The Beast Within

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Roger
Part Timer

The Beast Within

Post by Roger »

One evening an old Cherokee Indian told his grandson about a
"battle" that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between 2 "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed,
arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity,
humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his
grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

Post by dutch elm disease »

well, roger, i presume you are speaking about the present "battle" taking place here on this forum right now.im not disagreeing with the sentiments of the" tale " youve posted. but why the need to speak cryptically?the issue of who is the aggressior here is pretty clear cut.its gone beyond a case of conflicts of opinion,instead its become a concerted drive by malicious member/members to oust one particular member from the forum.when will the decent members stop pussyfooting around,stop either ignoring wats going on,or making half hearted references to this behaviour.,and condemn it! one thing is for sure,if the bullying continues, this forum is gonna go down the shithole very quickly.
certain people on here seem to be exempt from criticism watever they do /say....others are swooped upon in an instant for merely disagreeing with certain persons opinions. but go ahead if you wish ,let the forum be destroyed,i guess itd be too much too ask for people to speak out....i used the word "people" deliberately..id hesitate to use the word men!
murphy
Part Timer

Post by murphy »

dutch elm disease

I am sure that all of the decent members of this forum are completely fed up with the childish name calling and bullying that has been prevalent on this site the last few months. I have read every post on this forum both old and new, in the past 2 years and I don’t for the life of me understand the apparent hatred expressed toward Joe. In my opinion it is completely unfounded. Joe has tried repeatedly to bury the hatchet only to have it thrown back in his face.
This is an open forum and anyone can express an opinion about any and every subject. Just because you don’t agree with another’s post does not justify the viscous attacks or the moronic “I love Joe” posts. In regard to the silence of many of these members, I can only speak for myself. I believe that responding to this childish dribble only feeds the fire that motivates this type of behavior, and I think that many others feel the same. That is why I will not address this again. Many have tried to get this forum back on track by sticking to the subject that we are all here to discuss, including ones who have battled with Joe in the past.
There are lots of “treasure” forums out there, most of which are a joke. The members of this forum have always impressed me in their knowledge of the subject matter and their willingness to share information in completely professional manner. Let’s get past all this and get back to why we all joined this group to begin with, a love for the history and mystery of one of the most unique places on earth.
murphy
azdave35
Part Timer

Post by azdave35 »

my thoughts exacly...joe has contributed much to this forum...maybe all of us dont agree with him....but we dont bash him for his thoughts.....joe has been showing great restraint in my opinion...but these losers keep bashing him.....they have completely ruined the forum and ran most of the knowledgable people off...keep up the BS and this forum wont be here for you to act foolish on
ILoveJoeRibaudo
Greenhorn

I Agree !

Post by ILoveJoeRibaudo »

I agree with you guys 100%. I do not know why these people gang up on Joe. He is the best poster on the forum. He is smart, good and nice. Everyone please stop bothering Joe. Joe is good.

ILoveJoeRibaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Living The Good Life

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Roger,

Those are words to live by. Unfortunatly I have not been doing so. Thank you for passing the story along, it is much needed and appreciated, at least by me.

DED, Murphy and Dave,

I appreciate what you are trying to do, and what you have said. Stepping out from the shadows and setting yourself up to be a target, is never an easy thing to do.

I understand how many of the people you speak of, would hesatate to be seen as taking sides here. I have spoken up to defend a number of the people on this forum, who I believed were being unfairly treated. It was not my job, but it is something that comes naturally for me.

That is what has really hurt me on this forum. Not the meaningless attacks, but the silence of many I considered friends. Perhaps Peter is correct, and those "friends" are laughing behind my back. If so, I was wrong in my judgement about them.

One of the people I consider a friend, is S.C. While we have never met, we have shared a good many thoughts. I happen to know that S.C. knows one of the members who has been relentlessly accused of being me, and is not. How far would he need to step out of those shadows and make such a statement? It has nothing to do with taking sides.

Fear of speaking the truth, is not a good thing for anyone to accept as a way of keeping the peace or keeping their friends. If speaking the truth will loose you a friend, he was never your friend to begin with. It would appear that a lot of people I considered friends, were only acquaintances.

Thank you again.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
CuMiner
Greenhorn

Post by CuMiner »

I think that if most people thought for a minute that jumping in and taking sides would end this on and off again, hot and cold fued between a few members of this forum, they would certainly chime in and say their piece.

But the sad fact of the matter seems to be no matter what anyone does or says to try and help the situation, they will find themselves going down that same exact road over and over and over again. How many times has this same fight been cooled off and then flared back up ? And the same members are the same participants time and again.

This is not assigning blame, this is just stating the way things are. I don't blame the members of this forum for not wanting to get drug down into this. It's not their fight, they didn't start it, they don't keep it going and they have no power to stop it. We could all post until our fingers hurt and even if it calms down it's only temporary.

If the members who are participating canno't settle their differences then the right thing to do is for them to leave the forum and join another one. I don't thing they will go for either of those options however.

Yes, people involved have made good contributions to this forum, that is not the point, the point is it is not up to those who don't participate in the bickering to throw someone who is participating off the forum.

I'm responsible for the way I conduct myself, not my friends.

James Anderson
CuMiner
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

Well spoken, James.
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

Post by dutch elm disease »

WELL Ifor 1 am glad a few members have spoken out,im aware that answering back can fan the flames, but turning your back can encourage the bully also.This a forum most of us enjoy,and it would be a shame to see it disintegrate...i sincerely hope it doesnt.while its true we are only physically responsible for our own actions,that dont mean its right to ignore others actions and say"it aint nothing to do with me"...that road leads to anarchy,both in real life ,as well as in this forum.
thanks
azdave35
Part Timer

Post by azdave35 »

i would think that if the moderator of this forum wants it to improve he would ban this i love joe and joe is cool idiot....this is the most chicken shit thing i have ever seen...i thought if we would all ignore him he would go away...but he hasnt
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Right or Wrong?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

As I said, when you fear to speak the truth because you may loose a friend, or you may disturb a non-existent peace, you will find yourself in a no win situation.

A small amount of censure has been voiced to the people who are trying to destroy this forum. They do not take it to heart, rather they return in other guises in hopes they will appear to be a reasonable voice of opposition to the spirit of what is actually being said. They continue the destruction, thinking the sheep will not recognize the wolf in sheep's clothing.

The continued silence of some, are what makes them think their ruse will work. Those people will reap what they are sowing here. Silence will bring silence. Your colective silence brings "Jan", returning to savage me. Remember this: When the wolf tires of me, he will turn on the rest of you. If not this wolf, another.

Would you rather give up this forum than face these guys down?

I will no longer post on this forum, unless someone poses a direct question or comment to me.

Joe Ribaudo
ILoveJoeRibaudo
Greenhorn

Silence

Post by ILoveJoeRibaudo »

Good Joe , good. Fool the bad guys by not posting. That will show them !

ILoveJoeRibaudo
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I dont understand the reasons for all thats going on, but it is annoying that suddenly this board like so many others has this sort of problem. Joe is one of the few members who will actually respond to my inane and stupid questions, as well as Wiz and Dr Glover. Its not bad company I keep in my opinion. They have if anything made me feel welcome on my periodic visits and I thank them. I would hope there is a common bond here that we share concerning our interest in the Superstitions and that this board would be a porch where we share our stories and opinions as openly as possible without cruel ridicule. Few of us truly speak our thoughts as would be hoped, including myself, but Joe has been pretty open on his thoughts and opinions, that should be appreciated and a lesson to us all to loosen our strings a bit.That being said, soon I will be off wandering again and hope that by next spring things are a bit more peaceful.
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

Zen,
I must have missed your inane and stupid questions. My impression is that you're one of the only folks here actually talking about the LDM.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Apology

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

S.C.,

"One of the people I consider a friend, is S.C. While we have never met, we have shared a good many thoughts. I happen to know that S.C. knows one of the members who has been relentlessly accused of being me, and is not. How far would he need to step out of those shadows and make such a statement? It has nothing to do with taking sides."

I was wrong here. DED used his real name with you. I doubt he told you he was DED. Trying to understand the silence, which does not help this forum, but only makes these worms surface out of their dung heap more often, I needlessly and thoughtlessly drug your name into the conversation.

You have my apology, and it is sincere.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
WyattWestwood
Part Timer

Post by WyattWestwood »

Deleted........
Last edited by WyattWestwood on Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S.C.
Part Timer

Post by S.C. »

Joe,

Thank you for clarifying that.

S.C.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Joe,

Why are you dragging SC into this? Have you completely lost your mind?
(oops...dum question...)

P
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Doing The Right Thing

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Steve,

No need to thank me, it was the right thing to do.

The one thing I am really sure of, is that it won't be the last time I will make a mistake. I am just as sure, that when it is pointed out, I will apologize. :oops:

The kids like to speak for everyone these days. I am sure Wyatt......
is not speaking for you, and never will.

Take care,

Joe
Tracy L Hawkins
Part Timer

Joe

Post by Tracy L Hawkins »

to whom it may concern
I know Joe personally and have found him to be a man of honor and integrity. Altho I may not agree with all of his statements he certainly has the right to air them --- is that not what this foeum is for?
Tracy Hawkins
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Thanks

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Tracy,

Thank you for speaking out and for the kind words.

Men often make strong bonds with those they don't always agree with.
Those times you are at odds, give you an understanding and often a respect for the other guy that doesn't always come from constant agreement.

I have been surprise by the number of members, who have never met me, but have stepped up, on the forum and in private to let me know they do not agree with the crazy's.

I will continue, until the forum returns to the members control, to only post replies to those directed to me. That will, no doubt, give the children plenty of chances to make personal attacks.

Thanks, again.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Goodbye
Last edited by TGH on Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The Answer

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

"From: Joe Ribaudo
To: TGH
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:12 am
Subject: Re: The Tag Team
Peter,

What part of, I will only answer your attacks on the forum with PMs, don't you understand? I will continue to stand up to you and the rest of the idiots, in this manner. If you want it to cease, take your head out of your ass, and leave me alone.

Joe Ribaudo"

TGH Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:38 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe,

Why are you dragging SC into this? Have you completely lost your mind?
(oops...dum question...)

P
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess you really can't read. I will repeat it once more: If you insult me on the forum, I will reply with a private message. This is an attempt to keep your bullshit attacks off the forum, and also to keep my replies from getting in the way of whatever conversation you are ruining.

If you really want the forum to be a better place, and feel you must insult me, you have my permission to use a private message to do your cowardly work. Once again, I will reply, only with a private message.

If you are still confused at this point, ask one of the gang to explain the theory of how this will work to you.

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Goodbye
Last edited by TGH on Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azdave35
Part Timer

Post by azdave35 »

why dont we all just post only about the lost dutchman mine or related topics....if you really want to insult people...just show up at the rendezvous and do it to their face