GPS points in the Superstition Mountains and LDM

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
John1170

GPS points in the Superstition Mountains and LDM

Post by John1170 »

I am new to this forum. I will be visting the Superstition Mountain in a few months, and wounding if any one had any GPS points to intresting sites.
Thanks
John
azdave35
Part Timer

gps points

Post by azdave35 »

there is a guy on ebay that sells maps with all the gps points of interest in the superstitions....if you cant find him...email me and i'll dig up ihs number for you.... [email protected]
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

John,
Also try hikearizona.com
They are a hiking group and have all sorts of that kind of stuff.
S.C.
Part Timer

Post by S.C. »

The gentleman on ebay sells many LDM and general treasure books. He sometimes auctions the maps in question. Just go to ebay and look up "Lost Dutchman" and chances are he has something for sale. He goes by the name "atvdesign." So, if he is not selling the maps now, one could probably contact him through one of his other sales and then ask him about buying the maps.

The gentleman in question is Mitch Waite who has written a few books on the LDM himself. He also has an interesting video that he sells every now and then.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Points of Interest

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

John,

Welcome to the forum.

Mitch is an interesting guy to talk to. If you get the chance go by and meet him. He has been at this for forty years or so, and has his share of stories, many of them original.

The best way to get GPS coordinates without going into the mountains is to buy Delorme's Topo 5.0 program. You will be amazed at what you can do.

Good Luck.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
azdave35
Part Timer

maptech

Post by azdave35 »

maptech is much better topo software than delorme....also is does 3-d
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

3-D

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

azdave,

Delorme does 3-D views as well. I have just about all of the programs except Maptech. Does Maptech have satelite interface? Lots of options out there.

Respectfully,

Joe
rochha
Part Timer

Map Tech

Post by rochha »

Joe,

Yes Map tech does have satellite interface, it comes with a years subscrition to satellite imagery. This is a neat program.

John1170,

I have purchased a few books from Mitch, he is a good guy.

Rochha