Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Late

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

This is the beginning of an e-mail that I received the other day:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Ribaudo,

In going though Late`s files I asked Mr. Davis to forward the e-mails that you were interested in. Late passed away over the Christmas holidays. The e-mail dated 07/18/05 is the one that created the most heartburn for us. It was never responded to and as you can see from the following e-mails that you folks simply dropped the ball.

(emphasis in bold by Joe)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The short passage I placed in bold was the only comment on Late's death.

The e-mail came from the same person who Late always claimed to be.

I have no idea what to make of any of this as it remains just as twisted a story today as the first day that Late posted here.

I could call Mr. Davis and ask him if he would care to comment, but I am pretty sure he would have no idea what I am talking about. I do know who he is and his phone number.

If the person we knew as "Late49er", who claimed to be Mr. Davis, has passed away, I am sorry to hear it. Whoever he was.....he was entertaining.

Joe Ribaudo
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

"people never see what's right in front of them"
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Fear

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

Often it is fear that blinds them. The same fear that makes some see things that are not there.....hear the tread of monsters in the scurrying's
of the innocent wild creatures of the night.

All of us are blinded by something.

When you think you can see more than the next man, lay your flesh on Mother Earth and soak up her vision. That may be when you realize how small and foolish we all are.

Not everyone will stand up with the same experience. Some will see and feel nothing.

Good hunting,

Joe
djui5
Expert

Re: Fear

Post by djui5 »

Often it is fear that blinds them. The same fear that makes some see things that are not there.....hear the tread of monsters in the scurrying's
of the innocent wild creatures of the night.
Yes, I know this well :lol:
When you think you can see more than the next man, lay your flesh on Mother Earth and soak up her vision. That may be when you realize how small and foolish we all are.

Not everyone will stand up with the same experience. Some will see and feel nothing.

Good hunting,

Joe

Nice quote Joe, and very true :)
I never realized how much you can miss, when it's right in front of you, until I started this hunt. I still do it to this day.
It's fun to go through life and have your ass handed to you. We all gotta keep in line somehow :)

Small and foolish is right. Such a big brain, and so wasted most of the time. That I'll never understand. Then again, looking at the world around me, maybe I do.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
lazarus
Expert

True at first Light

Post by lazarus »

"A thing is true at first light, and a lie by noon and you have no more respect for it than for the lovely, perfect weed-fringed lake you see across the sun-baked salt plain. You have walked across that plain in the morning and you know that no such lake is there. But now it is there absolutely true, beautiful and believable."

-Ernest Hemingway

In other words, things are seldom as they appear.

Laz
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Newest Member

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Mr. Ben Davis,

Let me be the first to welcome you to the LDM Forum.

I noticed you listed your occupation as: "Gatekeeper". It would be interesting to hear what that job entails, as I have never seen it mentioned as an "occupation".

Look forward to reading your posts.

Joe Ribaudo
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Welcome Ben :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Gatekeeper

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

For those who may not know, a "gatekeeper" may not necessarily be someone who actually guards or watches a gate, physical portal or in our case, perhaps, a mine entrance.

A gatekeeper could be someone who guards a specific person or group from "undesirables". A secretary who shields her boss from those he does not wish to see, would be considered a gatekeeper.

These days, outside of the occult, the title is often found in academic circles. In this case, it would refer to those who control the curriculum. That would be the professors/teachers.

In other words, they would be opening and closing the door/gate on the information that the students are exposed to.

As Mr. Davis is an "affiliate" of a university, and is not a secretary, it seems safe to assume that he is a gatekeeper of information/knowledge.

Three questions arise from this deduction:

What information is he opening or closing the gate on and are we the "students" he is giving or withholding knowledge from.

The last question seems simple enough: If his intention is to withhold, or close the gate, why is he here at all?

Could it be that he is actually looking for information?

Joe Ribaudo
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Let me first offer my condolences concerning Late49er to his family and friends.

I heard the news while hiking. It was perhaps a fitting time and place to hear the news concerning this. He will missed and remembered I am sure.
It is unfortunate his retirement south of the border was cut short.

I will miss his perspective on the forum, He kept things interesting if nothing else.

Eldorado,

I understand the two of you were quite close. Sorry to hear of his passing and the loss of someone so near to you. He will have his place and perhaps we will all hear his name on the wind in the canyons someday.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Late49er

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

I had a lengthy conversation with Mr. Ben Davis this morning.

First, I would also like to offer my condolences to Late's family and friends. I believe his brother is probably a member of the Forum, although that is not something Mr. Davis and I discussed.

I came away from our conversation with the impression that Mr. Davis is a highly intelliget man, and sincere in his comments. He assured me that the posts that came from Late and others of their group are true.

Anyone who wants to go back through their posts can determine for themselves what to believe.

Joe Ribaudo
ben davis

Thanks

Post by ben davis »

Hello Randy,

Greetings and thanks.

I hope you enjoyed the book.

Ben
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Of course. Still read it quite often. Need to go through it again, seems I missed something 8O Thank you again for sending that.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari