shades set up so we can set out of the sun. I will have two or three extra tents available in case someone needs them. There will be extra camp chairs, but it would be a good idea to bring your own.

I will bring stew and garlic toast for those who request it. Same goes for the biscuits and gravy. Last year Roger brought the salad and whatever anyone else wants to add is just fine. Sharing a meal is a good way to get to know folks and relax, but is not a requirement.

There was no real structured activity in the camp, we all just went with the flow. You can ask anyone whatever you like, and they will decide if they want to give you a straight answer or ignore you. No one ingored anyone last year.

No one will tell you where you must camp in the Don's Camp, unless the Don's club has something to say. If you would be more comfortable in your own group, or alone, it's your choice.

You may join the conversations or not....your choice.

As I said, I will set the pre-camp rules with the advice of those who were at last years event. If you want the Rendezvous to be changed next year, you will need to be there this year. We will not change things to suit those who don't participate. That just seems reasonable. While I am not in charge of the camp, I will be in charge of what I will do there. That just seems reasonable.

I am looking forward to seeing those who were at the Rendezvous last year and meeting those who have expressed a desire to make this one.

Rendezvous' have been going on since man created social groups. The one rule they all followed, was to leave their war's outside the camp. I will do that and hope that others will do the same. The Rendezvous is open to anyone who want's to be there. There will be no charge to attend. The 25 bucks is a JOE RIBAUDO charge and will be refunded when you show up in camp. It is not a Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous charge and has never been advertised as such.

If you have any questions, this is the topic to ask them in. If you want to call, feel free. Days 928-855-8655

All suggestions are welcome.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buck
Greenhorn

Post by Buck »

I agree and think it sounds like a wonderful opportunity for friends, old and new, to get together and trade good conversation on like minded topics. I can't wait to meet all of you and have some good times...

Buck
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Thanks

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Thanks, Peter.

You did make me realize that not everyone might be able to understand what I was writing. My intentions have not changed, but perhaps the delivery of my meaning has taken a step in the right direction.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The Don's Camp

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

Matthew Roberts has been kind enough to post pictures of the Don's Camp in the "Member Archive". For those who have never been there, it's a nice collection.

Included is a picture of an amphitheater with "Almost enough seating for Joe's friends" :lol: There would actually be a few rows left over for "other", I believe. :)

As you can all see, The Don's Camp is perfect for an event like ours. We
should all thank Greg for taking the time and effort to secure such a great site for the 2006 Rendezvous. For the record, picking that site was Greg's baby. He concieved the idea last year and took the steps to make it happen.

At the same time, IMHO, we are beholden to the Don's Club for providing their facility, at no cost, to such a wild bunch. :lol:

Quite simply, Greg is one of those who.... just get the job done.....quietly, without fanfare and usually without the knowledge of most.

Last year there were a number of such people. Pre-runs to find a campsite and make sure the road was passable were made numerous times by, Grayhair, Slluicebox and AZDave35. They also took a number of hikes to determine where the scrapings weren't. :)

All of those efforts made the camp and the weekend come off without a hitch. We were ready to assist anyone who might get stuck in some soft sand and enough four wheel vehicles were available to make sure that everyone was able to make the little day trip up towards the Twin Buttes.

If this years Rendezvous is as trouble-free as last year's, I can't help but think it will continue into the future.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Open Camp

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

Just so everyone know's going in.......Leave your private wars at the gate of the Don's Camp.

You can do what you please at your own campfire, but any one who sets with me will be treated with respect, and will be free from any kind of attack, including verbal.

This is an open camp, but it will be peaceful. I am coming to have a good time, not to spit in anyones eye. I will shake everyone's hand who has the backbone to show up.

I understand this is the kind of post that sets some folks off, but a friend menitoned this to me today, not for himself, but for others who might want to come.

If everyone picks up a small bundle of firewood on there way in, we will have plenty +. I have been told it would not be a good idea for us to leave our trash in the camp trash cans. I will bring large plastic trash/lawn bags, we can put them in the camp containers and haul them out when we leave.

I know this is a bit early to be saying all this, but it will all be repeated in late September.

Take care,

Joe
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Not Quite!

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

Not Quite!

I think you will agree that there have been some folks on this forum who have pulled some pretty rank stunts, told some vicious lies and made some over-the-top threats.

I have my doubts that some of the more egregious will be brazen enough to show their faces in the real world, but if they do, it should be without fear.

Native Americans have had "Rendezvous" forever. They could be fighting and killing each other all year, but when they came into the trading camps, for that time, there was peace.

My statement came out exactly the way I meant it. You have read your own understanding of what I said, into it. Nothing wrong with that, but by expressing your own spin into what I said you have not changed my meaning one iota.

"Folks that can not attend" are people who just won't be there. They may be brave, heroes or people with tremendouos fortitude. They may also be the opposite of all those things. Quien Sabe?

What I said, was that I would shake the hand of everyone who has the backbone to show up. For that weekend, I will put my personal feelings behind me.......for the overall good of the event. I assume you will do the same.

Wyatt was crazy enough to show up last year, but did not have the backbone to step into camp. Had he done so, I would have shook his hand and offered him a meal. It's an Apache thing. :lol:

There were people who have been to my home, shared meals, personal thoughts and experiences with Carolyn and I. We have had harsh words and quiet times together. Dutch Hunter's all. For their own reasons, they did not make last years Rendezvous. That would include my Cousin Sam, who will be at this years event.

I still have love for all of them, and would never second guess their reasons for not being there.

"So you are saying that if someone does NOT show up, we are to assume"

I assume you have discussed my statement with others and are asking for them as well. "we" If any of you would like to know my feelings, or what I mean by what I write, I will be happy to move the discussion to private messages or e-mails.

I am looking forward to meeting you at the Rendezvous. As I said......I will offer you my hand in friendship, even if it's only for the weekend. A man should choose his friends carefully. Ii'ee ba'iitso gonii.

I hope you understand me now. Do you believe it should be otherwise?

I know this was another long post, but your short questions said a lot about me and my character.

Nzhogo nandago,

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Last edited by TGH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Doo shil asi

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

"Well, I guess I will be cowardly early Sunday morning then.....

October, Sunday, etc etc"

It's fine with me if you want to say that, but they are your words, not mine. We all have our priorities, and I understand that football season is yours. :)

Nzhogo nandago,

Joe Ribaudo