2006 Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Wonderful Country

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Zen,

It was indeed wonderful country. We rode the ATV to the top of the highest point in New Mexico......That you could ride to, that is. :lol:

We are talking about making it a yearly trip. It was painfully beautiful.
The pain came because we had to come home. :cry:

You are lucky to have spent time there, even if working.

Take care,

Joe
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

The trip there and the few days we spent messing around on the way home were great. The job was awful complete with crappy food, outdoor showers and porta potties in the summer sun. The contractor there was subhuman. He made working on the Hopi and Navajo reservations like dream jobs.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Crappy People

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Find "subhuman" people everywhere, even in paradise. I worked one winter in Gas Hills, Wyoming at a uranium plant. We would work outside for ten minutes and then have to spend thirty in the trailer getting thawed out. The forman was a prince.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Still On

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

Despite the intense campaign to derail the Rendezvous, again......It is still on track for Oct. 20th, 21st. and Sunday the 22nd. :)

I will get a price for T-shirts and mugs and post the cost early Sept. If you want one, you will have to pay up front. Before our knucklehead grabs this bone and starts chewing on it, NO ONE HAS TO BUY ANYTHING THEY DON'T ORDER. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A T-SHIRT AND MUG IN ORDER TO ATTEND THE RENDEZVOUS. YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING TO ATTEND THE RENDEZVOUS AND EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO ATTEND THE RENDEZVOUS. IT IS FREE AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN. IF YOU WANT ANY OF THE FOOD I HAVE MENTIONED, YOU WILL NEED TO SEND ME $25. IN ADVANCE. WHEN YOU COME THROUGH THE GATE, COME TO MY TRAILER AND I WILL REFUND YOU THE ENTIRE $25. THE FOOD IS FREE......JUST LIKE THE RENDEZVOUS. THE $25. IS TO INSURE THAT NO IDIOTS SAY THEY ARE COMING, I FIX THE FOOD AND THE IDIOTS DON'T SHOW UP. NO NEED FOR ME TO NAME THE IDIOTS, THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE. :lol:

Joe Ribaudo
Saguaro
Greenhorn

Post by Saguaro »

AA
Last edited by Saguaro on Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

no, that dosen't make sense. Would you go to a restaurant and expect them to pay you in advance?

I think the reason for Joe's doing this is last year he bought and cooked a ton of food for people who never showed up. We're not all rich (no-one has found the LDM remember)

I, personally, agree with the $25 requirement.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Saguaro
Greenhorn

Post by Saguaro »

DD
Last edited by Saguaro on Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Wrong Choir

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Spiny,

You are preaching to the wrong choir. I would suggest you address your ideas to Peter and his friends. He has a very good handle on what I think you are trying to say. As a matter of fact, you might just try speaking loudly. :lol:

I am not trying to make everyone understand the reasoning behind the $25. charge. I still have enough savvy to realize that some people will not be able to wrap their minds around the concept. It would appear that you are one of those people. :)

Not to worry, as I believe their will be room at one of the campfires for you. I understand that Peter is willing to share his stuff with just about anyone, so all you need to do, is show up. If I have anything left after those who have reserved their meals have eaten, you will be welcome to have a bite. That would be on a first come, first served basis, so don't be late.

Hope you will be able to find the Don's Camp. Don't stand at the fence looking in this time.

Joe Ribaudo
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Would you go to a restaurant and expect to pay your bill in advance, or pay a deposit when you make the reservation?
Makes sense from that perspective...
I dont know anything about last year, but it seems as if the food eaters can't be trusted, whats to say the food servers are to be trusted, all things being equal ? I would think both sides are at each others mercy. Not trying to get anything started just making an obvious observation.
Makes sense

Why don't the food eaters send the food servers $25 and the food servers send the food eaters $25 and everybody will be covered ?

:lol: :lol:
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
sluicebox
Part Timer

Post by sluicebox »

I haven't been keeping up with the forum until recently, so I thought I'd throw my $25 worth in on this one. Just in case anyone is wondering, Joe's mom and wife are GREAT COOKS. OK, Joe slings a pretty good flap jack too.

If the fixins are as good a last years, the $25 is a hell of a good deal for two complete meals even if you were not getting the money back. By the way, if anyone else wants to prepare two complete meals for $25, I'll be the first in line. Why? Because I'm a lousy cook and I know it. I really would have to pay someone 25 bucks to eat my stuff. And I'm sure I wouldn't get my money back either. Larry
Saguaro
Greenhorn

Post by Saguaro »

CC
Last edited by Saguaro on Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

2 Cents

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Spiney,

As usual, your spill wasn't really worth 2-cents, except in your own mind.
Despite that, if you send everyone your address, someone will take pity on you an send out a refund.....I am sure. :lol:

Perhaps a few lines on why the Apache used to raid would work better for you. :wink:

Joe Ribauso :)
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

T-Shirt/Mugs

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

I have started an album in the Member Archive, which anyone can add their favorite picture to. It would be best if it is easily identifiable as being LDM/Superstition Mountain related.

Just to keep it simple, I would suggest you only add one photo per member. We will have to decide which one will go on the T-shirts and mugs. I will get a bid on cost and pass it along here.

Last year we placed the picture (large) on the back of the T-shirts, with , 1st. Annual Dutch Hunters Rendezvou's under it. A smaller version of the picture on the front where a pocket would be, and the person's name under the picture.

The coffee mugs will have the same picture with the caption of: 2nd. Annual Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous under it.

As soon as I get the price, I will need to know how many want what and how many of each item. Size and name will need to come with your order. I will only order pre-paid requests.

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Mugs and Shirts

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

No one has added another picture to the album I created in Member Archive, so unless something else is offered, I will use the picture I posted. There is still time to add your favorite photo and anyone can add to the album.

I have the prices for the mugs and T-shirts.

If we order 12 - 23, the price for the T-Shirts would be $19. ea. 24+ and the price drops down to $16. ea.

15 oz. coffee mugs will be $13 ea. for 12 - 23 and the price will drop down to $11. ea. if we order 24+

Tax will need to be added to any order. Like last year, I will pay the "set-up" fee.

You will need to pre-pay this year. I need to know how many you want as well as size and name for the T-shirts.

You can send your payment to: Joe Ribaudo
2125 McCulloch Blvd.
Ste. B
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

If you have any questions you can send me a private message on this Forum, or call me weekdays at: 928-855-8655.

I already have orders for 12 of each item. I will need all orders by Sept. 22nd.

Extra large T-shirts need to add $1. per. shirt.

I will need the $25. by the same date, if you want the two meals provided. Once again, I will refund the $25. when you show up at the Rendezvous. The reason for the charge, is to insure that 30 or 40 people don't say they will be there, I prepare food for that many and only 15 show up.

All of the above has nothing to do with the Rendezvous and is purely a Joe Ribaudo thing. If you are not interested, there is no need to comment as none of the above pertains to you.

Hope to meet a lot of new folks this year.

Joe Ribaudo
Newjerseyman
Greenhorn

Post by Newjerseyman »

post deleted by webmaster

Note to Newjerseyman
- any further personal attacks in this LDM Discussions Topic will result in all your IPs being banned from the entire LDM web site.

Post your personal attacks in the appropiate place such as Boxing and Westling.
Scott
Part Timer

Post by Scott »

Maybe next year I will make the meet. Last several years the date fell on
the same weekend as the fall MG Shooters event and this year
the 5bn hunt . I will meet up with all soon.
Regards , Scott
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Deadline.

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

Friday will be the deadline for anyone wanting T-shirts, mugs or meals to get their money and orders in. I will place the orders on Friday afternoon.

Hope to see some new faces at this years event.

I will not be involved in next years Rendezvous, but if someone else puts it together, I will probably attend.

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Shirts & Mugs

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

The T-shirts and coffee mugs have been ordered. I will have a few extra of both.

Anyone interested in meeting Jack Carlson, will need to be there Friday night. If he can make it at all, that will be when he shows up.

When it comes to the Superstition Mountains, there will be a number of folks at the Rendezvous who have "Been There....Done That." Wherever you have been in those mountains, or wherever you want to go......it is more than likely that they have been there.

See you at the Rendezvous.

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Rendezvous

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

We are still on for Oct. 20, 21 and 22 at the Don's Base Camp.

Here are a few of the folks who have said they are coming:

Greyhair
Greg Davis
Greyhair
Roger
Jack Carlson....Hopes to be able to come Friday night, the 20th.
Sluicebox
Uncle Sammy and his wife
Lazarus and his wife
Mark
Dave
Carolyn and I will, of course, be there.

Others who have said they will try to make it are:

Jim Hamrick
Murphy
Zentull
Bushrat
Randy Wright

I have probably left out a few......please e-mail me and jog my memory.

My supplier has told me they can do T-shirts and cups right up 'til the last week. If anyone decides they want something, please let me know as soon as possible. If I know you, I will trust you for the money. All others will need to pre-pay. :evil:

Greg Davis has said he will post something relating to the Rendezvous, sometime this week.

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Re: Open Camp

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Joe Ribaudo wrote:All,

Just so everyone know's going in.......Leave your private wars at the gate of the Don's Camp.

You can do what you please at your own campfire, but any one who sets with me will be treated with respect, and will be free from any kind of attack, including verbal.

This is an open camp, but it will be peaceful. I am coming to have a good time, not to spit in anyones eye. I will shake everyone's hand who has the backbone to show up.

I understand this is the kind of post that sets some folks off, but a friend menitoned this to me today, not for himself, but for others who might want to come.

If everyone picks up a small bundle of firewood on there way in, we will have plenty +. I have been told it would not be a good idea for us to leave our trash in the camp trash cans. I will bring large plastic trash/lawn bags, we can put them in the camp containers and haul them out when we leave.

I know this is a bit early to be saying all this, but it will all be repeated in late September.

Take care,

Joe
JIM HAMRICK
Part Timer

2006 Dutch Hunters Rendezvous

Post by JIM HAMRICK »

I hesitate to add my name to those who will attend because I said I would last year but did not make it. I would like to see everone in person and to check which ones of you have cloven hoofs a pointed tail and horns. Seroiusly, I would like to hear the opinions and ideas of the bunch. I may only get to spend a few hours at the rendezvous but I am looking forward to being there.

Jim Hamrick
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Thanks

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Jim,

Sorry I left you off the list. Thanks for jogging my memory. :)

Friday night may be the best night to be there, if you can only make it for a short time.

There will be a number of folks there who are at the top of the LDM food chain, IMHO.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Take care,

Joe
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I will be there Friday night, time depends on the traffic. Keep a light on for me.

Might bring the boys with me. Not sure if it will be the human ones or canine. Girls are too young or too old for the trip.

What time will the gates be open for us Joe?

Just in case I get the Wife convinced to come home early.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Early?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

I am looking forward to meeting you at this years Rendezvous.

I will be there Thursday evening and unlock the gate. Anytime after that will be just fine.

There will be more ladies there this year, than last year. Everyone in that camp was a perfect gentleman, and little girls would have had an experience they would remember for the rest of their lives. Setting around the campfire with mom, dad, "the boys" and a lot of really fine folks. Don't recall a single cuss word or off color story.

Except for Wendell, and we will miss him, we should see those same faces this year. I am hoping a new friend from California will make the trip with his wife. He has been a "lurker" on the Forum for a long time. Mike is thinking of coming and I have tried to entice him into making the trip.

I have said I will shake hands with anyone who comes into camp, and intend to do just that. I will leave any animosity at the gate, and trust it will be long gone before I take a final look back when heading for home.

See you at the Rendezvous.

Take care,

Joe
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Close

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

As we get ready for the Rendezvous, I can't help but think back to last years event. The conversations that went on and the new friends that were met, made for an unforgetable weekend.

We may have close to thirty people at this years event......assuming everyone shows up that said they would be there. Both Peter and Matthew have said they are coming, and I am still looking forward to meeting both of them.

If you read back through a few of the last posts here, you will see how I will be conducting myself at this years event. I will abide by what I have said, and expect the same from those who are there. If you don't want to shake my hand, just stay out of reach. :lol:

If the Rendezvous turns out half as good as last year, we will all have a great time. I am really looking forward to meeting a lot of you for the first time, and sitting down with old friends again.

If you did not confirm for the stew and biscuits and gravy, those who did will eat first. After that it's first come first served.
Once again, everyone will be welcome to use the camp kitchen I will set up.

Having one of Chuck Aylor's personal friends there Friday night will be a treat for everyone. Start thinking of what you want to ask him now. :)

Pictures from last year are posted in "Member Archive".

Take care,

Joe