Repro Stone Maps on ebay

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
skeelos
Greenhorn

Repro Stone Maps on ebay

Post by skeelos »

Was Googling around and found an ebay auction for repro stone maps:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :1:1v_home

There's no way I'd pay what they're asking and I find the whole idea strangely amusing, but I do wonder how often this sort of thing shows up on ebay.
Most of the world's problems are caused by people who take themselves too seriously.
Gene Reynolds
Part Timer

I think there's another way to get rich....

Post by Gene Reynolds »

I am going to make a mud carving of my face - then sign it in inside the mouth - and sell it for $500. - just think - you can be at home on the computer relaxing - and throw darts at it at the same time - why not - everyone has to have a gimmic........

I also am selling my new diet plan.......... It's simple------ Send me $29.95 and I'll send it to you. "Millions Sold For More."....... While in a siting position at the dinner table.......Simply push your fat A away from it!!
Gaureenteed to work or double your money back..........Loose those ugly pounds fast......
Writer of Borrego 13
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Again?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Skeelos,

I guess it's true. The more things (or names) change, the more they stay the same. :wink:

Good luck.

Respectfully,

Joe
hound dog
Greenhorn

Post by hound dog »

I would like to offer a gold map for sale. Hardly used. Like new. Just please ignore the purple crayon marks I picked up the wrong color.
call if you would like more info......602-411

Hound dog
skeelos
Greenhorn

Re: I think there's another way to get rich....

Post by skeelos »

Gene Reynolds wrote:I am going to make a mud carving of my face - then sign it in inside the mouth - and sell it for $500.
Hey, I saw that at Graceland! Are you really Elvis? :D
Most of the world's problems are caused by people who take themselves too seriously.
Ward
Greenhorn

Stone maps on ebay

Post by Ward »

skeelos

My first impression of the maps when I saw them on ebay was much the same as yours. I went to look at them at Pro Mack and just stood there in awe, you get a totally different impression with them right there looking back at you.

I will own a set of the main 4 Peralta Stones someday but I'm not really interested in the crosses or latin heart.

If you keep an eye on his auctions he sometimes offeres the 4 stone maps by themselves for a lot less.

If you think the stone maps are expensive, check out the price on these GPS readings!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

ward
skeelos
Greenhorn

Re: Stone maps on ebay

Post by skeelos »

Ward,

I'm sure there's an entire cottage industry supported by the LDM. If people want to throw their money around, I say let them as long as no intentional fraud is involved. Doesn't mean that I'm going to buy into it. The stone maps are fascinating, but I'm not convinced yet that even the originals have any meaning. I'd much rather pay to see the originals for myself instead of paying for plaster reproductions.