Forum Bickering

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Roger
Part Timer

Forum Bickering

Post by Roger »

I have been on this forum for enough years to offer my opinon on the recent posting content. There has been a large number of posting that are overt or veiled verbal abuse and attacks of certain forum members by others. I for one am tired of having to read through all of this to get to some real LDM content.

I have a suggestion to keep the forum focused on the topic of the LDM, but let members vent if they need to. There is another section of the Gold Mining Forum Index as follows:

"General Info and Help
Use this forum for any questions or information that is not related directly to LDM. Leave the Lost Dutchman forum for only disussions about the LDM."

I believe this topic section was created for other postings that are non-LDM. Might I suggest that if you have a verbal attack, comment on someone's sources or their veracity, use of profanity, etc, that you put it under the General Info and Help section so the rest of us don't have to wade through it.

Respectfully,

Roger
Grayhair
Greenhorn

Bickering

Post by Grayhair »

Well said, Roger!

Grayhair
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Shallow Wading

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Roger,

Asking someone for their sources has been debated here before. It is considered "de rigueur" in academic circles. If you want this to just be a bullshit session, let's all just start nodding our heads right now. "Yup" will become the standard reply to all posts.

Would you rather "wade through" lengthy posts concerning "Kino's sun glasses" or have someone make a short comment asking for a source, or pointing out that the author can't read?

If we don't question each other, this forum will just turn into a game of "liars poker".

You may notice that some members like, Dr. Glover, Aurum, S.C. and a few others, almost always give their sources. All of those people welcome the requests for those sources, if they have not already suppllied them. Someone who resents a request for a source, probably got the story from a drunk at the local pub. :lol:

If your source must remain anonymous, for any reason, you should just say so, and let the chips fall where they may. The real question here, is why tell the "source sensitive" story at all?

Peter's comments concerning the "hidden waterfall", have a direct bearing on the location of the LDM, assuming you believe the Two Soldiers/Joe Deering stories, as they have been generally accepted. My reply, requesting a source for the story, is relevant.

My comments concerning Peter's habits, were a direct response to his many personal attacks on me. While it may have been better for the forum if I just ignored them, there are too many people on this site who know me personally, and realize I would never be a doormat for anyone.
Not responding would lend some credence to his accusations.

I have tried to smooth thing over with Peter, Wiz, Azmula and others many times on this site. I will continue to do that. They will have to follow their own judgements.

The Superstitions have always been a source of strength for me. Alone in some of the more powerful places, I have heard the voices the Apache speak of. I have laid down and rolled in the four directions and stood with my mind smoothed and steadied. Perhaps it's time I returned to the wisdom of those places.

I will try to follow your excellent advise. Thank's.

Respectfully,

Joe
bill711
Expert

forum bickering

Post by bill711 »

Roger; I,m sorry if you thought I was bickering or talking noughty BUT I was not doing so! I was not attacking anyone [petier] either. I asked a simple question of peter and he wouldn,t answer me? why? Is not the forum,s purpose to exchange idea,s or to be of help to one another? I asked a simple question and got the air? why? could not peter have at least said piss off that would be more kind than egnoring me! At least I would know that he knows that I am a fellow person and am here? If his secret,s are so big then WHAT in the hell is he doing on the forum if he doesn,t want or is not going to share them??? Personally I think he,s too dumb to find his rearend with both hands tied behind him. I wouldn,t want to hold my breath until he found a round rock. Bill
Roger
Part Timer

Forum Bickering

Post by Roger »

bill711:

Your response verifies my comments!

Roger
bill711
Expert

Forum Bickering

Post by bill711 »

WELL Roger: Maybe we should appoint us a proof reading sanitizer to make sure that nobody offends anyone??? huhhhhh I would appoint you if Joe would let me BUT then DED would probily kick in and disagree with our choice and then you would have to complain about our BICKERING again. If you are that tender, so sensitive, so far above the fray, so so clean that you won,t even chew denteen gum THEN I can,t understand how you can hope to hike out accross some of the toughest terrain and hope to find the proverbial X marks the spot!!!! If you can,t handle mentally a few WORDS on paper. NOW Roger I am pissed at Petier and I will say what I want to petier. BUT I do not dislike petier or hate Petier or anything else. WHAT? No I am not even mad or pissed at YOU either. BUT I do feel sorry for your very pooor state of mind? I myself preferr a good arguement than static elec. I know at least someone is thinking of something. WHAT ? No I do not approve of filthy language either. Good Day Bill 8) DED good post :lol:
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

No Change

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Roger,

I really should have added you to the list of "good guys". You are, another, "gentleman".

We had a little exchange a while back, and it sums up Joe Ribaudo pretty well. I won't quote the post where you dinged me. Everyone gets a little tight-jawed now and then. :wink:

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:41 pm Post subject: Obie's Maps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Roger,

I received the maps. Thank you very much.

They are interesting, but I would not want to spend any time pounding around trying to follow them. The map with the photo is pretty much
"Obie Stoker". The other one looks like someone else's work.

I appreciate the apology. You are not alone in your opinion of me. I say what I believe, and that rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Perhaps I need to change my personality to get along better. I doubt that will happen any time soon, so no need for you guys to hold your breath.

As you can tell from my participation in this forum, I enjoy the topics and the people who have something to say. When it slows down, I like to try to get the conversation going again.

Thanks again for the reply and the maps.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo]

I have tried to be less offensive, but....... :oops:

I think there is a way to block specific posters, but you never know when someone might say something worthwhile. :lol:

Take care.

Respectfully,

Joe
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Paid Up Dues

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Bill,

Now don't you go infering that Roger is a city boy. He has paid his dues in the Supe's, and I would guess his Union card has an older number than most. That would include an Okie or two who are so desperate for a real mountain, that they hang out on this site just to hear about one. :wink:

If Roger was from New York City, you might have a case here. :roll:

The "boss" here has already set up a "proof reading sanitizer" and it's me.
Let's not go appointing someone else to a job I fought long and hard for.
You just stay out of my baliwick, and we will get along just fine. :)

Roger likes things to be smooth, and there's something to be said for that.
He get's tired of reading this tripe, and I get pretty weary having to write it. If these pups will just stop yammering at my heels, biting and getting puppy slober all over my good hiking boots, we can all "just get along".

There are some interesting threads starting, so I think it's time to let this one go.

Respectfully,

Joe
bill711
Expert

forum bickering

Post by bill711 »

Well Joe; I,m still wondering about where poe- toe,s Petier pulled pork slamwitch people got their pork from? Maybe it,s imported from New York Maybe??? bill
redison
Part Timer

Bickering

Post by redison »

Roger,

AMEN!

To bad your outstanding observations and comments were ignored by those that are the worst offenders.

Those that they are trying the hardest to offend don't seem to be worrying about it. So why should it bother the rest of us? It's become second nature for me to simply scroll past postings placed in the forums by certain members. It is sad that a few undesirable members could drive away so many desirable members whose continued input we all could have enjoyed so much.

I have it from a reliable source that there is a new website coming that will be in the same format as this one, except that every fourm will have it's own moderator selected for his expertise and experience in the subject area.

The moderators will have the ability to delete obscene or inflamitory posts and deny access to the offendeing individuals making such posts.

I don't have the URL for it yet, but if you "Google" the name "Legends of the Superstitions" on a regular basis I am sure you will find it when it comes online.

I think it will be more in line with what you would like this forum to be.

BTW Roger, You won't have to be googling for it, I understand that YOU will be invited to moderate one of the forums.

redison
TC1228
Greenhorn

Post by TC1228 »

redison

I like the sound of that. you can tell your 'reliable source' that I would be more than happy to make an annual contribution toward the maintenance and upkeep fees of that site.

tc
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Redison and/or TC,

[Roger,

AMEN!

To bad your outstanding observations and comments were ignored by those that are the worst offenders.

Those that they are trying the hardest to offend don't seem to be worrying about it. So why should it bother the rest of us? It's become second nature for me to simply scroll past postings placed in the forums by certain members. It is sad that a few undesirable members could drive away so many desirable members whose continued input we all could have enjoyed so much.

redison]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:50 am Post subject:

[You are a trip Joe,

You had a 7 day approval and refund offer beginning with the day you received the item. What in the world does that have to do with the time the auction closed?

I think your talent for bending or concealing the truth in your effort to be the self appointed moderator of this forum has been pretty well exposed.

What your intentions or motives are may be understood by some, but remain a complaint mystery to me.

Isn't it about time you chimed in as Bill, DED or one of your many other secret identities? Your not doing so well with this one.

Yes, I've been doing a lot of browsing of this website in an effort to better understand what kind of warped multiple personality I am dealing with here.

I'm afraid it's beyond my ability to comprehend. I find it consoling to remember that I only have to contend with your ramblings when I choose to log on here and always have the option of scrolling past your nonsense.

You on the other hand have to contend with yourself every minute of every day.

R Edison]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TC1228

Replies: 95
Views: 3828
Forum: LDM Discussions Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:42 am Subject: Jenkins' lost load
[Bill711

You're slipping bill, I read all the way through that last post of yours without even backing up to start over once! Did your wife Proof or Edit that one for you?]

Did the two of you put your heads together on this one, or is there just one big head?

"To bad your outstanding observations and comments were ignored by those that are the worst offenders."

Considering the number of posts you have made, just what kind of "offenders" are you? :roll:

What a joke :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Respectfully,

Joe
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

Post by dutch elm disease »

ignore it joe/bill, it dont take a lot to work out who redison either is/or is allied with.they/he/them are just getting your goat. :idea:
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Goat Poor

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

DED,

Thank's for the advise, but I have no goats to get. :) These posts are all for fun and have no purpose in life, other than passing some time and exposing some frauds. :roll:

Roger is really a class act, as far as I'm concerned, but he puts too much stock in this "tit for tat" nonsense. It takes no time or effort to ignore them.

Respectfully,

Joe
bill711
Expert

bickering

Post by bill711 »

TO ALL; I was just joshing the peter about his pulled pork sandwitches that he said he like so well in NY city. I had never heard of the sandwitch and asked him what it was. HE Peter told me. I have been hearing the pulled pork sandwitch being advertised over at POTEAU lately a french name {Pronouced POE-TOE} YES We had the french-spanish-vikings all thru our country. I called the town poe-toe becuase I didn,t think he would know how to pronouce Poteau. Hence I spelled it poe-toe. Peter goes into one of his SURLY moods on me and won,t speak Then every fucker in the country BUTTES in about his FEELINGS and wanting aching chomping at the bit to get OFFENDED. I say horse BOCKY... Edison start your crappy little forum who cares??? MOOO MOOO MOOO I have no dought it will be as messy as you are, all down your leg!!!! 8O 8O bill 8) AND WWW you can kiss my entire rear end tooo!!! That,s all folks...