LDM Forum Code of Conduct Pledge

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Roger
Part Timer

LDM Forum Code of Conduct Pledge

Post by Roger »

All of us that post on the LDM Forum have a common love of the LDM history, the thrill of the hunt, and the search for evidence of its existence, location, and the players that were involved. There is a tremendous wealth of LDM knowledge represented among our members that can be shared to the extent desired and built upon by all. Standing on this foundation, we all should be totally committed to making the LDM Forum the premier sharing, comparing, and analyzing body of Lost Dutchman Hunters in the world.

For this reason, I would like to request that all of us to make a public committment to the following Code Of Conduct for the Forum:

1. Mutual respect will govern all postings.
2. No profanity will ever be used in postings.
3. No personal attacts for any reason!!
4. Requests for resource references may be made, but no one's position should be attacked for lack of this.
5. Opinions are valuable.
6. New members are welcomed and understanding used in answering their questions and learning about the LDM.
7. The LDM Forum topics will be focused on the LDM and related Arizona legends.
8. Members will have ONLY one Forum name.
9. Compliments should be used to recoginze members for good research, findings, analysis, etc.
10. ALWAYS HAVE FUN!!!!

My request is that each member that posts on the LDM Forum to post their personal committment under this topic that they will follow this LDM Forum Code of Conduct Pledge and practice it at all times.

Here is my Pledge: I, Roger, will at all times adhere to the 10 points of the LDM Forum Code of Conduct Pledge in any future postings.

And now it's your turn!!!!!

Roger
JIM HAMRICK
Part Timer

code of conduct

Post by JIM HAMRICK »

Roger your post is right on. This reflects my opinion right down the line, (so I have to praise you for your insight) and needs to be stated.

I do not think that I will have any problem with any of the steps listed except for profaity as I tend insert this from time to time, but I will be careful not to. Also I might at times sign my posts with James Hamrick not Jim Hamrick, please forgive this trespass.

I, Jim Hamrick, pledge to follow the ten steps as outlined in the "Code of Conduct".

I hope that all sign this pledge.

Jim Hamrick
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Good Idea!

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Roger,

Seems like a "no brainer". You sir, are a keeper.

I, Joe Ribaudo, pledge to follow the ten steps as outlined in the "Code of Conduct".

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
murphy
Part Timer

Post by murphy »

Roger,
Thank you for taking the Bull by the horns and putting this in a way that we can all get behind.

I, Jim Hurt, also pledge to follow the 10 steps as outlined in the "Code of Conduct"
murphy
Roger
Part Timer

Now It's Your Turn!!

Post by Roger »

Jim Hamrick, Joe Ribaudo and Jim Hurt (aka Murphy) have signed up to the "Code of Conduct" for the LDM Forum. I am suprised that so few are willing to commit.

Many have had issues with Joe over the past year on some of his postings. However he was one of the first to sign up to the Code of Conduct. The tone of his recent postings indicate that he is going to abide by this Code going forward.

Now what about you? If you have been in this dogfight recently, I urge to to sign up and let's keep this Forum growing and sharing in a positive manner. Most of the Forum members are well behaved, but I suggest that you, too, sign up to the Code so that those not willing will be clearly visible.

I will occasionally post a running list of those that have signed up.

Your support of this effort is appreciated!!

Roger
dutchman49
Greenhorn

forum code

Post by dutchman49 »

dutchman49 aka RICARDO ORDONEZ WILL FOLLOW THE CODE
buscar
Part Timer

Code of Conduct Pledge

Post by buscar »

I, Lawrence Wandell (buscar), pledge to follow the ten steps as outlined in the "Code of Conduct".
bill711
Expert

LDM forum code of conduct

Post by bill711 »

I Billy Sharp "bill711" pledge to do so. thank,s Roger I hope this wins out this time!
Last edited by bill711 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
late49er
Part Timer

The Pledge

Post by late49er »

I Ben Davis aka the late, late 49er, pledge to keep it clean.

So much for colorful metaphors.

oh well.

Regards,

Late49er
redison
Part Timer

Post by redison »

I Robert Edison agree to and support Roger's proposed "Code of Conduct" for this forum.

redison
Jan
Part Timer

Post by Jan »

Looks like everyone is signing the pledge with their full name except the original author of the pledge.

Maybe he will come back and edit his post to conform with the rest of us.

I agree,

Jan Graham
WyattWestwood
Part Timer

Post by WyattWestwood »

Deleted......
Last edited by WyattWestwood on Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger
Part Timer

The Real Me

Post by Roger »

I was afraid Forum members would not be willing to give out their real identities in responding to the pledge, so I did not start it off like that. Some might only want to use Forum nicknames.

I am with the rest of you that have signed up to the pledge with their real names.

Here is my Pledge: I, Roger Newkirk, will at all times adhere to the 10 points of the LDM Forum Code of Conduct Pledge in any future postings.

Who's next?

Roger
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Names

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Roger,

Jim Hamrick and I always sign our first and last names. The rest just followed that lead here. Hope it catches on, and everyone sees the benefit to the site.

Right now, there have been 366 view, and only ten signers. I guess I was wrong about it being a "no brainer".

See you next weekend.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Post by Gregory E. Davis »

Gentlemen: I feel my past performance and conduct on the Forum speeks for itself, however just to put any questions to rest, I Gregory E. Davis, do pledge to adhere to the 10 points of the code of conduct as outlined in this post. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Past Conduct

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Greg,

You could have written the "Code Of Conduct".

See you at the "Dutch Hunters' Rendezvous".

For those who are still thinking of attending, it's not too late to "sign up".

E-mail me your name, address and phone #, and I will call you to confirm. We have around 30 people who have confirmed right now, but a certain percentage will not make it.

I will still have stew and garllic toast for 30, Fri. eve. and biscuits and Italian sausage gravy for Sat. morning.

Without exception, (almost) every person on this forum will be welcome in the camp. It goes against my nature to ban anyone from such an event, but making new friends is the focus of the Rendezvous, not fist-fights.

At some point in time, every one of you will wish you could say:

"Hell, I was there!". (Elmer Keith)

Respectfullly,

Joe Ribaudo

[email protected]
Tracy L Hawkins
Part Timer

The Pledge

Post by Tracy L Hawkins »

I don't believe I have ever stepped out of line here but if I have I offer my apologys now and agree to follow the rules
Tracy L Hawkins
I don't use an alias
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Traacy,

I hope all is well with you.

We have not been able to locate the scrapings at Twin Buttes. Perhaps during the camp out, there will be some success. I have not had time to get down there and do a fly-over.

Take care,

Joe
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The Newest Menber

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

I see where Jack Carlson has recently joined the Forum. I know that he has been looking in for a long time.

Jack,

let me beat the rest of these honyaker's to the punch, and be the first to welcome you to the LDM Forum.

I don't know how available you will be, but I can just see the questions forming now. :)

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Sorry, I meant to respond after seeing this posted and with all thats going on around the house and afield realized that I still hadn't.

I Zentull/Wayne Tuttle pledge to follow the ten rules of conduct.
Roger
Part Timer

LDM Code of Conduct Pledge Signee's

Post by Roger »

Here are the individuals that have signed up to the LDM Code of Conduct Pledge so far:

Roger Newkirk (Roger)
Jim Hamrick
Joe Ribaudo
Jim Hurt (murphy)
Ricardo Ordonez (dutchman49)
Lawrence Wandell (buscar)
Bill Sharp (bill711)
Ben Davis (late49er)
Robert Edison (redison)
Jan Graham (Jan)
Gregory E Davis
Tracy Hawkins
Wayne Tuttle (zentull)

These 13 individuals comprise a fair portion of the active LDM Forum members.

I would request that those that have not signed up to do so - let's keep our Forum stimulating, growing, and a sharing environment for LDM hunters.

If you don't want to use your name, Forum names are acceptable in my view.

Roger
buscar
Part Timer

FIND THE MAN IN THE COFFEE BEANS

Post by buscar »

buscar

GREAT exercise while searching for Dutchman clues in the Superstition Mountains.

Go to Member Archive view the picture

Doctors have concluded that if you find the man in 3 seconds that your
Right half of your brain is better developed than most people. If you
find the man between 3 seconds and one minute, then your right half of
the brain is developed normally. If you find the man between one minute
and 3 minutes, then the right half of your brain is functioning slowly
and you need to eat more protein. If you have not found the man after 3
minutes your right half of your brain is a mess, and the only advice is
to look more for these types of exercises to make that part of the brain
stronger. :(

The man really is there.

In fact, once you find him, you cannot miss him afterwards

buscar :)
GK_STAR
Greenhorn

Post by GK_STAR »

To all LDM Forum Member's,
I Greg Kaiser pledge to adhear to the "Code of Conduct Pledge" put forth by Rodger Newkirk.

While I don't believe this Forum should turn into a Love Feast I do hope we all can still share a bottle of cold beer at the end of the hot dusty trail.

HELL....I'll even buy the beer.......oop's.......DAMN....looks like I'm gonna have to work on #2 :lol:

Greg Kaiser
But hey.....Thats just Me....I could be wrong