Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

Yeah!
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

gee- what did i say? gulp!
just a few comments on last few posts - i didnt expect to get so much reaction but im here so ill rely lol
as regarding throwing out certain works by certain writers i.e storm -corbin- glover and to a lesser extent ely-that might not be such a bad thing.
the ark and the holy grail proves my point - people make cases for and theories about two things that in all probability never existed.
the comparison of the dutchman and troy legends has good points and bad. surely we are not classing homer- the greek poetsetc alongside storm corbin ely and the like? troy or the legend of was discarded by the experts purely and simply because that society had so the "experts" believed no written records -the history and legends associated with troy were kept alive in poems etc of such llength that the "experts "of the day considered that they could not have been kept alive in verbal form only. ok they were wrong but it was at the time a measured and considered opinion. to my mind it differs completely.
the centuries that have passed since the dissapearance of troy and the rediscovery of bears no comparison wtimewise with same appearance/disappearance of the dutchman. theres so many imponderables associated with the dutchman technology- scientific advances-etc etc comparing one with the other is pointless.and of course if the dutchman was found someone would undoubtedly come forward and say "ah yes -but thats not the real dutchman!"
omg! ive done it again! er er er -i think i better go while im in one piece lol
LDM
Part Timer

Post by LDM »

Deleted.
Last edited by LDM on Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Expert

Post by Peter »

<<the ark and the holy grail proves my point - people make cases for and theories about two things that in all probability never existed>>

Are you telling me you doubt the HISTORICAL (forget about religion for a minute) reality of these objects?
S.C.
Part Timer

Opinions

Post by S.C. »

I am sure we all agree. Everyone's opinions are welcome. That's what makes a discussion fun.
don
Part Timer

the ark? gulp

Post by don »

let me see now er the ark in an historical context hmmmm well i think in a roundabout kind of way i mean sort of -in a manner of speaking-you know what peter? i dont care wether it exists or not - whether it be nestled on the top of mount ararat-deep in king davids sepulchre- or deep in the heart of texas- in fact im gonna renounce my ways-no doubting thomas me! any more-from this millisecond in time im gonna believe everything im told-everything i hear -and most of what see- you see before you a changed man. in fact ive chucked my job sold my house and am in the process of scouring the hotels in georgia to find out whether elvis is REALLY alive and well and working as a waitress in a cocktail bar somewhere.and perchance purely by accident i may even meet a relative of the two soldiers and if he lets any clues slip i may and i repeat may let the members of this forum know the details.as a thought im not sure whether the reports of elvis being alive are primary sources or secondary but i giess ill take a chance on that.
in short my answer to your question is who cares ? lol 8) wot ? no emoticons?
don
Part Timer

ark2

Post by don »

ok no disrespect peter who knows your views may be right(i doubt it but they might)
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

Don,
I think you might be overreacting to some of the other posts. I don't think anyone here is upset with you; your opinions are welcome and disagreement is the norm here.
The Holy Grail and Troy were only used as illustrative examples. No one was seriously comparing those things with the Lost Dutchman, except in the most general conceptual way.
You obviously have some considered opinions to contribute to this forum. These are always welcome. However, you might consider reigning in the sarcastic parts of your postings. There are some serious guys here, people that know far more about the subject than you or I. Let's keep a good debate going, and avoid the childish sniping.
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

don wrote:...and of course if the dutchman was found someone would undoubtedly come forward and say "ah yes -but thats not the real dutchman!"
This is very true, and it's going to be a tough one to get past if the mine ever is actually found.

Which reminds me: we haven't heard from Ron about his excavation. What about it, Ron? The fire closures have been lifted; the weather is getting nice; when are we going to hear something about this? I tell you what, if I found a cache cave or whatever it is, I'd be in there like a flash!
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Deerings/Soldiers Trail

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Don,
We have come a long way from the Deerings/Soldiers Trail. What we were discussing was somewhat abstract and not necessarily based in fact.
Your assumption we were discussing Noah's Ark shows how easy it is to misinterpret a statement. Many, many legends and folklore have been prooved to be based in fact over the years. I try to keep an open mind to all ideas, even tho I may find them ludicrous. The LDM, the Jesuit and a number of other treasures in the Superstitions is right in there close to ludicrous, but since I could be wrong, I keep looking.
don
Part Timer

sarcasm

Post by don »

ok wiz joe that was fair comment- no problem. but i wasnt suggesting any of you were idiots,my las post was just a parody.
by the way -and this goin on a different tack- but some time previously in the archived postings i noticed a contributor mention barry storms comment that keenan and purnell were involved ibn a court case involvin disputed map.now if thats true obviously the implications regatrding ruth etc could be enormous. so i dug out my copy of thunder gods gold and there in footnotes was the statements.
anyway to cut long story short i emailed mesa court explainibg this and asking if transcript of case would be available for purchase. i made it clear that the case reputedly took place in 1940. the email returned saying these records existed and for a fee could be obtained. i was given the court fone number which i phoned.i was told curtly that said records didnt go back that far-while the previous contactee said they did . unfortunately first contact seems to be unavailable.any suggestions? or indeed any knowledge regarding said case
LDM
Part Timer

Post by LDM »

Deleted.
Last edited by LDM on Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
don
Part Timer

purnell case

Post by don »

thanks ldm ill follow your advice and see what transpires.it could be interesting