update on dig

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Ron
Part Timer

update on dig

Post by Ron »

Just to touch base, ( I guess you guys are my base?), we will begin to open the mine on September 11, 2004. We will start by setting in a camp at the trailhead.
Let me state officially what it is that we hope to determine or find. Everyone talks of the Spanish, Peraltas, and land grants, but there is little to no proof that they were here. The Historians all preach that there was no mining north of the Gila River by the Spanish ever. There are many of course that will debate that , especially everyone on this forum. Hopefully , from the information and documentation that I have , we will be able to prove the historians wrong. Remember this is first an archarological dig, with professional archaeologists hired to assess what we may find. The possible occurence of bullion , that we feel may still be present, would of course be an added bonus to the proof and in other ways.
As on a documentary on the Atocha and Mel Fisher that I saw a few years ago , his son was interviewed as he swam amongst the wreck and artifacts. He was asked about the treasure, and replied that it was not the treasure , but the history they proved and the finely laying to rest of some of their own theories.
If we win , lose , or draw , it will be an experience that will be a thrill. Actually , I guess we did win to the point that we obtained the treasure trove permit in the first place. Lastly , I would like to commend my district ranger for having the courage to allow this to happen. There were many steps and requirements that I had to meet, but it still all rested on his final decision.
Thomas Glover
Part Timer

Post by Thomas Glover »

Mr. Ron,

Well said. And I would agree that you start with a win.

Well done.

The best of luck!
Scott
Part Timer

Post by Scott »

Thats Great Ron,I am glad that the process of treasure trove works!
The best of luck for your explorations.Your persistance and acceptance for a permit is historic! And within the provisions of the regulations.
Thanks Ron ,If you run short on anything,Just ask,I will help.
Regards , Scott
bill711
Expert

Update On Dig!

Post by bill711 »

I want to wish you alot of luck along with your natural ability Ron. If it,s not out of place to ask; How long and How much did the permision cost you? I know it,s been quit awhile.. :D :D :D I am glad for you... Bill